Food prices at Welford Road?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

valerie

Food prices at Welford Road?

Post by valerie »

:smt013 i notice that at the munster game the prices of food has gone up by a considerable amount please keep the prices as they were last year, as it is a family club it is going to a cost a fortune this year. it would not be bad if they gave you a decent portion of food. :smt036 is this greed by the club.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Re: Food prices at Welford Road?

Post by Bill W »

valerie wrote::smt013 i notice that at the munster game the prices of food has gone up by a considerable amount please keep the prices as they were last year, as it is a family club it is going to a cost a fortune this year. it would not be bad if they gave you a decent portion of food. :smt036 is this greed by the club.
The food putlets are franchises I think. Not operated by the club.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Bring some apples with you.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Pete wrote:Bring some apples with you.
My doctor tells me I gotta eat lots of bananas!!!

:smt023
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

At our horsey events we have a barbecue and sell freshly cooked quarter pound burgers at £2, and hot dogs (proper Lincolnshire pork sausages) at £2, including fried onions if you want 'em.

We also sell tea & coffee at 50p.

There is plenty of profit in that, and in my opinion, charging more can only be justified if they are having to pay some horrendous rental charge for their spot.

And it IS possible that they are.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Kinoulton wrote:At our horsey events we have a barbecue and sell freshly cooked quarter pound burgers at £2, and hot dogs (proper Lincolnshire pork sausages) at £2, including fried onions if you want 'em.

We also sell tea & coffee at 50p.

There is plenty of profit in that, and in my opinion, charging more can only be justified if they are having to pay some horrendous rental charge for their spot.

And it IS possible that they are.

or pay staff?
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

I would not be surprised if Tigers had not put the rents or franchises up. The club clearly needs to get in as much money as possible....as does every club....
TheweEVIL
Tiger Cub

Post by TheweEVIL »

£3.50 for a burger that tastes of ....well ...NOWT and £3.10 for a pint of "P"
Sanwiches and tinnys for me
seaweed
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by seaweed »

Can't just moan about club/franchise prices.

One pub (not to far from the prison) has a normal menu and a match day menu - the match day one being twice the amount.

Result very few people now using it.

Nobody begrudges making a profit but charge fairly, attract the punters and make a bigger margin on the day.
To quote Ray Gravell - You've got to get your first tackle in early, even if it's late.

Owain Glyndŵr now he was a man of vision.
cooperman
Tiger Cub

Post by cooperman »

I THINK THE ANSWER IS "VOTE WITH YOUR FEET"IF YOU DON'T BUY ANYTHING I'M SURE THE PRICES WILL COME DOWN.....I MUST AGREE THE QUALITY OF FOOD OUTLETS AT WELFORD ROAD IS POOR AND OVERPRICED....COULD SOMETHING BE DONE I ASK!!!!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

As I usually sit in the Cat stand, I was moved to the Crumbie for the Munster game and the Chicken curry in the ABC bar was great. I would rather spend a little more and get something that tastes good than fork out 3.50 GBP for a burger that was cooked hours before and is devoid of flavour and moisture. The curry and rice was 5.50 GBP, had loads of chicken and, for me, was better value.
Always a Tiger
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

Yeah the curry in the ABC bar is good. Don't normally have anything to eat at the games, but due to the evening kick off for the Munster game thats what we had.
Were the prices up at the Munster game due to it being a BBQ and not the normal burger vans?

Oh and I was at a sporting event at the weekend where it cost over £5 for a chesse salad sandwhich. So maybe £3.50 for a burger is not that bad in comparison!!
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

bluntiger wrote:As I usually sit in the Cat stand, I was moved to the Crumbie for the Munster game and the Chicken curry in the ABC bar was great. I would rather spend a little more and get something that tastes good than fork out 3.50 GBP for a burger that was cooked hours before and is devoid of flavour and moisture. The curry and rice was 5.50 GBP, had loads of chicken and, for me, was better value.
They do a good chicken curry over the road at the 'Kwik-Bite' Cafe £3.00 good baguettes etc and there is always the chippy next door too. Stopped buying food in WR last season as prices went up and content went down - ripoff city!!
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

Ouside the ground there are plenty of good pubs serving excellent beer and reasonably priced food outlets . If the Club have increased the franchise rentals I suspect that fans will vote with their feet . Quality and value for money was poor last year .
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

BJ. wrote:Not to mention the large beer price increases in the Drogs now they have relocated. I know it's not their fault and they have no say in the matter but it still stinks!

Will just one exclamation mark suffice?
Won't be using the Drogs again - utter chaos at the Munster game, the girls from the Members Bar next door had to come in and give a hand. God knows what it will be like at a full-house home game?
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach