RoG - Is hanging too good for him?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

RoG - Is hanging too good for him?

Post by adamv6 »

Forgetting the fact the management made a criminal mistake in picking him, I ask, is there a rugby ground in the home nations he will be able to hold his head high in?

Again, proved he cannot tackle. The only time we saw Spies at his destructive worst was running on RoG, his powder puff tackle let SA score in the corner, and :censored: all he had to do was attempt to contend that ball in the air, but he couldn't even manage that.

I expect all the blah blah blah comments about one man cannot be responsible, but, tell me who else just cost the lions the chance to draw or even win that match?
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/
StevoIRL
Tiger Cub

Re: RoG - Is hanging too good for him?

Post by StevoIRL »

He deserves every single comment at him just like Monye and Vickers. He cost us 10 points today. If people defend him then it's double standards.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I haven't got time to whack out some ratings, I may do later, but RO'G will most likely be my first ever 0/10. He'll have nightmares over that performance.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Send him to COVENTRY....................oh no thats far too good for him. Did he not realise that the clock was running down and hit it to TOUCH.

WORLDS BIGGEST PLANK!!!!! :smt013

I hope he gets the bird all season at every ground. Thanks for ruining my summer RoG. :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
nottslad

Post by nottslad »

I do question as to why when The BOD & Roberts went off ELLIS was not put at centre?? he is bigger stronger and better tackler the ROG!! poor decision by the coaches. Saying that he should of put the last kick in touch and kept the series alive. Overall though the injuries killed us. Shalker should get 6 months for that gouging!!!
glass is half full
EustaceHPlimsoll
Tiger Cub

Post by EustaceHPlimsoll »

A bit over-the-top I think. Sure he had a nightmare 10 minutes or so, but you don't boo a player for that. He certainly confirmed his reputation as a defensive turnstile today, but let's not forget he's had some good games on the tour.

Didn't think Croft put in too good a performance today either...
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Feed him to some real Lions! Plonker.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Tiggersarewonderfulthings

Post by Tiggersarewonderfulthings »

Of course, we shouldn't hang him.

Let's build a bonfire instead.

Regardless of what else should have been done (red card/ play more rugby) he was bounced off for the Spies try, and conceded a moronic penalty when the draw (at least) was there.

For all those calling for his inclusion over Wellies, hang your heads in shame.

He was abysmal.
Richard Cockerill: Norm Hewitt had the right idea.....
bazzwick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by bazzwick »

I'm sorry but the thought of 'distasteful boo-ing' wherever he plays turns my stomach.

Reminds me of horrible fat ear-ring wearing West Ham supporters screaming at Beckham after the World Cup in France 1998.

Let football keep that type of behaviour . . . I for one would hate to hear such behaviour at WR or anywhere else.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

bazzwick wrote:I'm sorry but the thought of 'distasteful boo-ing' wherever he plays turns my stomach.

Reminds me of horrible fat ear-ring wearing West Ham supporters screaming at Beckham after the World Cup in France 1998.

Let football keep that type of behaviour . . . I for one would hate to hear such behaviour at WR or anywhere else.
It would be sarcastic comments directed at him, he knew what a moron he had been as soon as he'd done it!! So he knows what to expect from us all, he cost us the chance of drawing the series. I know all the welsh and scots will give him grief during the ML games as he messed up badly!!! :smt022 :smt022 :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Worst cameo ever?

nottslad wrote:I do question as to why when The BOD & Roberts went off ELLIS was not put at centre??
Jones' move from first five eighths to second five eighths shouldn't be a problem, and Tommy Bowe is more than adept at playing 13 since he has done it numerous times for the Ospreys. It was the right call by the management to bring on a fly half in that situation, but sadly all that was on the bench was someone who historically does 'out of character' things in big matches, such as the not-going-to-bother jumping-or-tackling tackle in the air.

Course he also did some well in character things like tackle like a turnstile.

I reiterate, worst cameo/sub ever?

He wasn't the only bad one in the second half, but he was pretty awful.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I'm not defending him, but I bet those of you who are calling for hanging et al have never ever done anything stupid or made a bad mistake in your lives, have you?

I for one will not be booing him or giving gestures at any time, that is just pure rudeness and bad manners.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

No, me either. Scathing remarks on a website he'll never read are good enough for me.

Useless plonker. :smt002
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

I said at kick off we should have had Hook on the bench rather than ROG :smt011 :smt011
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Rizzo wrote:I'm not defending him, but I bet those of you who are calling for hanging et al have never ever done anything stupid or made a bad mistake in your lives, have you?
I don't imagine that anyone is really calling for a public execution of the man. However, I do feel for the players who saw their tour collapse around him, and the supporters who have spent thousands on following their team. They deserved better.