Wasps in another pitch controversy

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

This is absolutley awful the Wasps players should be forced to do what the Wigan players done after the 9-1 loss and refund ALL fans that were at the game.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: Wasps in another pitch controversy

Post by TigerCam »

Tyzot wrote:I know that the pests like uncontested scrums - but uncontested matches is really taking it too far :smt002
That's it once one loophole has been closed they find another. I hope the RFU deduct them the 4pts and forfeit them the game. I did hear that Tom V can't run in wellies?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

The pitch at the Rec for tonight's game looked a little moist, wonder what the Insects would have made of that?
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Cueto has expressed an opinion (source tomorrows telegraph)

“It’s an absolute shambles and a total joke,” he said.

“It’s not even that bad, it is a little bit wet but it is a rugby field at the end of the day.

“If one team can do it then what is stopping every team coming up here and saying they don’t fancy it.

“It is a multi-million pound business, and the Guinness Premiership so it is a joke.”
Still keeping the faith!
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

can't have been as bad as the pitch for the south africa france world cup semi final in 95 - standing water in massive pools

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl8YrvpwQXE - from approx 4:50-5:30
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

What a load of baloney. The Wimps as I will now call them are even bigger cheats than Bath or Quins are. I cannot believe they are using player welfare as there excuse for not playing the game.
You can get rugby injuries on any surface at any time of the year.

So if Wasps called for summer rugby to be played would they call the game of if it were 90 degrees because they may get sunburn.

What aload of nonces. And I will expect them to get away with this because the RFU cannot be seen to discipline a BIG club with all there so called star players.

Wimps are a disgrace and should be made to pay. They are not above the law.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Sale should be given 5 match points.
Wasps should have 15 match points deducted from their season's total.
The Wasps senior coach should be banned for the rest of the season.
Wasps should be fined the total amount that Sale lost on organising the game with the fine being given to Sale.

That's my view!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Don't always agree with you Pete, but I most certainly do on this one!
Valhalla I am coming!
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Pete wrote:Sale should be given 5 match points.
Wasps should be fined the total amount that Sale lost on organising the game with the fine being given to Sale.

That's my view!
I would add,

There was also going to be a collection for the victims of the floods in Cumbria, so a £50K paid into the flood victims fund should be added.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Sale should have done what the Scotland football team did when Estonia failed to turn up for a world cup match in Tallinn and simply kicked off without them.

At least that gave the Scot's supporters the opportunity to produce one of the more memorable chants: "One team in Tallinn. There's only one team in Tallinn."

Unfortunately FIFA bottled it on that occassion and ordered the game to replayed on neutral ground.

I hope the GP show a bit more bottle. Give 5 points to Sale and instruct Wasps to pay a very VERY hefty amount in compensation to Sale, the Sale fans, and the Wasps fans.
I know safety is paramount these days, but as Jim Royle would say: "Safety my ****!"
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

Pete wrote:Sale should be given 5 match points.

That's my view!

Agree with what you say other than the 5 points to Sale only because I question how fair it is on the other premiership sides.
Another alternative could be to replay the game at Sale then when the game between Wasps and Sale is played at Adams park this should be behind closed doors so that Wasps lose all revenue,
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The game will not be given to Sale and will be played.............Wasps should and IMO will be punished for their refusal to play.

As, has previously been said somewhere, Sale will have some of their injured players back and Wasps may have fixture congestion as I would expect them to progress in the European Challenge Cup.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
johnno24

Post by johnno24 »

i agree that wasps should make a donation to the cumbrian flood victims. By deciding to not play the match they have deprived these poor people of some much needed cash. Also i was always brought up thinking that rugby matches always had a bit more of an entertainment value when it was played in wet and muddy conditions. maybe wasps have got too many players who are more bothered about their manicures than playing a rugby match in proper rugby condtions maybe they should be reminded their in england and these conditions are quite regular they cannot just pick and choose which matches they want to play.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

Lets not forget the other bit of cheating here that will affect Tigers.......the Insects will be coming off the back off a 2 week break when we visit Adams Park next week......
Simmo
AidanMcDowell

Post by AidanMcDowell »

...and we'll be coming off the back of our first five-pointer of the season so the insects had better watch out!