OK, who's has the most snow?

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Re: OK, who's got the most snow?

Post by tigerburnie »

None in my bit of Scotland,though the hill roads are closed.Raining again!
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

The whole of Leicestershire and Leicester City according to the way all schools were shut, buses stopped running and roads not gritted.

Nottingham had no real snow to mention...............gutted as am teacher in Notts and wanted day off like all Leics teachers!!!!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Only 5 cars made it to our yard in the morning.

2 of them crashed on the way home though. These were the 2 being driven by blokes.

The 3 women what drove all got home safely.

Make of that what you will.

(No person got injured in the making of this post.)
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Re: OK, who's has the most snow?

Post by Rizzo »

I've just checked and there is currently six and a half inches of snow in my back garden and it's still snowing. Radio Leicester says it's expected to snow on and off all day. My boss is stuck at his home, I got as far as the A6 and encountered a 4 way shunt accident blocking the way so I've come home again to see if it improves. Daughter's school said they were not shutting but it was up to the parents to send child or not. Now they've said they will close at lunchtime anyway.

We are just not prepared for this in Britain, with H&S and litigation everywhere, and people not knowing how to drive in bad weather, it's a nightmare to try and keep normal life going.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

BJ. wrote:It's just about stopped snowing here in beautiful Belper and I've got a good 6-7" (ooh, matron!) I had no problem getting into work this morning although I did contemplate leaving the landing window open and hope for a humungous snowdrift across the door to the back bedroom, i.e. my office.
:smt005 My husband says unfortunately snow doesn't prevent him receiving work emails at home or having voice conference calls!

I may try again in a short while, although apparently Arrive buses have been suspended for the time being and there are only 3 people out of 18 in our office at work.
Demelza - another Mother
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Rizzo wrote: Arrive buses have been suspended for the time being
Oh the irony!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

We've got rain and all the snow has melted. I knew that French onion soup was a bad call.
CloClo
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by CloClo »

Just spent two weeks in Cambridge on work experience. Had to fig ourselves off the drive on Monday, but apparently we had nothing compared to home. Dad rang yesterday morning - he got half a mile from our house in Northampton and had to turn round. Even that's better than Thursday, when they couldn't get off the estate.

Funny thing is, I flew up to Edinburgh for the day on Thursday. The only snow I saw was a little bit on top of hills.
Come on TIGERS!!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Kinoulton wrote:
Rizzo wrote: Arrive buses have been suspended for the time being
Oh the irony!

Tee hee that was a typo - It's actually Arriva Buses. Or maybe it was a Freudian slip?
Demelza - another Mother
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Thursday/Friday here in Cheltenham was a nightmare ! About 2 inches overnight and left for work at 7.30am with the roads ok....10 minutes later....BANG..nightmare !! Got to work and couldn't see 3 feet in front of me due to the heavy snow !

3 hours of snow and it must have been near to 7 inches in total....and ice today..which is nice !
CloClo
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by CloClo »

Update from Northampton - a couple of inches melted yesterday, but there was at least three and a half left today and it was solid ice when we took the dog out at two.
It started snowing about forty minutes ago, and is getting heavier - another inch already covering the cars.
Our estates a nightmare because it's too small to be gritted, and even vans and 4x4 are getting stuck.

And the forecast is 10cm tonight, and 15cm on each of Monday and Tuesday.
Come on TIGERS!!!
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

But wow isn't it pretty. Went on a 5 mile training walk today out into the countryside. Drizzled the whole time but I had a smile on my face from start to finish. SO pretty, little icy grottos and foxes scuttling in front of me. Gushing rivers and big wodges of melting snow falling off the branches and belting me on the head. Brilliant.
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Just as I thought it was clearing, it started dumping it around 8.30 this evening. Worst of the week so far, but luckily it didn't last long.

No buses on Thursday was a bit of a so-and-so - got the last bus out of town to work, only to field calls and e-mails from the numerous others who left 15 minutes later than me & couldn't get in.
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

The River Hull is frozen at the edges.

This gives tiny Jackie (mini Jack Russell) an opportunity to walk on water.

All very invigorating and all that, but my tabs are cold.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Indeed I did.

The breadknife recently had a riding holiday on a ranch at very high altitude in Wyoming.

She came back with some cowboy hats, one for each male member of the family.

I have to say that these cowboy titfers do more than just make Clint Eastwood look good. They are reet good for keeping your Uncle Fred warm in bitterly cold weather.

However, like a prat, I went out without mine and suffered grievously cold tabs.

That'll learn me.