Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Absolutely crazy

Post by Chobbsy »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_union/7055908.stm
If anyone should go it should be Andrews, but then we would have to suffer him in the premiership.
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
CornishPirate

Post by CornishPirate »

Yer I agree. Ashton was given very little time to be able to get the team to perform and did really well.Andrews has had more opportunity, i also think that his role underminds Ashton as he can never have th final say on the teams!
Oggle
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Oggle »

well, he did do a great job....

I'd like to see him continue. If he ditches the old guard, and is allowed time.

there is no point what-so-ever saying we must win the 6N - if we want the World Cup, then we will have to accept that we're going to need to almost start from scratch... because half the team won't be around for the next world cup.

though laurence dalagio might try to be available for selection!
Duggan

Post by Duggan »

I'm not sure what Andrew is playing at? Ashton turned it around during the World Cup and should be both applauded and rewarded for it. We all know that the game Ashton prefers to play is a more expansive one so he should be now given the chance to prove he can do it by bringing in and building his own team. Not got much time for Andrew to be honest.
Leicester, born, bred and proud of it.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Not sure whether I read this correctly but after the 36-0 drubbing, didn't the senior players have a meeting where they said the management's tactics etc weren't working on the pitch and decided to do it their way? If that is the case, surely he isn't worthy of a new contract maybe? I've probably misinterpreted what was said, I think by lewsey or Wilkinson - any ideas anyone?
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Crumby
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Crumby »

Dave W
I concur with you as i understand it was the players who took control of what was a mess after the 36-0 defeat and from that point they decided the tactics.

Have to say like they guy but there are better candidates
keef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by keef »

all the coaching staff and players have done a great job BUT i still think there should be change at the top!
ashton has done a job this world cup but you cant forget the mess that we were in in the run up to it!
i think the whole of the RFU needs a shake up not just the head coach.
The Future's Bright,The Future's Stripey!
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Dave W wrote:Not sure whether I read this correctly but after the 36-0 drubbing, didn't the senior players have a meeting where they said the management's tactics etc weren't working on the pitch and decided to do it their way? If that is the case, surely he isn't worthy of a new contract maybe? I've probably misinterpreted what was said, I think by lewsey or Wilkinson - any ideas anyone?
Dave this story as been reported with quotes from a number of players. Add this to the Fraser Waters damning report on the tactics used at the training camp before the RWC and it looks like it was Player power that did us proud and not BA.

Also remember his woeful selections and putting players out of position all of which failed. The team he finsihed with is not the team he first put as his strongest team. Did he not believe an all Wasps back row was the answer with Parry as 9 and Farell outside him?

Still as we got to the final he should be given his chance with a couple of 6Ns but not a four year contract. The question of how good BA is now (He was good but that IMO that was a while ago). So give him a chance. Of course the RFU post WC review may result in a different view.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Duggan

Post by Duggan »

Dave W wrote:Not sure whether I read this correctly but after the 36-0 drubbing, didn't the senior players have a meeting where they said the management's tactics etc weren't working on the pitch and decided to do it their way? If that is the case, surely he isn't worthy of a new contract maybe? I've probably misinterpreted what was said, I think by lewsey or Wilkinson - any ideas anyone?

Yeah well there is that I suppose. :smt003
Leicester, born, bred and proud of it.
hoopius froodicus

Post by hoopius froodicus »

keef wrote: i think the whole of the RFU needs a shake up not just the head coach.
certainly agree with that!!

As for BA, I think he should be given at least another international season, to see if his favoured expansive rugby can be played by England.
I know towels are too small to be togas
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

The problem lies with Rob Andrew I'm afraid, while he is there I very much doubt ANY of the "younger" coaches ( Hill, Deano etc) will touch the England job.

A source I know near to him ( not RFU !) says just what an obnoxious, jumped up primma donna he is............not a nice man and definatly not a good boss to have.
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

Also that would not Be Mad Dog up to his old tricks - pulling Mat Stevens trousers down would it?
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Chobbsy
Super User
Super User

Post by Chobbsy »

nasher wrote:If the press reports about player influence are correct then BA does not deserve a new contract but if the major influence on selection and tactics was Andrew then he is the one to go.However as Andrew is Baron's man there will be no change other than maybe not renewing BA's contract.
The new man will be Andrew's man and I suspect that is and will be the problem - any new coach must be willing to toe the Andrew line regardless of the consequences.That alone will restrict the candidates to a very short list.
AS I have said on here before having spoken to a pretty reliable source, BA is allowed to select who he likes...............but only if Andrew says so
God created rugby so footballers have heros too
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

My understanding is that BA did not select Farrel and did select Cipriani.

No half decent coach will serve under Randrew IMHO.

Randrew is even beginning to sound like F. Barron: "We are going to review .....!

Like "The Way Forward?"

And where is the PRL/RFU eight year agreement?