Feel proud

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Oadbywonder

Feel proud

Post by Oadbywonder »

I give you the MOTM and the future England captain Tom Croft
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Feel proud

Post by Darc Tiger »

Oadbywonder wrote:I give you the MOTM and the future England captain Tom Croft
Maybe in time. Needs to really stand out as a leader on the field tho. Start to show more Johnson-esque inspiration.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Well played to him and all the players,no one had a mare though a few still need to work on their skills.Sheriden and Vickery did not scrummage well,Haskell offered nothing when he came on and the management need to stop these wholesale replacements as the game loses it's shape and no one benfits from it ,apart from the oppostition.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Great game from Croft, he was everywhere and his lineout was impecable! Thoroughly deserved MOTM.
Always a Tiger
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

I thought that at the time Tigerburnie; they were changes for changes sake.

Croft played pretty well. Not sure he is captain material though. Maybe he'll grow into that mould?
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

I wonder whether England will try and mould him into an ultra- dynamic lock forward?

I am not suggesting that they do but I'll bet it's crossed Johnno's mind.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Just pulled this from 606:

"England's worst spell of the game came when Haskell replaced Shaw, and Croft was moved to lock. The quick ball dried up, England started giving away penalties and gave up two tries.

Kennedy then came on, Croft moved back into the the back row, and England started winning ball again. Coincidence?"
SkippyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SkippyTiger »

Darc Tiger wrote: "England's worst spell of the game came when Haskell replaced Shaw,
Shaw didn't play that well with his silly out of the back of the hand offloads, but Haskell for me just doesn't cut it at this level and is hugely over-hyped and just lazy, doesn't like getting his shirt dirty.
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Daveyboy wrote:I wonder whether England will try and mould him into an ultra- dynamic lock forward?

I am not suggesting that they do but I'll bet it's crossed Johnno's mind.
I'd prefer him to take The Sunday Times' Stephen Jones suggestion of making Haskell the starting 8, allowing both he and Croft to be accommodated in the back row, and a "genuine" lock.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

bluntiger wrote:Great game from Croft, he was everywhere and his lineout was impecable! Thoroughly deserved MOTM.
Whilst Croft was good, I think Borthwick and Flutey can both feel proud of the performances they both had.

Monye must have been wondering what he needed to do to score - he was the next man in the line for 3 out of the 5 tries, and he gasses round people easily
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
Daveyboy wrote:I'd prefer him to take The Sunday Times' Stephen Jones suggestion of making Haskell the starting 8, allowing both he and Croft to be accommodated in the back row, and a "genuine" lock.

Lot of work to make Haskell an international quality 8. Earlier on in the season he rather floundered in that role. Given time it may be where he ends up, but right now he is a straight up 6.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".