Radio Leicester ans Steve Booth

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

He's quoted on the BBC site in the Loffreda item saying

"I don't want him at the club any more. He's given it a shot but the Tigers are not going forward,"

An opinion? To be fair, what contribution has he made to the Club?
Quite liked him as a player, but, then, he left.

Batting above stations comes to mind
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

The inside track

Post by smalldell »

Steve Booth likes to make out he has the inside track on everything but he is a complete disgrace...

He probably plays gold like he talks..*&*^%$
Duggan

Post by Duggan »

I don't listen to Radio Leicester, even when Tigers away games are being broadcast live as the commentary does my head in. I'm interested in listening to this rugby hour though. When is it on?
Leicester, born, bred and proud of it.
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

1966 wrote:Having listened to the rugby hour for most of the season it has become incresingly obvious that Booth is the mouthpiece of others within the club, who are either upset with the way things are being done or simply think that they could better, the intriguing question for me is who is who's mouthpiece is he, any idea's?
He mentioned this week that he watched the game on Saturday with Luke Abraham.

Who's leaving.

Coincidence?

Duggan wrote:I don't listen to Radio Leicester, even when Tigers away games are being broadcast live as the commentary does my head in. I'm interested in listening to this rugby hour though. When is it on?
It's on 6pm on Wednesdays (except for this week when it was moved to Tuesday) but as the season is over now this weeks was the last one. I imagine you could hear it on the 'listen again' feature on the BBC Radio Leicester webpage, but I warn you, it makes grim listening...
Blimey...
Duggan

Post by Duggan »

Crivvens wrote:
1966 wrote:Having listened to the rugby hour for most of the season it has become incresingly obvious that Booth is the mouthpiece of others within the club, who are either upset with the way things are being done or simply think that they could better, the intriguing question for me is who is who's mouthpiece is he, any idea's?
He mentioned this week that he watched the game on Saturday with Luke Abraham.

Who's leaving.

Coincidence?

Duggan wrote:I don't listen to Radio Leicester, even when Tigers away games are being broadcast live as the commentary does my head in. I'm interested in listening to this rugby hour though. When is it on?
It's on 6pm on Wednesdays (except for this week when it was moved to Tuesday) but as the season is over now this weeks was the last one. I imagine you could hear it on the 'listen again' feature on the BBC Radio Leicester webpage, but I warn you, it makes grim listening...

Cheers mate.
Leicester, born, bred and proud of it.
gman

Post by gman »

1966 wrote:intriguing question for me is who is who's mouthpiece is he, any idea's?
Quite a lot of tigers go to the same gym as me, Booth is pretty much the only one who comes in on his own, likes to make his presence known when he's there. The 4x4 in the car park with BOOTH 1 as a number plate says it all. I just assumed he was clinging on to past glory and didn't have much to do with the current squad. Comments on here about what he's said don't surprise me but I guess there must people at the club supporting him, seems fairly destructive. I'm off to try and find the bbc listen again.
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Just found the link to BBC Radio Leicesters The Rugby hour for those who would like to listen. Be prepared...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/leicester/content/ ... ture.shtml
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

gman wrote:
1966 wrote:intriguing question for me is who is who's mouthpiece is he, any idea's?
Quite a lot of tigers go to the same gym as me, Booth is pretty much the only one who comes in on his own, likes to make his presence known when he's there. The 4x4 in the car park with BOOTH 1 as a number plate says it all. I just assumed he was clinging on to past glory and didn't have much to do with the current squad. Comments on here about what he's said don't surprise me but I guess there must people at the club supporting him, seems fairly destructive. I'm off to try and find the bbc listen again.

You'll be a member at the same gym as me then?

You'll have noticed how he loves to act like a pseudo gym instructor when he's in there then? Or how his gym routine seems to revolve far more around being on the equipment where most people can see him, trying to look as impressive as possible by lifting as heavy a weight as possible. And then horseplaying with his young followers?

Honestly, you can be stood in the changing room and over the other side of the room hear a loud northern voice swearing and talking about "being off for a beer later" just so everyone can hear and the immediate thought is "ah okay... Boothy's here then."
LINCOLN TIGER

Post by LINCOLN TIGER »

Hopefully we'll hear less of him next year, unless RL decide to expand their provincial coverage to Lincolnshire.

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/sport/N ... 4148630.jp
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Well spotted Lincoln Tiger! :smt001
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
gman

Post by gman »

Ha, ha, yep Iain, Uncanny, I've noticed all these things, even down to the loud 'Im a rugby player dont you know' conversations in the changing room. He does seem very fond of doing pull ups in the middle of the room!

I've just done the listen again, never any acknowledgement that the players have to take some responsibility for their performance. Comes across as a very bitter hasbeen. If his negative opinions are even slightly reflective of the players or the other coaches, I fear ML is doomed and the next generation of tiger will look just like the last.

Good luck in the Midland 4 East (North) championship.