Tigers Fire Alarm

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

cubwolf

Tigers Fire Alarm

Post by cubwolf »

Just a quick message to thank the tigers ground for waking me up at 5.30 am today! The fire alarm was doing its thing on the pa system for about 20 minutes.A nice siren sound and a lady asking me to vacate the ground Not a great start to the day waking up mid dream and thinking your on fire :smt003
I live a couple of miles away as well so god only knows what people who live nearer the ground thought.
The club were very apologetic when i rang to see if it was them making the noise :smt023
Tigerbeat

Re: Tigers Fire Alarm

Post by Tigerbeat »

Response from Charles Rayner:

Response to the Tigers Fire Alarm:
To Cubwolf.

Many apologies for the fire alarm going off this morning. Normally the security officer would switch off the sounders but he couldn’t as there was water in the fire detector caused by a beer cellar producing too much condensation. We have now adjusted the cooling and fitted a new sensor. There shouldn’t be a reoccurrence.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
cubwolf

Post by cubwolf »

Thanks for the reply. I can understand the fire alarm going off but i wondered why it was being piped around the pa system when the ground was i assume empty?
Anyway i have had a large red bull so not so tired now :smt015
woutster

Post by woutster »

cubwolf,

as per British Standard 5839 part 8, it is a requirement that fire alarm systems are connected to a PA system to make an announcement. This can only be turned off at the main fire control panel (MFCP) after the alert. However as in this case with condensation in a detector, this detector will keep on sending a signal to the MFCP that it is not operating within it's designed parameters. It will keep on sending this signal until someone with sufficient authority can access higher level codes within the MFCP to isolate this detector and eventually replace it. Any electrical equipment does not work will with water, and condensation in particular is very damaging to fire and smoke detectors.

http://www.bsi-global.com/Shop/Publicat ... 0030136499

you going to see NK in Nottignham on Saturday?

cheers

Wout
cubwolf

Post by cubwolf »

Cheers for that. Yes i am in Nottingham on Saturday.See you then