New users and Old Users!

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Not too many young people on here are there!

I'm Ben.

and wouldn't you like to know the rest!
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Male, 17, lives about as far from Welford Road as is possible, and as such only manage to get to about 2 games a year. (I live in Israel, for those who haven't managed to guess it yet! I'm coming over to England *coincidentally* (:smt002) on the week of the EDF Cup Final)

Tigers: Held a season ticket for about four years when I lived in England, about the time when Tigers were undisputed champions of the Northern Hemisphere (well, one of the times anyway!) When they won four back to back titles and two european cup titles.

Other sports: For participating in, tennis and go-karting. For watching, anything with an engine that isn't F1 or NASCAR. Mainly MotoGP though. Also a fan of Blackburn Rovers FC but first love is Tigers.

Music: Most things British and a few things not. Bands of note, Bon Jovi, REM, U2, Coldplay, Travis, Snow Patrol, Keane, and my latest attraction, Explosions In The Sky.

Worth noting about me, I spend most of my life on the BBC website and in political discussion with people. Politics makes up a big part of my life and my identity. On the Political Compass, I scored -3 socially and 0.5 economically, or in other terms, I have the social outlook of Nelson Mandela and the economic policy of Romano Prodi. Want to know anything more, just ask. No guarantees that I'll answer though.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
sjwoodman

Post by sjwoodman »

I tend to read more than post but..

Simon, 28, engaged and living in Newcastle.

1 cat, tortoishell called Stella (not necessarily after the beer, she was called that when we got her from the rescue centre).

Music: mainly indie/rock (We are Scientists, Killers, Kasabian, Arcade Fire) but also things like Ozomatli, Stone Roses, Flaming Lips

Have a half share in a season ticket in the Crumbie, Block M, back row. I share it with someone who lives more locally as it's too far to travel every week. Would love to move closer in the future.

Other sports: cricket mainly, little bit of squash and badminton, used to play hockey.

Work in a university doing reserach into computer science, specifically distributed systems.

Drink: caffeinated in the day, red wine and single malt at night. Lager or bitter in the pub.
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Some Addendum to my entry.

I held a standing season ticket for 10 years prior to and including my time at university, but have not been able to commit to one since then.

Drink - Tea throughout the day, coke in the evenings. I don't drink alcohol. Well technically not true, I do very occasionally get drunk, but don't ever drink on a regular basis.

Isreali Tiger - Good call on Explosions in the Sky, superb band. Have you discovered Sigur Ros and Godspeed you black emporer yet?
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

maskedsquid wrote:Me - Chris

I am a Leeds Utd fan (seriously guys, stop laughing at me now)
Being a Forest fan, I ain't laughing at yer!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Kinoulton wrote:
maskedsquid wrote:Me - Chris

I am a Leeds Utd fan (seriously guys, stop laughing at me now)
Being a Forest fan, I ain't laughing at yer!
It's more like mutual pity now...
It's only cheating if you get caught.
IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by IsraeliTiger »

Israeli Tiger - Good call on Explosions in the Sky, superb band. Have you discovered Sigur Ros and Godspeed you black emporer yet?
Nope, aren't GYBE meant to be fairly heavy rock? Thats not my style so much. How would you define both of them? (except instrumental, obviously)
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."
www.wilkofans.co.uk

Post by www.wilkofans.co.uk »

Sara (formally tankyounote on here), turned 21 two weeks ago. Lived in Leicester until 3 years ago when the family moved to Swindon because of work and I go to Uni in Gloucester (the one where the players train so have good banta with them in the gym lol)

Pet: Cat called Jeni

Tigers: Was a season ticket holder with dad in crumbie stand, now have to watch on sky :(

Other sport: I'll watch any sport but i only support anyone in ruggers.

Music: Mainly stuff like paramore, The veronicas, Kate Voegele, FOB, The Like, All American Rejects...

Drinks: TEA!

Umm not much else to say suppose you can guess by the name i run a Jonny Wilkinson fan site *hides* oo got a 21st b'day card from him lol
www.wilkofans.co.uk the nummber 1 Jonny Wilkinson fan site
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Israeli, check you PMs.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
hughes

Post by hughes »

:smt006 Hi my name is John,live and work in Thurmaston(caretaker of Primary School).Age 45,look 90 but feel 16,ex punk rocker, many moons ago!Crumbie Terrace ticket holder for last 2 seasons and just live and breath the Tigers!Married with 3 girls. :smt022
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

:smt006 Suz, I'm 25 and live in Grantham.
have a season ticket on the terrace, love the atmosphere there.
Petless, had a horse but then my mum and dad said I had to start paying for it myself, so not got one anymore!!
Sport: Anything equestrain expect racing. Cricket in the summer.
Music: mainly indie.
Drink: Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon, pimms in the evening!!
Doing a distance learning masters degree. Missing the EDF final as will be at uni doing an exam that day :smt022 :smt022
And thats about it
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

[quote="Suz] Missing the EDF final as will be at uni doing an exam that day :smt022 :smt022
And thats about it[/quote]

Oh that's just downright mean. :smt018
It's only cheating if you get caught.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

sjwoodman wrote:Simon, 28, engaged and living in Newcastle.
Crongratulations on getting engaged.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

maskedsquid

I know they did it last year as well!! :smt010
DCat
Super User
Super User

Post by DCat »

Going slightly off topic, I did my distance learning Masters purely on project work. Hard work, but none of those pesky exams.

Like the drinking lifestyle
AKA Delilah - Founder Member of 'The Mothers'

Sponsored by Kleenex