Seru Cited

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Yes. Tigers have found him "not guilty" and the RFU Panel is next Wednesday.
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

So another lengthy ban for Seru then.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Very much doubt it g. "Not guilty" likely verdict!
The opinion expressed above is that of the author and does not imply any acceptance of it by Leicester Football Club PLC or their agents who in no way share responsibility with the author for its publication.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Find it strange that no particular offence has been mentioned............unless I've missed something?
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

The offence is "unsportsman like behaviour". When and how unspecified. One assumes the actual citing documentation is more specific.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

I saw the unsportsmanlike behaviour bit Bill, I hope you're correct that the documentation is more specific, and sure you are, but why all the cloak and dagger I wonder?

Maybe he looked at Brent Russell or others and said....."NEXT!"

Whilst smiling of course!

Maybe it's all a subterfuge to deflect attention away from the lack of attention paid to the wasps kerfuffle!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Bill W wrote:I have having great difficulty with this.

Since it was not "dangerous play" (else it would have been named as such); or abuse of an official (similar) and only "unsportsmanlike" no way under the laws of the game would it have warranted an immediate red. So the only way it could warrant a red would be if he yellow carded for it (repeated offence) and then continued with it. And you can only get a yellow if you have been cautioned. He was not cautioned. And he was not yellow carded.

Hence, IMHO, no way could it warrant a red and hence citing fails to even warrant a hearing.

Daily, any thoughts?
Evening Bill.

The Sarries site report, IIRC, claimed that Seru was 'guilty' (in their opinion) of gouging.

I have no idea how justified this claim is, nor indeed if this is the actual alleged offence.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

He has not been cited for gauging daily. He has been cited for unsportsman like behaviour - e.g. foul language towards another player, chucking the ball into the crowd, laughing when they are penalised, mocking a knock on .........

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

WhitecapTiger wrote: Maybe it's all a subterfuge to deflect attention away from the lack of attention paid to the wasps kerfuffle!
That there is a hidden agenda is for certain.

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Bill W wrote:He has not been cited for gauging daily. He has been cited for unsportsman like behaviour - e.g. foul language towards another player, chucking the ball into the crowd, laughing when they are penalised, mocking a knock on .........
No, I understand that. Just reporting on the only thing that I have heard in the public domain. 'Verbal abuse', both to official or player, is a specific offence (all under 10(4)(k)), so I really can't think what is being referred to.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

We shall await enlightenment!! I am not holding my breath!

MJLTAW 2007
MOPAW 2007
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Perhaps he said something in Fijian that sounding like he was being offensive in English!
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Jeremy Anderson wrote: Perhaps he said something in Fijian that sounding like he was being offensive in English

Ah the Harbajan Singh defence!!!!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

EASTY,

Thank You :smt023