Just read about the "England Four"

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Lammy

Just read about the "England Four"

Post by Lammy »

Is it acceptable to paste the link on here to name the four yet?
Bad Wolf

Post by Bad Wolf »

I see no harm in it if you do not name them yourself. After all, you are not forcing anyone to follow the link.
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

link removed
fallingwithstyle

Post by fallingwithstyle »

The original eurosport report mentioned a fifth name. Does that mean they got it wrong? If they did I imagine he can cane eurosport/yahoo for a hell of a lot of money.
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

Maybe others were cleared quicker than these
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

This "cleared" thing worries me. As there was no complaint is there anything to be cleared of?

That said the players in question have been naive, even stupid IMHO and as role models for the sport let themselves down badly. I would suggest as mentioned on other thread that Mr Johnson should tear them another ar**hole and personally I wouldn't want to be in the same county as him when he does it.

As for the tour management they can't claim naivety and need a proper kicking IMHO
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

It is a shame that these young men have brought English Rugby into disrepute. They are representing their country on and off the field. To excuse their conduct by using the old "boys will be boys" belittles these men. They are not boys. They do know better.

However, it's probably only as bad as playing rugby along a Scottish street with the Calcutta Cup. Or being "tricked" into buying illegal substances.

Let's hope that future team selection isn't influenced by this incident.
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

Sidestepping the argument of whether any "wrongdoing" has taken place (have to wait for inquiries to be completed before we know for sure, although no complaint made???), the question has to be asked... why on earth were players allowed to go out in this manner after losing the opening test match?

Poor management. Simple as that. If they'd won the first test, fair enough. Go out and have a great time. But it shows a lack of respect for the England jersey to go and do that after losing. McGeechan says of Johnson: "He knows how to relax. But relax in the right way". This is what RAndrew was there to do.

I'm not suggesting for a second that players shouldn't relax and take their minds off the game after losing - but there must be better ways of doing it.

RAndrew needs to take some responsibility for this. Yes, players are grown men and should know how to act. But as tour manager he should know the whereabouts of all players at all times, and should have stopped this happening well before the event.

Will he take any responsibility? Of course not. Read his comments from the last few days. The man is a joke, what purpose does he serve for English rugby? Anyway, rant over. Isn't it a lovely day?!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Does this explain Strettle's "strain", which put him out of the second match?
Valhalla I am coming!
dg78

Post by dg78 »

Deano did say: -

“Harlequins is a great family club, I was at Leicester for a long, long time and they have lost that sense of belonging.”
"I think that Harlequins have a greater sense of belonging, a great affinity with their fans base than most clubs.”

Maybe they were just sharing with their family!!!
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Can we just remind you that any threads naming of names or inferring to certain players will be editted or removed.

The British media do look for a story and until it is confirmed by a reliable authority, posts will continue to be editted.
It is still an ongoing investigation and the Club are erring of the side of caution.

We have no way of knowing if these players named are the players involved and the website would be open to any legal action.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Tadcaster Tiger

Post by Tadcaster Tiger »

Of the 4 named in the Sun, only 2 are the same as named on Eurosport / Yahoo yesterday. Given that these news outlets can't agree on the names, what else can be believed?
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I really do not care and it's no use taking on the moderators, that's too much like a David and Goliath situation, but lets at least ensure that it does not all go topsy turvey and we end up the brown stuff.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

England after their first test drubbing - out on the lash.

Wales after their first test drubbing - no alcohol (team orders) and the squad arrive early (7:30 am) next day to start preparing for the build up to the second test.

Do I care about the four (heavily trailed) names? No.

Do I feel badly let down by an England squad representing their sport and country? Yes.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

dailywaffle wrote:England after their first test drubbing - out on the lash.

Wales after their first test drubbing - no alcohol (team orders) and the squad arrive early (7:30 am) next day to start preparing for the build up to the second test.

Do I care about the four (heavily trailed) names? No.

Do I feel badly let down by an England squad representing their sport and country? Yes.
The four are widely reported to be eight and are likely nine and could be more.

To these must be added the management who allowed and maybe even condoned it.

That is a very significant part of the squad who have as daily says let down badly their country, their sport their colleagues and the fans as well as themselves.

Words of remorse and regret would have been nice!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007