Sell out for Newcastle game?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Timbo15
Top Cat
Top Cat

Sell out for Newcastle game?

Post by Timbo15 »

Bleddyn mentioned during the commentry for the quins game that there are only 400 tickets left for the newcastle game already!

I hope this is true so we can welcome the team back to welford road in style. :smt026
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Sell out for Newcastle game?

Post by WiggoTiger »

Could it be that this game entitles you to another free before xmas and has encouraged purchases. :smt017
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

WiggoTiger wrote:Could it be that this game entitles you to another free before xmas and has encouraged purchases. :smt017
Reduced prices and your money back on this game if you book another fixture before Christmas I believe.

I just booked 3 tickets for this match online. Not many left at all now!
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Just wonder, with the cheap tickets et all, where all the additional bodies have appeared from? Just hope they have the respect for the game?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

If they haven't TigerCam, they will learn quickly under our benign and stringent teaching methods!

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Last edited by Bill W (2) on Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still keeping the faith!
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

Great to see the positive vibes from the likes of TigerCam! Ready to moan at the new arrivals? Let's get to the game, see what happens then you can gloat.
zee

Post by zee »

Says on the OS just surpassed the 20,000 mark. This game will probably just sell out i think, but it worries me that with a few dodgy results, sky showing many games, higher ticket prices (after these promotions finish), LCFC doing very well, mediocre opposition with few travelling fans that we may struggle to reach 20,000 for a few games this year? where does this leave us in terms of trying to expand to 30,000? Views?
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Yes, but you do have to bear in mind, with the greatest respect to our Northumbrian visitors, Newcastle at a rubbish kick-off time isn't super-peak ticket sales material. Sinners or Barf on a Saturday at 3.00 might be a better indicator. I doubt there will be the giveaways for those.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

zee wrote:Says on the OS just surpassed the 20,000 mark. This game will probably just sell out i think, but it worries me that with a few dodgy results, sky showing many games, higher ticket prices (after these promotions finish), LCFC doing very well, mediocre opposition with few travelling fans that we may struggle to reach 20,000 for a few games this year? where does this leave us in terms of trying to expand to 30,000? Views?
20,000 is a most auspicious number!
Still keeping the faith!
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

How does 20,000 compare to Saracens?

Am I correct in thinking Saracens have been watched by over 100,000 supporters already this season, after just two games?
Mr_Ben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Mr_Ben »

Pete wrote:How does 20,000 compare to Saracens?

Am I correct in thinking Saracens have been watched by over 100,000 supporters already this season, after just two games?
Yes if you assume that all of the people who were at Twickenham went for only their game.
In my own experience of events like the double header plenty of people like to head off to the bar during the other game to the one they planned to watch.

Suspect we'll still top the attendance average by the end of the season too
kricher192

Post by kricher192 »

:smt006
Last edited by kricher192 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forwards win games , Backs decide by how much
kricher192

Post by kricher192 »

The one thing you all seemed to have forgotten is that for our heineken cup semi against Bath we seemed to have 28,000 fans all cheering and smiling and willing the team onto greatness and bearing in mind those tickets were expensive and that these are cheap i believe that filling a 24,000 seater for most games will be rather easy :smt023
Forwards win games , Backs decide by how much
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I don't think many of the new fans will come from the ranks of LCFC.

Just taking my old stomping ground (villages around the Vale of Belvoir) there were loads of people who were delighted to be asked to go to a Tigers game, given that tickets could be hard to come by and they were guaranteed a good day out. As long as I could get hold of the tickets, I could always fill up a minibus for the trip.

Had I asked these same people to devote their time and money to go and see Leicester City v Blackpool they would have choked on their Peculiar Old Speckled Bishop's Gonads.

As long as Tigers can attract people who already like rugby, but maybe haven't been to Welford Road very often, we're laughing. Especially if they bring their kids.
Last edited by Kinoulton on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

TigerCam wrote:Just wonder, with the cheap tickets et all, where all the additional bodies have appeared from? Just hope they have the respect for the game?
Well in my experience and those of others via comments on this forum there are quite a few 'established' members that seem to be somewhat lacking in respect for the game and fellow spectators - something that I wish the club had clamped down on some time ago.

Anyway if the team is succesful and the tickets priced right (too expensive right now for a family IMO) then I'm sure the stadium will be pretty full most weeks.

One other thing is that even with the new stand it still doesn't seem that easy to get tickets in a good position (towards centre and not too high) as the centre of the Cat stand seems to be permantly reserved (for corporates)?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.