'Save the Vest'

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tyler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: 'Save the Vest'

Post by Tyler »

Did you know he had acquired the nickname of STRINGYfrom the locals down the SHED! But I digress, yes he should be kept as he does play with his head up and displays a very quick brain.I hope he gains more game time and continues to do his thing, (ps.God just give him an extra yard of pace that would then make him world class!) :prayer: :smt059 :smt023
The maul is back! JUSTICE !
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

I agree with all the threads, get the VEST signed up for years to come. As i have mentioned before Vesty is a true club man who plays for the love of the shirt and not just the pay check (thats a bonus to him). Its in his family blood and I wish more players showed his commitment to knuckle down and carry on when coaches dismiss his qualities. Well done Cockers you have found your gem for changing our style. Slick hands, sensible kicking and strong in defence.

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

When does his contract run-out?

I just hope the club don't mess with the Vest cuz the Vest knows best

Sorry :smt011
I saw Marika Vunibaka play
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

POSTIGER wrote:When does his contract run-out?

I just hope the club don't mess with the Vest cuz the Vest knows best

Sorry :smt011
The way other threads have mentioned it could be very soon, Bill seems to think Quins are keen on him!!!!!

There has been no mention of signing in the mercury or contract up. We need to keep club players.

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
usurp4
Tiger Cub

Post by usurp4 »

I completely agree with the comments made here. Vesty is one of the underrated, underused members of the sqaud. I like hime at 15 actually, not 10; he cuts great lines in attack.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

And I've just realised watching some Who videos tonight on YouTube that when he retires from playing Rugby he's a dead ringer to play Roger Daltry if they make a film about the Who. I believe he's already got some musical experience which will help.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

The way Vesty has revitalized our backs and mindset makes Flood, I'm afraid very much no 2. As for DH, he will be totally redundant in the grand scheme of things, unless of course there is an injury.But even then I personally am not convinced he has the ability to open up--or am I wrong?
Hot_Charlie
Super User
Super User

Post by Hot_Charlie »

Sam Vesty has proved on more than one occasion he is a very valuable squad member - was it not only a couple of seasons ago he had that excellent run at 15 (which IIRC was good enough to get him in the Saxons squad).

Solid player, the type of which the club would be daft to let go of. :smt001
gingertigers

Post by gingertigers »

I'm amazed (but pleased) by the recent acclaim to keep/play Sam the Man. He's never let us down whenever or wherever he has played. He epitomises the values that have served Tigers so well over the years - selfless commitment to the cause with no ego, unlike the Cipriani's of this world.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

I'm in :smt026 :smt023
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Following interest expressed by Quins latest info is that Sam may be off to France.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Nooo! We want him for good. Sort of a life Vesty.
Prof
Tiger Cub

Post by Prof »

I agree with all that is said about Sam Vesty, great Tiger! But if establishes himself as first choice No. 10 then we must also make sure Julien Dupuy stays. We need a front line kicker and he currently is the best we've got. If Ellis returns the kicking duties will fall on to Sam and as used to happen with Andy Goode his confidence will drop if his kicking goes awry.
Smokeonthewater
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Prof wrote:I agree with all that is said about Sam Vesty, great Tiger! But if establishes himself as first choice No. 10 then we must also make sure Julien Dupuy stays. We need a front line kicker and he currently is the best we've got. If Ellis returns the kicking duties will fall on to Sam and as used to happen with Andy Goode his confidence will drop if his kicking goes awry.
IMO Ellis is going to have to fight to get his 9 shirt back. Dupes has gone from strength to strength. The Telegragh says that he should be playing for France. We must keep him and Sam. If Hougaard does go to Sarries then Vesty and Flood will be the 10's in that order IMO. It would be great if they could sign young Millar as a future 10.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Bill W wrote:Following interest expressed by Quins latest info is that Sam may be off to France.
I heard this too and the club that I heard that he was going to was Brive! Can't they leave our Fly Halfs alone?

Save the Vest! I am in!
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill