Where is the French scrum half??

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Where is the French scrum half??

Post by GT1 »

Have we signed Dupay or not? If not will we make do or sign someone else(it`s getting late for signings now)
Maybe another SA could be found!
Keep standing areas in the new stadium!!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

surely we now need a back up for Harry Ellis with the centres and 10 we now have!
:smt017
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

Where is the French scrum half?

May I hazard a guess at FRANCE
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

Maybe look at Hougaard for No.9
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Why would we look at an international fly half at SH when we are just as short of players at 10?!?
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

Francois Hougaard (sorry i had to see how long before some one took a bite)
Young, very much like Harry

http://www.thebulls.co.za/profiles.aspx?Id=307
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

You would have thought it would be made more clear.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Agree, TTRITH. I completely missed the notification of this one!

Good signing on the face of it. If he can kick goals that solves a minor problem we've had with a lack of genuine goal kickers - now we have a handful!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

[quote="k1"]Agree, TTRITH. I completely missed the notification of this one!

You didn't miss it as it has only just gone up!

Don't trust the time on the news story as that webpage wasn't made live until 10:09am today!
tigerfeet13
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerfeet13 »

tigerfeet13 wrote:Where is the French scrum half?

OK so not in France. In Leicester. with TIGERS

Very pleased another good signing, and although many on these boards think we need another winger I would suggest that our summer business is just about done.
Lea
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lea »

tigerfeet13 wrote:
tigerfeet13 wrote:Where is the French scrum half?

OK so not in France. In Leicester. with TIGERS

Very pleased another good signing, and although many on these boards think we need another winger I would suggest that our summer business is just about done.
I would feel better if we did havea bit more depth at scrum half given the problems that we had last season with Bemand out and Ellis out for a majority of the year.

I also need to see some activity on the coaching side...its great having quality players but I would love to see some quality coaching going on as well.

Attacking coach and defensive coach is or has to be our priority...surely?
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Confirmation at last!
Why do Tigers seem to string things out? I don't know about anyone else, but the feeling of excitement generated by signing a good player is muted slightly by a sense of relief that he has actually signed after all.

Anyway that aside,he sounds as if he will provide good competition for Hazza and Ben, and, no offence to them, but hopefully a notch up in quality compared to Frank Murphy and Laussauc.

Lea - I agree about the coaches, (and don't forget replacements for Jamie Hamilton, and Scott Benton). It was reported that H Meyer was sorting this out, and that there would be further appointments soon.Hopefully, we'll hear something this week?
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Maybe, just maybe, despite all the reports linking him to us a deal was only just finalised??

This seems to be another favourite "silly season" moan, about Tigers not commenting on every piece of speculation in an official manner.

I assume this will pass soon as people start to panic about the delivery of their season tickets...
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

Iain - it might be a "silly season" moan, but maybe it wouldn't be commented on if the same thing has happened so often this close season - Newby, Flood, Woods, and Dupuy were all announced departures from their previous clubs long before Tigers officially announced their signing. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Contrast this with Hougaard - where Tigers were relatively sharp.

Also, interesting how when reading this thread about Dupuy, you are moved to whinge about the whingers, and yet make no comment on his signing?
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Flood & Woods were announced as departures from their old club as they were released by Newcastle. The Tigers paperwork wasn't finalised at that same time.

Newby's departure was announced only hours before Tigers confirmed it (just like Hougaard's signing). It certainly wasn't announced "long before" Tigers confirmed it!

As for Dupuy, when did Biarritz actually officially confirm he had left the club?

Media rumour/speculation/"exclusives" that a player has signed are very different to the ink actually being dry on a contract & the club being able to confirm officially that the signing is complete.

The former can happen months before the latter & don't forget that we only remember & cite the rumours that ultimately turn out to be true!

For example, do you remember the media "exclusive" that JMH had signed for us & the one that Nick Evans had also done likewise?

The club didn't confirm these "signings" when the media revealed them because ultimately they hadn't signed for us!

To put it simply, rumours often occur long before anything is official & the club do not comment on rumours. They only confirm signings when everything is 100% guaranteed and that takes time!