Player of the RBS 6 Nations Championship

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Rizzo, Tigerbeat, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7106
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: NW Leics

Player of the RBS 6 Nations Championship

Post by dailywaffle » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:35 am

The shortlist:

Mike Blair (Scotland)
Vincent Clerc (France)
Ryan Jones (Wales)
Sergio Parisse (Italy)
Mike Phillips (Wales)
Shane Williams (Wales)

No surprise that there are no English, although very surprised to see Mike Phillips on the list.

Anyhow, click here to vote. I have gone for Parisse.

http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/10275.php ... 42406a52b1

westwinds31
Super User
Super User
Posts: 4433
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:26 am

Post by westwinds31 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:31 am

daily, I'm with you...Parisse for me also.

Owly tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:25 am
Location: Leicester

Post by Owly tiger » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:55 pm

Clerc or Williams... I'd have to go with Williams, he's been consistent, and his move to scrum-half against Ireland was excellent, gave real shape to a team under the cosh.

IsraeliTiger
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:06 pm
Location: Currently Haifa, Israel. Formerly Oadby, England.

Post by IsraeliTiger » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:46 pm

Clerc or Williams for me too, and for me too it'll have to be Williams.
Kinoulton wrote:Surely that's much more in depth than your average corporate box punter can tolerate. How about "If the entire crowd shut up, you shut up. Otherwise we'll close your bar."

Iain
Super User
Super User
Posts: 8161
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 6:39 pm
Location: Market Harborough

Post by Iain » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:50 pm

Vincent Clerc for me... the most exciting back to emerge in the Northern Hemisphere for many a year.

banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member
Posts: 723
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:22 pm
Location: Banbury

Post by banbury tiger » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:22 pm

Clerc or Williams.
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers

cyRil
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:17 am
Location: Cardiff/Ospreylia

Post by cyRil » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:55 pm

Iain wrote:Vincent Clerc for me... the most exciting back to emerge in the Northern Hemisphere for many a year.
He is an awesome finisher, but in this championship atleast he hasn't shown me anything that would put him above Shane. Obviously I would be biased, but I voted for Ryan anyway! :smt003
Where the hell is Byrne?!! He should be in the list ahead of Phillips, and on form looking the Lions 15. You Saes are bound to disagree, but who would you put there instead? If anyone says Balshaw I'm leaving! :smt002

CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1382
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:43 pm
Location: N Herts

Post by CJ » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:00 pm

did you see that picture of Parisse in the Observer? wow!!! he gets my vote every day. oh, am I meant to vote on rugby skills and impact on the 6N only?

Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 1740
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 6:51 pm
Location: On the fosse

Post by Daveyboy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:03 pm

No Martyn Williams?

He would be on my short-list with Shane, his namesake, taking the Title.

Clerc a close 2nd.

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User
Posts: 7106
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: NW Leics

Post by dailywaffle » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:06 pm

cyRil wrote:...
Where the hell is Byrne?!! He should be in the list ahead of Phillips, and on form looking the Lions 15. You Saes are bound to disagree, but who would you put there instead? If anyone says Balshaw I'm leaving! :smt002
Byrne is arguably Wales' most improved player, although not really (IMO) man of the tournament material. I agree that he has at least as good a claim as Phillips; not that I'd vote for either.

Lewsey, ironically, would have made a 2008 Lions party as would Geordan Murphy. Whether they have enough gas in the tank to be in contention for 2009 is another matter.

down the brickies
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 92
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Great Glen

Post by down the brickies » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:21 pm

It's between Mark Regan, Phil Vickery, Andy Gomarsall, or Balshaw.


Blimey, I didn't realise I had an aptitude for comedy! :smt081
Form is temporary - Class is eternal

cyRil
Top Cat
Top Cat
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:17 am
Location: Cardiff/Ospreylia

Post by cyRil » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:36 am

dailywaffle wrote:
cyRil wrote:...
Where the hell is Byrne?!! He should be in the list ahead of Phillips, and on form looking the Lions 15. You Saes are bound to disagree, but who would you put there instead? If anyone says Balshaw I'm leaving! :smt002
Byrne is arguably Wales' most improved player, although not really (IMO) man of the tournament material. I agree that he has at least as good a claim as Phillips; not that I'd vote for either.

Lewsey, ironically, would have made a 2008 Lions party as would Geordan Murphy. Whether they have enough gas in the tank to be in contention for 2009 is another matter.
Ah DW you're right, I'd forgotten about Lewsey. Something myself and Ashton have in common I suppose :smt002
DTB, Balshaw is currently the front-runner to win the BBC Wales Sports personality of the year! :smt003

burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:25 pm
Location: CARDIFF

Post by burly bill mclaren » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:08 am

lewsey is a top player really a top all rouand test player goodness knows if its just injury thats get him out its all very odd ashton has lost his way

as for player of tournament its shane or ryan jones
probably shane
H E RICHARDS

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], johnthegriff, kpj tiger, Leicestertinytiger, Mark62, RunTigerRun, speedski and 2 guests