Watch this space

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

valerie

Watch this space

Post by valerie »

:smt026 so leicester city football could only get 6.000 plus for there first friendly home game .with a stadium that holds 32.000. let's just see how many we get for our friendly with munster with only three stands open. after all we are supposed to be the minority team in leicester. :smt034
Leghorn

Re: watch this space

Post by Leghorn »

Not that I'm interested in City or who they play in a warm-up match(who is it anyway?) we should however accept that if they were playing Liverpool or Chelsea (Munsters soccer equivelent) they would attract more than 6000 fans
zena beck

Post by zena beck »

Leghorn wrote:Not that I'm interested in City or who they play in a warm-up match(who is it anyway?) we should however accept that if they were playing Liverpool or Chelsea (Munsters soccer equivelent) they would attract more than 6000 fans
i agree with you liverpool would have got more at the city ground and when it come to it was only a friendly
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The City Ground (oh mist rolling in from the Trent, my desire, is always to be there, City Ground), has hosted two pre-season friendlies against Premier League opposition (well, Stoke and Birmingham) and the attendances were similarly woeful. About 6,000.

Evidence perhaps, that my fellow footbal fans are FINALLY starting to doubt the ceaseless hype that surrounds the football prem.

I am certain that the pre-season rugby games will be better supported and will provide better entertainment.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

valerie wrote:so leicester city football could only get 6.000 plus for there first friendly home game .with a stadium that holds 32.000. let's just see how many we get for our friendly with munster with only three stands open. after all we are supposed to be the minority team in leicester.
I doubt that I can be the only one who chooses not to define Tigers by how well they do compared to City. Does comparing pre-season attendances really have any relevance?
valerie

Post by valerie »

the reason that i put this on the forum is that there was a big sledging between leicester city fans and the tigers fans in the leicester mercury a few weeks ago ,if you do not live in leicester you would not have known about this :smt032
Leghorn wrote:Not that I'm interested in City or who they play in a warm-up match(who is it anyway?) we should however accept that if they were playing Liverpool or Chelsea (Munsters soccer equivelent) they would attract more than 6000 fans
DiscoStu

Post by DiscoStu »

I noticed that City only started with 11 players on Sunday. Won't their faces be red when the Tigers are able to field a glorious 15 for the forthcoming match with Munster?!

Proof indeed that I am completely bored tonight......
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

valerie wrote:the reason that i put this on the forum is that there was a big sledging between leicester city fans and the tigers fans in the leicester mercury a few weeks ago ,if you do not live in leicester you would not have known about this
The 'big sledging' was essentially one City fan writing complete nonsense, clearly motivated to get a reaction from angry-of-Welford-Road. As I recall, they succeeded.

Its difficult to know which party was the more foolish.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Re: Watch this space

Post by Gate »

Advantage Waffle. Quiet please.
valerie

Post by valerie »

:smt038 to me there was only one loser city fan :smt045
dailywaffle wrote:
valerie wrote:the reason that i put this on the forum is that there was a big sledging between leicester city fans and the tigers fans in the leicester mercury a few weeks ago ,if you do not live in leicester you would not have known about this
The 'big sledging' was essentially one City fan writing complete nonsense, clearly motivated to get a reaction from angry-of-Welford-Road. As I recall, they succeeded.

Its difficult to know which party was the more foolish.
Leghorn

Post by Leghorn »

valerie wrote:the reason that i put this on the forum is that there was a big sledging between leicester city fans and the tigers fans in the leicester mercury a few weeks ago ,if you do not live in leicester you would not have known about this :smt032

What if you live in Leicestershire but dont read The Mercury?
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

valerie wrote::smt026 so leicester city football could only get 6.000 plus for there first friendly home game .with a stadium that holds 32.000. let's just see how many we get for our friendly with munster with only three stands open. after all we are supposed to be the minority team in leicester. :smt034
Your on the same wavelength as me Val, keep up the rants!!!
We all know who you are aiming at :smt023
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I'm not a Leicester person, simply a lover of sport.

But as an outsider looking in, it is blindingly obvious that Leicester's fame comes entirely from its rugby club, which has provided lots of European glory and lots of famous international players.

Leicester City may be a fine club, but their exploits in Europe are minimal and their most famous internationals (like Shilton and Lineker) became England regulars only after they'd left for bigger clubs.

This is a no brainer.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
valerie

Post by valerie »

look at the web site :smt015
Leghorn wrote:
valerie wrote:the reason that i put this on the forum is that there was a big sledging between leicester city fans and the tigers fans in the leicester mercury a few weeks ago ,if you do not live in leicester you would not have known about this :smt032

What if you live in Leicestershire but dont read The Mercury?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

May I just point out that if this thread is going to become yet another football v rugby slanging match, it will be locked forthwith. We've had endless arguments over who thinks what is better and why, it doesn't achieve anything except creating bickering where there need not be any.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother