Benetton Treviso v Leicester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Probably the strongest team he could put out but I am a bit concerned about that that some playes could end up injured or burnt out and I would have thought that this would have been a good chance to give the likes of Varndell, Vesty, Blaze, Chuter, Deacon, Bonorino a start.

Not very keen on putting out a weaker (on paper) team for the EDF as I really would like us to qualify for that so that at least one Semi is in the bag for next year.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

Im happy with this team because we cant take them lightly and we need every point we can get in this group. Hopefully we can get the win and maybe a bonus point. The heineken cup should take priority over the EDF in my eyes, so we can rest players next week if we need too.
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

Tigers must get a bonus point today - failure and/if Ospreys beat Perp it would likely mean we will have to beat Ospreys away and whilst possible i wouldn't put my house on it.
soggytiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by soggytiger »

Start with full strength and then start to put subs on if the game is going well. EDF reverse philosophy, start with the b team and then bulk up from the bench if needed. Though any b team containing the likes of Liefling, Dupuy, Stanks, Tom V Alex T, Seru, Mefin, Erinle, Bonorino, with some impressive youngsters stepping up again will not be a bad thing as Bath found out :smt002
Angelo
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Angelo »

Benetton is actually the top italian club. Miles away from Premiership and Tigers level, tough, i have to be honest.
But my team did well at Perpignan, and at least i'm expecting a good performance, for the first half, at least.
IMO, Tigers will get the bonus point,at last
bwightman
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by bwightman »

I don't think (though I hope) that we'll run away with it quite as easily as once we would have.

It's nothing to do with Tigers being poorer than before, but because Treviso are so much better!

Fraser Waters has made a big impact. His defensive organisation - so critical to Wasps' rush defence of recent years - should close down the gaping holes that have been a characteristic of Italian sides.

Expect it to be close today, especially as Tigers haven't been able to shut out games in the first 7 matches of this season.