..according to Yahoo sports

http://tinyurl.com/dxm9vq

...not good news at this end of the season
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Tuilagi cited

Post by tigerben »

not good news at all, Johne may well be a good replacement for him, but hamilton needs a rest!!! played in all but 1 game since he's arrived on the back of a full NZ season.

Banahan should be cited as well i'd have thort, no use of arms in his tackle on Geordan after he he gave an inside ball to Tuilagi and the replays not changed my mind

both challenges are viewable on the highlights form rugbydump.com
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God
Easty

Post by Easty »

and let me guess, Bannahan hasn't been for his "no arms" shoulder into Geordan.

I know its a blow, but it was 'off the ball' (although not as much as Will Greenwood was making out in his commentary) and it hadn't got a great amount of arm in it, but it was certainly no worse than Bannahans 'hit' on Geordan's neck with no arm at all.

Still, I guess I'm just being far too optimistic to see consistency or fairness from a citing official.
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Does anyone know when the citing panel next meet? I'm thinking next week as they're supposed to meet 2 weekly and JW was at the last.

If tigers ban AT for a week internally do you think that would be enough for the panel?

The tackle was without the ball but he can argue reasonably that he thought he was going to get it.

Also the tackle was perfect (other than not having the ball), it wasn't dangerous, he used his arms etc, just a big hit.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Was it worthy of a red card? If not, it wasn't worthy of a citing. But how many citings from this season in particular have been for matters warranting a red? Precious few, IMHO. The whole citing mess needs sorting out. If Alex gets more than a couple of weeks, it will be a travesty. If he gets a couple of weeks, it will still be out of order. He shouldn't have been cited at all. Nor should Banahan. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

How long into the game did the tackle take place? I have a recording of the game so would really like to have a look at it.

:smt023
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

This has also been discussed here.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/forum/vi ... 0&start=15

Consensus seems to be both might have been penalty offences but neither warranted a yellow or red card.

Whole disciplinaey procedure is a farce. IMHO
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

Tigerbeat wrote:How long into the game did the tackle take place? I have a recording of the game so would really like to have a look at it.

:smt023
both inside the last 12 mins or so if i remember rightly - the rugbydump.com highlights have them both in and they start their highlights from around 69 mins which is goerden first.
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God
willstarr
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by willstarr »

Certainly don't think this warranted a citing. From what I remember the ball was thrown over Abendanon to another player running onto the ball. Tuilagi committed himself to ensure Abendanon wasn't going anywhere, with the assumption he was going to get the ball. Assumption would be he was going to receive the ball, but whoever (can't remember who) made the pass probably saw Tuilagi running in and decided to miss him out.

Was worth a penalty, perhaps a yellow, but definitely not a citing!!
Minty

Post by Minty »

I have watched the incident many may times and each time you can see that he does not fully commit to the challenge as he see's the miss pass and simply stops and even pushes the player away in a casual shove, there was no malice and drive after the contact that we have seen from tackles like seru's in the past.

I think he's completely innocent and it's only greenwood's moaning on the tv that has seen him cited.

if the club give him x2 weeks so that he misses games that aren't as important (sarries, bristol) does it admit fault and risk being found guilty by the citing committee, or would it do what we need it to ?????
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Key thing is what is the citing for? You can't, as far as I know, cite for a late tackle, only for foul play, and Tuilagi's tackle was not foul play, even if Abendanon was hurt in the process.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

If the club ban him de facto he pleads guilty which reduces the tarriff imposed by the disciplinary committee - it also means the tarriff starts from when we banned him not the date of the hearing.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Haven't players been cited for dangerous tackles.

What was Harry cited for when he met Dan Carter?
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I never did think that Tuilagi or Rambeni were very good at legal tackling.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Ads677 wrote:Key thing is what is the citing for? You can't, as far as I know, cite for a late tackle, only for foul play, and Tuilagi's tackle was not foul play, even if Abendanon was hurt in the process.
http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/5019_12534.php

Player did not have ball. That is foul play.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007