Dupuy To Leave Tigers?!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Iain D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Dupuy To Leave Tigers?!

Post by Iain D »

I don't know if anyone has posted this already, but I didn't see it in the list.

This article was posted on Planet Rugby:

http://www.planetrugby.com/Story/0,1825 ... 81,00.html
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Re: Dupuy To Leave Tigers?!

Post by mightymouse »

That is seriously bad news - however one assumes he has another year on his contract - and that will give a bit more time for Ben Youngs to develop- who is going to be a fine player - let's hope he takes up place kicking also!
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

I agree, this would be a great shame. I know we have Youngs waiting in the wings, but Julien has been great lately, especially with his kicking.It seems the more he plays, the better he gets.

The quote in the Mercury isn't clear - he has one more season on his contract, but not sure if he's looking to leave at the end of this season as his family is unhappy.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

MurphysLaw wrote:I agree, this would be a great shame. I know we have Youngs waiting in the wings, but Julien has been great lately, especially with his kicking. It seems the more he plays, the better he gets.

The quote in the Mercury isn't clear - he has one more season on his contract, but not sure if he's looking to leave at the end of this season as his family is unhappy.

I echo MurphysLaw and agree that Dupuy is clearly a class act and would be difficult to replace

:smt026 :smt026
Philip J Gray
Oadbywonder

Post by Oadbywonder »

Is some one not telling me something ?? as Harry Ellis left ??
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Oadbywonder"]Is some one not telling me something ?? as Harry Ellis left ??[/quote]

No he hasn't, thank goodness. But how many times have you seen him in a Tigers shirt lately?
Oadbywonder

Post by Oadbywonder »

MurphysLaw wrote:
Oadbywonder wrote:Is some one not telling me something ?? as Harry Ellis left ??
No he hasn't, thank goodness. But how many times have you seen him in a Tigers shirt lately?
Do beleive hes been wearing an England shirt on the bench
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Plus if we are to continue playing Vesty at 10, we'll need a proven goal kicker. If Dupuy is better than Vesty, then Ellis may be hard pressed to find a way back into the team, for the rest of the season at least.

I'm more than happy with our scrum half contingent at present and would obviously like to keep all 3 happy.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Oadbywonder"][quote="MurphysLaw"][quote="Oadbywonder"]Is some one not telling me something ?? as Harry Ellis left ??[/quote]

No he hasn't, thank goodness. But how many times have you seen him in a Tigers shirt lately?[/quote]
Do beleive hes been wearing an England shirt on the bench[/quote]

Actually, he's been wearing an England shirt on the pitch, mostly.
When he hasn't been doing that he has been banned, or injured.
That is exactly why we need a quality squad, with depth, and Dupuy has been a great addition to the team. Read the report and you will see how much he is rated by Cockers.
Iain D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Iain D »

Oadbywonder wrote: Do beleive hes been wearing an England shirt on the bench
Not too sure that I agree that he's been warming the bench. 3 starts from 3 6N games seem to imply that he's the current England #1. I know that Care was injured for the first couple, but I suspect that Harry has done enough in those games to steal the shirt back. Plus.. he's one of the few abrasive English players not to have been yellow carded in the last 3 games!

I agree with the point that Dupuy is probably our first choice SH at the moment, although his kicking only adds to this opinion and isn't the entire basis for it. (By that I mean that he's a great SH and would be my first choice right now even if he didn't kick points).

As for whether he'll stay and the length of his contract.... it's pretty hard to keep a guy here if he doesn't want to be here - contract or no contract. If his family is not settling in well then he'd have to be a very single minded person to force them to put up with it. We could end up in the same situation as Sale were with Seebass... I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
icemanburt

Post by icemanburt »

...and the way that Dupuy is playing, I would put him in the starting 15 and have Harry on the bench as cover
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

Oadbywonder wrote:
MurphysLaw wrote:
Oadbywonder wrote:Is some one not telling me something ?? as Harry Ellis left ??
Do beleive hes been wearing an England shirt on the bench
On the bench? I thought he started the last 3?
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Dupuy " I feel good here" but I may have to leave for family reasons. His quote from the Merc. Dupuy has a year left on his contract and if he does leave then the club would expect a hefty transfer fee. Also quoted in the Mercury today.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Ellis is getting better and better almost at his best.
Dupuy is getting better and better.

At the same time the best fly-half we've got at the moment isn't the best kicker, and the best kicker we have then is Dupuy.

Mouthwatering selection problems.

As I've said, I prefer playing lads from the academy rather then signing guys from abroad, unless that is they prove to be Leicester through and through.

Dupuy, is getting there. Unfortunatly, if he wants to go, it wouldn't be fair to get in the way. Fortunatly, there are times when Youngs has come on and played far better then Dupuy.

Conclusion. Yes it would be sad to see an in-form player go. The good news is that Ben Youngs will get more of a look in!
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100