If he does go, who do you want tom replace him?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

If he does go, who do you want tom replace him?

Post by Smudge »

Just hypothosising (and of course he may yet stay) but who would you like to see here if he does go?
Who would you like to come if we could get him? Dose anyone know if Jake White is still available.Do we want to make NB or Cockers chief coach? A bit previous I know but for the sake of discussion?
A life long Tiger
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Easy

Post by smalldell »

Someone who can do what Pat Howard, John Wells and of course Marcelo failed to do.......

Win everything in their first season....

This is totally nuts and I am sick of it........

Like I have said before if Loffreda cannot deliver next season then fair enough, but he should at least be given the opportunity..............
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Re: If he does go, who do you want tom replace him?

Post by Chobbsy »

Smudge wrote:Just hypothosising (and of course he may yet stay) but who would you like to see here if he does go?
Who would you like to come if we could get him? Dose anyone know if Jake White is still available.Do we want to make NB or Cockers chief coach? A bit previous I know but for the sake of discussion?
The rumour I heard was that Cockers is at the heart of the matter, it is him who has issues with players and vice versa
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Oadbywonder

Re: Easy

Post by Oadbywonder »

smalldell wrote:Someone who can do what Pat Howard, John Wells and of course Marcelo failed to do.......

Win everything in their first season....

This is totally nuts and I am sick of it........

Like I have said before if Loffreda cannot deliver next season then fair enough, but he should at least be given the opportunity..............
Good god are you totally blind?? hes taken us back 3years in playing style
and his team selction as to say the least as been :censored:
It's better to keep your mouth shut and give the impression that you're stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.
Tammy Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Tammy Tiger »

In my humble opinion the board should hang it's head in shame for not giving this honourable man the support he deserves.
As Sir Clive Woodward is said to be heavily involved in the end of season review he above anyone else should know that it takes time to rebuild a team. This is what Marcelo has got to do, much as I love the Tigers we have become too predictable and there are players who may be good premiership players but are not world class. It is clear that he is starting to move out these players and should be allowed to carry on with the spring clean.
If England had binned Sir Clive after his poor start would we have had the year leading up to 2003?
I think it is only fair to allow Marcello the same chance.
As a footnote Steve Booth is an absolute ****
I am on the Terrace - What's
Happening
smith482
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by smith482 »

Quite honestly if I were Marcelo I wouldn't want to stay. His treatment and the recent speculations have been similar to the treatment of Brian Ashton. I know knee jerk decisions are not the answer but to have this hanging over your head for this length of time is unfair. Perhaps it reflects the judgement and decision making abilities of the board??? i'm sure many of you will disagree with me but that is my opinion.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Re: Easy

Post by westy154 »

Oadbywonder wrote:his team selction as to say the least as been :censored:
How good a coach must he be if he can take a poorly selected team to 2 finals in his first half year!
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

smith482 wrote:Quite honestly if I were Marcelo I wouldn't want to stay. His treatment and the recent speculations have been similar to the treatment of Brian Ashton. I know knee jerk decisions are not the answer but to have this hanging over your head for this length of time is unfair. Perhaps it reflects the judgement and decision making abilities of the board??? i'm sure many of you will disagree with me but that is my opinion.
I can see what you mean smith 482, I wouldn’t blame Loffreda if he wanted to leave after everything that’s been going on. The important thing is the majority of Tigers fans want him to stay and give him a chance with a fresh season. If he does go I’ll lose a lot of respect for the board and I hate to say it I can see thing going downhill.
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
DorsetTiger

Post by DorsetTiger »

Jake White. Still hasnt got a job. Perfect time.
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

I'd like to see Cockers go, and Marcelo to put together a complete coaching team that is his own doing. Oh, and Erinle to be given more of a chance to start next season!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

I am concerned that Loffreda's Back room staff have not given him 100% backing whatever there private thoughts may be - I dislike disloyalty most of all and given that defensive displays have been poor some should be questioning there own performances rather than finger pointing at the boss

There are on field changes to be made especially at flyhalf, backrow and captain but I would be prepare to see ML given atleast another year. I would howver like to see a more adventurous selection policy
penfold
Tiger Cub

Post by penfold »

cal wrote:I'd like to see Cockers go, and Marcelo to put together a complete coaching team that is his own doing. Oh, and Erinle to be given more of a chance to start next season!
There’s some sense there. You know, growing up with Leicester, our greatest strength (i.e. the 'bootroom' family mentality where we support each other, appoint from within, etc.) is sometimes our greatest weakness.

I mean, I'm going back a few years now, Dwyer, got no support, had an iffy start, but despite his pedigree and track record, sacked. Feeling seemed to be he wasn't 'one of us'. In comes coach with no experience A, Deano. Does a grand job, but since we're Leicester and we don't have transition seasons, when he starts to have an iffy spell, no support from upstairs, can't get the players he wants to get, gone. Wells is brought in, basically the same regime, he goes, Wheeler goes on an extensive World wide search, and what does he come up with? Howard, who had zero experience, another old boy. To be perfectly frank, those aren't astute appoinments for one of Europe's premier clubs, and I almost feel lucky that those guys were good enough to bring success.

In some ways, I feel ML was doomed from the very beginning. You give a guy who doesn't speak brilliant English 3/4 of a season, you surround him with the good old boys, and you don't give him any real support. After two finals from two competitions (HEC too early - as I said elsewhere), the knives are out. That's just bonkers!

Seriously. He was one of the hottest coaching properties before he took the job. It's so un Leicester, but what you actually need to do is give the guy time, and a free reign. Having Cockerill as the good old (lack of coaching experience, I might add) boy wingman can't help matters. I sometimes get the feeling some Tigers fans want coaches that they know from their playing days, credentials be damned. Jake White would be another Bob Dwyer, he'd come in, try and shift the ethos of the club, have an iffy transition period, and be out on his ear in favour of an old boy.

I love what we are, I love our pedigree, I love that we look after our own. But this isn't football. We have a World Class coach, he's been in the job 5 minutes, and it seems to me there is a lack of top-level support there, and he can't even get his own staff in. As long as we behave this way, we're just not going anywhere. Who's next, Corry / Cockerill / Back the season after next? I hope not.

Anyway, sorry for ranting. If he must go, I'd like an outsider to be brought in and shake things up a bit. He'd need to be resilient, and not to accept poor treatment and control from elsewhere. Almost like Woodward at the RFU, although I'm not suggesting him. Maybe Richard Hill. We'll get Backy and Cockers though, which will make the support en masse happy, but will worry me...
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

DorsetTiger wrote:Jake White. Still hasnt got a job. Perfect time.
Yes, he does. He's on the IRB panel of consulant coaches so he will now travel to developing rugby nations coaching national teams there.

Just what the implications of this job are and how difficult it would be to get him away from it are, i am unsure.
DorsetTiger

Post by DorsetTiger »

Im sure a job coaching one of the best clubs in world rugby could tempt him away.
Dave J
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Dave J »

Part of me wants Back and Cockerill to be given the job so that when it all goes pear shaped the xenophobes will realise that being one of the boys doesn't mean success will automatically follow. The rest of me however believes that ML has not yet had enough time and should be given at least until the end of the HC group stages.
A citizen of hope and glory