Geordan's genius recognised in the Irish Times!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DesinVienna
Tiger Cub

Geordan's genius recognised in the Irish Times!

Post by DesinVienna »

Firstly, a huge thank you to the whole Tigers squad for the wonderful entertainment, drama and passion of recent weeks. During these difficult times it has been difficult to find something to smile about however as a Tigers and Geordan Murphy fan I have had difficulty in suppressing a constant grin.
It is great to see Geordan receiving the plaudits he deserves in the Irish press as the following link testifies. Gerry Thornley is one of Irelands most respected rugby journalists.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/spo ... 22086.html
RobGale

Re: Geordan's genius recognised in the Irish Times!

Post by RobGale »

Enjoyable read

Always good to see an article praising your team :)
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Thanks for that Des. It's sometimes seemed to me that some sections of the Irish press dislike Geordan for playing in England, so I'm glad to read a good word or two about him!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
crateman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by crateman »

Thanks Des, an enjoyable read. I particularly liked the idea of Healy, having had to deal with an hour of Castro, then facing Julian White as "light relief"!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

What a wonderfully researched and written article! Articulate, informed and unbiased, a lesson in journalism to English scribes.
Valhalla I am coming!
Talltiger

Post by Talltiger »

An interesting read.

Would just like to add my thoughts;

Geordan is a Tigers legend and even after this many seasons really looks like he wants to get out there and perform for the rest of the team and the fans.

I would also like to say that he is gentleman - he is superb with the fans after the games - signing autographs and doing photos and given his performances of late how he is not in the Lions squad is beyond me.

He continues to impress and against Bath he was awesome - I can't wait to see more of the same down at HQ this weekend! :smt045 :smt045
If only you were this tall....
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Talltiger wrote:An interesting read.

I would also like to say that he is gentleman - he is superb with the fans after the games - signing autographs and doing photos

I agree completely, we were near the tunnel last weekend and the time he spent post-match signing stuff, having photos taken, working his way down one barrier then crossing to the other side and working his way down there, then back to the first side again. The little lad near us was overjoyed as Geordan not only signed the programme for him but talked to him for a few minutes about the game and then ruffled his hair.

He's also very nice and quite funny when you bump into him at the supermarket... My neighbour said "Oh! Geordan Murphy!" and he grinned, looked round and said "Where?" :smt005
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I wonder how many times over the years that Geordan has hear from successive Ireland coaches ' You know Geordan, You would stand a better chance of selection if we could get to see you play more!'

I wonder? Yet he stayed loyal to Tigers - many didn't. Cullen and Jennings in recent years went back to improve their chances with the national side. Reddan has just done the same from Wasps.
Always a Tiger
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Great article.

Has it really been 12 years. Wow. Thanks Geordan. :smt038
Rugby Special... Is the Tigers!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Great article.

And to think that people at the Sun/Star/Mail/Express get paid to write endess and meaningless drivel about Drogba.

They should be made to read that article. It's called Sports Journalism.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

After a relatively high turnover in playing personnel last summer, which has seen a younger, more dynamic Leicester emerge over the course of the season, Meyer had been credited with installing much of the foundations for their current success.
:smt017
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="4071"][quote]After a relatively high turnover in playing personnel last summer, which has seen a younger, more dynamic Leicester emerge over the course of the season, Meyer had been credited with installing much of the foundations for their current success.[/quote]

:smt017[/quote]

I'll wager you would get the same acknowledgment from Cockers and the senior players. O.k we have had a change in style of play, as Matt O'Connor and some of the players have led the backs, but credit Meyer who worked to get the spirit and attitude of the squad right.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

HM doubters: see my earlier thread, "Geordan on Heyneke Meyer";

G gives a lot of credit to HM. :smt023
Valhalla I am coming!