Tigers on Sky up to Christmas - 8 times!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbeat

Re: Tigers on Sky up to Christmas - 8 times!!

Post by Tigerbeat »

The item regarding the change of date for the London Irish game is actually on the home page.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Mr Macca

Post by Mr Macca »

Am I the only one who thinks that this isn't necessarily all a good thing? Almost certainly mentioned elsewhere but my main gripe is that this means that k/o times get messed around with so that e.g. I'm now going to have to miss the Newcastle game :smt013 :smt013 What have Sky got against showing 245pm/3pm k/os on a Saturday?!!
On the first day of Tigers my true love sent to me
a Graham Rowntree
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

For those who travel to the games, mostly by public transport, these KO times are ridiculous.

17.35pm this weekend against Newcastle is neither one thing nor the other. I don't mind the evening KO's as I just stay over in Leicester or the 15.00pm KO's mean I get home at a reasonable time. But 17.35pm is horrible, it means I get home at about 22.20pm and the night is gone!

Ditto next weeks match at Bath with a 18.05pm KO. I had that pencilled in as one I wanted to travel to but not with that KO time and over-priced hotels in Bath!
Always a Tiger
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

BJ. wrote:
bluntiger wrote:For those who travel to the games, mostly by public transport, these KO times are ridiculous.
Which is why we stopped using public transport and take it in turns to drive. It costs a darn sight less in petrol than rail tickets. FYI, Huntingdon to Welford Road is only about 10 miles longer than our journey.
Indeed BJ, I shall be driving this weekend. It will cost less and get me home before 21.00pm.
Always a Tiger
alex_111
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tigers on sky 3

Post by alex_111 »

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but tigers v newcastle will be broadcast on sky 3 this weekend meaning that anyone with freeview will be able to see it
Mr Macca

Post by Mr Macca »

Is it in the contract with the Premiership then that Sky can dictate (ridiculous) k/o times? Apart from the obvious answer (money), why do the clubs put up with it. Don't the fans who actually (try to) go to games count for anything? I bought my season ticket thinking (not unreasonably) that most if not all home games would be on a Saturday at 245/3.

Thanks for the warning on the Davis Cup BJ - I'll be sky plusing Spain v Israel
On the first day of Tigers my true love sent to me
a Graham Rowntree