Tuilagi brain muscle

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tuilagi brain muscle

Post by Budster »

I've not been overly impressed by Tuilagi, I wish he would develop his brain muscle as much as his other muscles. Does he even know what a off load is, he commits 2/3 defenders which is good but then always goes to ground with the ball. Chabal finally learned there’s more to rugby than just crashing into people and he’s a forward.
He reminds me of the long ball in football, there's a place for it but don't build your game around it.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Re: Tuilagi brain muscle

Post by kornboy130 »

Budster wrote:I've not been overly impressed by Tuilagi, I wish he would develop his brain muscle as much as his other muscles. Does he even know what a off load is, he commits 2/3 defenders which is good but then always goes to ground with the ball. Chabal finally learned there’s more to rugby than just crashing into people and he’s a forward.
He reminds me of the long ball in football, there's a place for it but don't build your game around it.

am i stating the obvious here that when being contained by said 2/3 defenders - it is very difficult to look for the offload - especially if there is no body there.

and FYI he did plenty of offloads this season and was one of the much improved points of his game.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Assuming you mean Alex (and not any other Tuilagi) then I have to say I agree with kornboy. Alex's offloads have been improving with every game, and he's certainly one of our not-so-secret weapons. He learned a lot from Pat and he's still learning and improving all the time.

And if we want to be picky, the brain isn't a muscle.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
rufcut

Post by rufcut »

The brain develops into a muscle the more you play in the front row(as a rule-although other positions aren't exempted!) :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Alex

Post by jack »

Probably easier to offload to fellow Tigers, but the Samoans are a different kettle of fish!
Tigers - true Champions!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

"Tuilagi Brain Muscle" is a great name for a speed metal band.
keef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by keef »

dont think you will find many alex haters around here!
The Future's Bright,The Future's Stripey!
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Are we talking about the same Alex who was so good in the Premiership Final?

I would say he is one of our best players and one of the best in the Premiership. He is certainly hard to play against.

It seems that Alex may well be back for the Glaws game but LV may not be there due to injury!! Shame, that would have been a good match-up!!
keef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by keef »

oooohhhhhhh......how good would that be!...
The Future's Bright,The Future's Stripey!
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

He offloads better than Cohen!!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

I suggest Budster has a word with Alex but have the car engine running!! :smt023 :smt018 :smt013 :smt010
Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster »

Yes I would and have (not him but equally as big), I'm not one of these people who view them as gods or supermen.
They get paid well to practice and play rugby, they don't save lives for a living.
But my experience of them is that they are a lot less conceited and brittle than people on here. :smt116
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

I seem to remember criticising Alex once. What an idiot...

Seriously though I don't care what he does in the WC. The poorer he plays the sooner he's back with us!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

let's just say it shows what Budster knows about the game. :smt009 :smt005 :smt015 :smt019 :smt019
Big Tackle
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Big Tackle »

Didn't really see Alex do anything good fullstop during world cup matches, was wondering whether we have let the wrong brother go!Henry looked pretty awesome considering the injury problems he has had.
bet Tigers are kicking themsleves!
just lost the best ball carrier in the game
Line them up
Hit them hard
Do some damage
Make your mark !