Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Moose
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: MAUGER OUT

Post by Moose »

Yup.

The linked thread is directly about contract renewal, whereas this one is about injury status.
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Re: Mauger to stay at WR?

Post by sam16111986 »

Offer Mauger a deal as a player/coach on a reduced salary and at the end of the season bring Ollie back from Montpellier as he only signed a two year deal and he would be an excellent option in the centres with him, Vesty, Twelvetrees, Hipkiss and Allen all offering something slightly different. With Mauger and O'Connor directing from the sidelines we would see some brilliant stuff and it would be all English and largely home grown talent in the midfield (give our pal Johnno a nice headache or two).
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Mauger looked very good almost as soon as Vesty was installed at 10!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Oh! Pete's back in town again.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

True!
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Pete wrote:Mauger looked very good almost as soon as Vesty was installed at 10!
Totally agree Pete. Remember though that this also coincided with Cockers taking up the reigns.

IMHO The end of season was a bit of a struggle for us without both Flood and Mauger. This left Vesty as the fulcrum of everything the backs did and the load could not be shared. These 3 were the key to getting our backs going and we can cope without 1, but losing 2 was a major problem.
I'm hoping that bringing Allen on board will help with this enormously (as well as Twelvetrees) as it means we have a bit more cover in the 10/12 area.
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: MAUGER OUT - Injured

Post by Daveyboy »

There exists, on this site, an antagonistic form of pedantry, the like of which I have yet to come across anywhere else.

Are posters not free to commence their own threads or must their worth be first assessed by the Old Guard ?

The self-importance really makes me smile.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

Cockrill interview on the Rugby hour Wednesday 2nd September 2009.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Daveyboy wrote:There exists, on this site, an antagonistic form of pedantry, the like of which I have yet to come across anywhere else.

Are posters not free to commence their own threads or must their worth be first assessed by the Old Guard ?

The self-importance really makes me smile.
Posters are free to start their own threads, but since we try to avoid several discussions on the same subject, the moderators tend to merge threads together now, rather than lock duplicates and provide a link to an ongoing discussion. it does sometimes mean posts appear out of time/date order but it means all discussions on one subject are generally kept in one thread. Most people know this and accept it as something designed to keep the forum tidier and easier for everyone to read.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
smith482
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by smith482 »

Mauger is class and after a slow start with us was very instrumental in our successes last season until injury struck. I think we should try to hang on to him but make sure it was subject to terms and conditions on the injury front
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

If I started a duplicate thread sorry as I know it can be annoying....
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Rizzo and the Mods :prayer: We are indebted to you.

It's the vigilante Pseudomods who make me smile. :smt001
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Mauger is a great talent and if his injury is fixable then re-signing is a no brainer. If, however, we are only likely to get occasional games out of him then we have to release him and free up some wages for additional cover. Mauger is not a Foden type player who can come in occasionally and score from 60 yards. He is better when he gets regular game time and he, and those around him, get on the same wavelength. When this happens he makes space and opportunities galore. If it doesn't look like he is going to be able to get the game time due to his back then we need to look else where.
fatprop
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fatprop »

back injuries take a lot of time to cure,if ever! if he can't get himself fully fit to play at least 75% of games then maybe we have to say thanks and good bye. :smt010 I too would look at bringing back Ollie, as at the moment we seem to be bringing back a few ex players.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

Ollie is a good player but if Tigers truly want to dominate Europe then, IF we do lose Mauger, we need to replace him with someone of a similar calibre. I know this is not easy but there are some exciting prospects about. It would be interesting if the unrest at Quins meant some of their players are looking for a clean start. Turner Hall would be a great prospect!