"I'm ready for the Leicester job"

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bandido58

Post by bandido58 »

Tiger Jack; I too would bleed for this club that I love but wouldn't suggest for one minute that I should be head coach. I would never doubt Neil or cockers' comittment to the cause, but what we need is the man, or men (or women for that matter!)that will bring us what we all crave, namely success and attractive rugby. That should be the only criteria, my gut feeling is that what we saw last season precludes Neil and cockers from being the right men.
once a tiger always a tiger
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Tigerjack, if Back loved the club he would have backed ML. Back was overlooked last time, and should be this. He has done little to give confidence in his coaching ability this season.
Valhalla I am coming!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

fleabane wrote:Tigerjack, if Back loved the club he would have backed ML. Back was overlooked last time, and should be this. He has done little to give confidence in his coaching ability this season.
I honestly don't understand that statement.

Whether you think he behaved correctly is a matter that has been flogged to death on this forum, but to suggest that Back doesn't love the club is clearly incorrect.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

"Greater love hath no man than this ....."

Whilst he undoubtedly loves the club maybe he loves his own career more?
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Bill W wrote:"Greater love hath no man than this ....."

Whilst he undoubtedly loves the club maybe he loves his own career more?
Maybe. Maybe both are equally important to him. Or maybe he's just desperate to see the club that he's been an integral part of, that helped him to become one of the best players in the world, do well.

Who knows. But anyone who suggests that Back is not as committed as anyone to seeing Tigers succeed is barking up the wrong tree.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

dailywaffle wrote:Who knows. But anyone who suggests that Back is not as committed as anyone to seeing Tigers succeed is barking up the wrong tree.
Comparatives are difficult.

But I would not question the quality of his commitment. I might question his methods and his motives, however.

But, lest there be any misunderstandings, should he be appointed he will have my support - but I shall expect and demand much.

And btw, the day before the 2003 World Cup Final his daughter travelled from Sydney Harbour to our Hotel sitting on my shoulders.

He was, IMHO, a wonderfully talented player. He may yet become a world class coach. I have my doubts that he yet is. In this I stand with Pete. He should,IMHO, go elsewhere to broaden his experience.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Bill, I have never shied away from the fact that Back (like all of the candidates) fails to tick all the boxes.

My contribution to this increasingly (IMO) turgid debate was only intended to put right any misconceptions over Back's commitment to the club.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

And I share you desire to quell those misconceptions daily.

I worry that those charged with selecting the next coach, having fired the previous incumbent, place the correct weighting on the unticked boxes.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007