New Fatboy Signing (specially for Gate)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Marcelo Rocks
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Marcelo Rocks »

Good to see you back on form there, g, I was getting a bit worried that you'd turned positive on us. :smt005

We do need fatboys. Granted we need a flyhalf or two more as well, but you can't have too many good ole fatboys.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

I agree g - another one topping up his pension fund... I'm really trying not to despair!!
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

g wrote:So tigers would much prefer to recruit old and past it fat boys who they don't really need instead of a fly half which they desperately need? :smt017

UNBL00DYBELIEVEABLE. :smt009
Do you know he is past it? old he may be - but the best props are the older ones, the positions players notoriously develope late.

And do you think we only recruit one player at a time? we have a Fly-Half on trial and are no doubt looking to recruit there aswell. So why complain? we need fatboys aswell as fly halves and so we will recruit accordingly.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Taking the biscuit. Yes we need some back-up in the props but give youngsters a chance or they will get nowhere
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

I agree ttrith
Marcelo Rocks
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Marcelo Rocks »

Well, they do say misery likes company. :smt003
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

here we go again :smt015
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

Nik wrote:why are we not looking after the future and starting to sign 'young blood' ... Here's another player topping up his pension at Welford Road...
Nik, you're making it sound like the club are somehow naive and unknowing that players we seen have certain faults - Bonorino may be old, but maybe we just need a stop gap before Dan Cole makes the full step up? (something i fully believe he will do - he and Nick Wood will scare teams in the future for England imo). Add this to the fact that young props are like gold dust, i dont see the problem in a few golden oldies at Welford road to bring on the younger talent.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Marcelo Rocks wrote:Well, they do say misery likes company. :smt003
That got me singing a Bon Jovi song (My guitar lyes bleeding in my arms) as it has the same 1st line, misery likes company.
Nik wrote:here we go again
And now im singing whitesnake :smt023
Richard Burnett
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

All this bl**dy singing!!

SHURRUPPP!!!

Save it foir Saturday!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I like my signing, no-one else does though :smt005

Hey Bill, i'll even sing your favourite song, Keep The Faith :smt023 :smt002
Richard Burnett
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

TheTigerRoarsInTheHeart wrote:Taking the biscuit. Yes we need some back-up in the props but give youngsters a chance or they will get nowhere
Indeed - but maybe it is thought by those that will obviouslyknow more about it than us that Dan Cole like all young props, must be brought on into the larger environment - in a position which relies very much on Physical Power - coming up against much older and bigger guys than you could be detrimental to progress and as such having a veteran like Bonorino who is still playing to a high level as Moreno retires and White winds down will be benefitial to tigers and the young props surely?
Stuart Kirk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart Kirk »

Anyone think that the photo of Bonorino could be Marcos A in ten years time?!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

TheTigerRoarsInTheHeart wrote:I like my signing, no-one else does though :smt005

Hey Bill, i'll even sing your favourite song, Keep The Faith :smt023 :smt002
I am sure you have an exquisite signature!!

Sing on Saturday OK!!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

kornboy130 wrote:
TheTigerRoarsInTheHeart wrote:Taking the biscuit. Yes we need some back-up in the props but give youngsters a chance or they will get nowhere
Indeed - but maybe it is thought by those that will obviouslyknow more about it than us that Dan Cole like all young props, must be brought on into the larger environment - in a position which relies very much on Physical Power - coming up against much older and bigger guys than you could be detrimental to progress and as such having a veteran like Bonorino who is still playing to a high level as Moreno retires and White winds down will be benefitial to tigers and the young props surely?
I can see your point, i'm just worried about the forgien aspect...
Richard Burnett