Ospreys versus Tigers - all discussion here please!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Swan02
Top Cat
Top Cat

Ospreys versus Tigers - all discussion here please!

Post by Swan02 »

So its the HC pool decider and there's another warm welcome awaiting you at the liberty stadium in Swansea.
Any news on the day and time of kick off?
Leghorn

Re: Ospreys versus Tigers

Post by Leghorn »

Or at least as warm as 8 to 10,000 fans can make it!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Careful Leghorn, this one seems to come in peace! :smt002

Might not be a decider if you can scrape a win in France! Good luck with that though.

Should be a real winner takes all cracker at the Liberty!
Swan02
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Swan02 »

I definitely come in peace.
I really enjoyed your previous two visits to Swansea as the games were real ding dong affairs with no quarter asked or given.
Tickets will go on sale next week. East stand is the best location but they will sell pretty quickly for this one I think.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Swan02 wrote:I definitely come in peace.
I really enjoyed your previous two visits to Swansea as the games were real ding dong affairs with no quarter asked or given.
Tickets will go on sale next week. East stand is the best location but they will sell pretty quickly for this one I think.
It will be close to a sell-out as it was last year (18250 against a capacity of 20400) but what I don't understand is why so few fans turn up at the liberty week-in, week-out. Average attendances for magners games are 7000!
Always a Tiger
Swan02
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Swan02 »

Our population is very small in West and mid Glamorgan, plus the Scarlet region is only 8 miles down the road to the west and the blues region is only 25 miles to the east so these most certainly contribute to the lower crowds although we will still average around 10,000 at the end of the season.
If yiou consider that the blues average over 10,000 per game and the Scarlets around 7,000 combined we would average around 27,000 a game if we were one region.

Anyway back to the day of the game..... There is a marquee outside the stadium which has a good selection of beer and very good live bands at every game plus the stadium itself has over 25 bars around the inner concourse to wet the larynx before, during and after the game.
There are a limited amount of pubs in the area and those that are get very full to brimming so I suggest the marquee.
Hope this helps.
Swan02
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Swan02 »

Round 6: Ospreys v Leicester Tigers - Saturday 23rd January, 1:35pm at Liberty Stadium

Tickets for the pool deciding game against familiar foes, Leicester Tigers go on sale as from tomorrow at 10am. Tickets are available either online, by telephone on 08700 400004, or in person at our Liberty Stadium Ticket Office.
Swan02
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Swan02 »

Nearly 15,000 at the Liberty on Friday for Ospreys versus Blues which is more like the support we require.
Lets hope we beat this figure when the Tigers come to Swansea on the 23rd January.
Minty

Post by Minty »

We got our x4 Tickets in the Tigers section near the bench's :smt023
Swan02
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Swan02 »

They are great seats. You will not miss a thing there.
Enjoy the day.
Minty

Post by Minty »

Cheers Swan, we had a good time last year too thanks, it was a shame we only needed to play for the loosing bonus point but never the less it was a pleasant evening.
We were sat the oposite side by the try line last time on the front row. Looking forward to these seats though now :smt003

i'm guessing Mike Phillps will be fit for this game, That will please the girlfriend
Tircoeds

Post by Tircoeds »

Minty wrote:i'm guessing Mike Phillps will be fit for this game, That will please the girlfriend
Doubtful Phillips will be fit for the game, Ricky Januarie will be playing 9 for us, which definately wont please your girlfriend, unless she has a thing for props ..... dont let his size / shape deceive you though, he has played very well for us since landing mid December.
Swan02
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Swan02 »

Who's thye ref likely to be ?
Alun Lewis probably...
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Swan02 wrote:Who's thye ref likely to be ?
Alun Lewis probably...
Not listed yet,you've got Dave Pearson in France next week.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Would love us to repeat that showing against the Ospreys! Really looking forwards to that clash.

4 tries against Viadana first though please!