A demonstration of our disgust - Saturday 14th June 3PM

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

CharlesStuart
Top Cat
Top Cat

You are right

Post by CharlesStuart »

Phil you are right, I had forgotten my own words, we should look forward and try to overcome all this mess, but someone has to clarify what happened, will be the only way to put and end to this debate and Marcelo deserves it. :smt023
When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
Felicity Arkwright
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Felicity Arkwright »

don't stop posting Charles Stuart because you've got as much right as anyone to put your thoughts here and more power to you for doing that. I hope we will get an explanation before too long when the mayhem has died down a bit.
Standing at the door of the Pink Flamingo crying in the rain.....

That's Fliss :yawinkle:
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Yes at least carry on long enough to get a decent picture.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
CharlesStuart
Top Cat
Top Cat

Truth fears nothing but to be hide

Post by CharlesStuart »

Felicity Arkwright wrote:don't stop posting Charles Stuart because you've got as much right as anyone to put your thoughts here and more power to you for doing that. I hope we will get an explanation before too long when the mayhem has died down a bit.
Felicity I will not stop posting in this forum, for me to defend any cause honest and rightful is my duty, I am a PhD in International Law and History, when I had started my studies at a young age, I had always said to myself, I will fight to honour truth and real justice above all. This case should be seen as something that should never happen again, but what worry me the most, is that such lack of fairness will go on with any consequence for those who had acted in a way, which had harmed not only the club but the sense of justice and equity as well. Nothing should be hidden behind scenes; everybody has a legitimate right to know. This right has been consecrated in many international treaties, which are law of the land in the UK after being passed by the British Parliament. But first I would like to know why ML did not explain his own view point, considering that he has been under attack in many papers, most quoting sources from the own club, like was the case of The Daily Telegraph, The Guardian, The Times amongst others, but not only in the UK in many other cities around the world they had repeated the same arguments, which were quite appalling regarding Marcelo Loffreda’s situation. Disgracefully the only truth we know is that we cannot change what has been done up to now, but at least we should try to know what the Romans said “Veritas nihil veretur nisi abscondi”, which means Truth fears nothing but to be hide. Disgracefully is what is happening with Loffreda’s case. :smt023
When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Truth fears nothing but to be hide

Post by Daveyboy »

CharlesStuart wrote:But first I would like to know why ML did not explain his own view point...

I think "legal reasons" might be cited...rightly or wrongly.
CharlesStuart
Top Cat
Top Cat

CONTRACTS AND PUBLIC LAW

Post by CharlesStuart »

Contracts are not above the law, contractual clauses can be challenged, in most countries, including Common Law countries like England, if those contracts are in open opposition with the Law of the Land, they cannot prevail over the law, if so they are unlawful. I had commented the case with a well-known English lawyer (former Bank of England) and he told me that if the contract contains clauses, which are unlawful or may be challenged in a court of justice, always the law comes first never a contract. More specifically if the law is originated in Public Order or an International Treaty, which maybe the current case, according to my own opinion an experience as a lawyer expert in International Law and English law. But I imagine if ML is not so naïf he may had consulted with a good attorney in London, I know that a few names were suggested to him, but what I don’t know is his reaction. Maybe he is so fed up that he wants to leave England and come back home in Argentina with his whole family. :smt017
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Re: CONTRACTS AND PUBLIC LAW

Post by TigerCam »

CharlesStuart wrote:Contracts are not above the law, contractual clauses can be challenged, in most countries, including Common Law countries like England, if those contracts are in open opposition with the Law of the Land, they cannot prevail over the law, if so they are unlawful. I had commented the case with a well-known English lawyer (former Bank of England) and he told me that if the contract contains clauses, which are unlawful or may be challenged in a court of justice, always the law comes first never a contract. More specifically if the law is originated in Public Order or an International Treaty, which maybe the current case, according to my own opinion an experience as a lawyer expert in International Law and English law. But I imagine if ML is not so naïf he may had consulted with a good attorney in London, I know that a few names were suggested to him, but what I don’t know is his reaction. Maybe he is so fed up that he wants to leave England and come back home in Argentina with his whole family. :smt017
If he signed a gag order as part of his parting from Tigers then he won't be saying anything, which of course is annoying to the Tigers supporters but business is business
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

TigerCam wrote:If he signed a gag order as part of his parting from Tigers then he won't be saying anything, which of course is annoying to the Tigers supporters but business is business
Marcelo Loffreda wrote:(From the Mercury) I am in discussions with my legal advisers at present and they, in turn, are communicating with the club's solicitors.

"In these circumstances, it is not appropriate for me to say anything further at this stage regarding the dismissal or matters leading up to it."
I'd like to think that this may stop the calls for the immediate and full disclosure that some of the board's fiercest critics have called for.
chandler262827
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chandler262827 »

Peter Wheeler:
"Once we have gone through the whole process, we need to give our players and shareholders a full explanation.

"Marcelo has had one. Until that process is complete, it's not helpful to that process to be talking openly about the reasons why the board took the decision.

"But I think we have to give an explanation at some point. We are responsible to the shareholders and supporters."
http://tinyurl.com/4kkett
---------
I'm not completely worthless, I can be used as a bad example.

Tom
Nic

DEMO

Post by Nic »

No chance of a change, probably done the right thing in the circunstances by sacking ML.
What I would like to know is why they appointed him in the first place without his team of coaches and how much it has cost to remove him?
I don't feel strongly enough about the decision to demo,but it was hard on a "nice bloke" but it is a professional game,so what do you want more of the same next year?
bradge
Tiger Cub

Post by bradge »

It’s fairly simple really. The Board believed they had found the perfect man for the job. However, from very early on they would have been aware of serious misgivings among the playing and coaching staff about the direction ML wanted to take the team and about his ability to coach and get the best out of a top professional club team. At the end of the season they had a decision to make; do we persevere with ML and hope that things will improve, or do we admit our mistake and start anew? The Board would not have made this decision lightly, especially when it reflected so badly on themselves - (their original mistake in choosing ML and their seemingly cold-hearted dismissal of a nice gentleman). They would certainly have spoken long and hard to all the relevant people within the club, including the senior players. Having weighed up all the evidence they made their decision for the greater good of Leicester Tigers. I think it was a brave decision.

Of course I feel genuinely sorry for a man who loses such a high profile job in such public circumstance. But ML has a professional career to fall back on, if he wishes. His status as a national legend in Argentina is set in stone, and his dismissal will reflect badly more on Leicester Tigers than on himself. So he comes out of this with his dignity perfectly intact, his reputation fairly intact, and, I presume, a sizeable bank balance.

I can understand why there is so much wailing and gnashing of teeth for ML, but it confounds and amazes me that the same people can regularly be so cold hearted in their treatment and abuse of loyal players on these threads. Save a thought now and then for the players who can find themselves in the space of a week going from the first team to Siberia on the whim of the coach. We react like the chorus of a Greek tragedy when the noble ML loses his job, we often react like particularly vile and gutter-sniping characters from Eastenders when calling for some of our noble players to be shown the door.

I suppose,as many people have said, such is life in the world of professional sport.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I have not joined in this thread before but wish to answer the last point - the "wailing and gnashing of teeth" is about uprooting a man and his family (including children I understand ) and after much coaxing drag him half way across the world to settle in a new country and give him a 2 and half year contract to build a new team.
The season has no doubt ended in failure ( this is relative because many clubs would be happy with 2 finals - rightly we are not)
- To me one of the biggest issues during this it has emerged is disloyalty from both his lieutenants and his foot soldiers. It is no wonder he is shocked at his dismissal - if I were he I would have been looking for support from my superiors to remove the unruly elements in the ranks - that is what happens in most "professions" - especially those who bad mouth boss in "secret" but to the not so "secret" media friends

They have and even openly critisising the team on Television - not that the are playing rubbish - everyone could see that but that they had no chance of winning - well with his attitude undermining from within like some sort of cancerous malevolant tumour it is hardly surprising.

The annoyance with the board is they sacked the wrong bloke - look to the team under him and the players who fail to do basics - tackling, kicking, passing, catching - that is not the fault of the Head Coach!!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Mightymouse - power to your elbow!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Iain wrote:If you want to do this do it properly. You realise if you are a shareholder (many season ticket holders are from the original issue) and have concerns over the way the club is being run you can, with enough support from other shareholders, call for an EGM to answer your questions.

The ONLY reason I would do this is to ask for the reasons behind it. Not to go in all guns blazing over things that actually we don't know about.

Sweet bejaysus, have I really got to post this again for someone to pay attention?? You have the right to ask questions and register your disgust if you so want. And here it is.

Yet some people would prefer a witchhunt instead.

Do.

It.

Properly.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

A witch hunt would be much more fun - and equally unrewarding!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007