Deadwood

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:I think I'm quite safe on that score!
Oh no you're not.

It is VERY likely that Goode will have a very good season.

And if he does, it is an absolute certainty that I'll be offering up generous helpings of humble pie to you Goode-doubters.

Of course, in the event that he has an absolute 'mare, you may not hear from me. :wavey:
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

Um...
While we agree that we have class players and good youngsters coming through the academy system, it was slightly worrying that Pat persisted on the same game plan when things clearly weren't working. It'd be nice that we can swtich from one style of play to another when things aren't going well for us.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Bill W wrote:Hardly!! He refused E O'S's demands that he take a pay cut and play for an Irish side!!

It wasn't a pay cut he was offered Bill. He was offered more money by one particular province than Leicester were offering him but loyalty won & he re-signed with Tigers.
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Read my words carefully Dave Angel. "Take a pay cut". Namely, pay from all sources associated with playing for Tigers.
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Ive not bothered to look but I would guess we have far fewer over 30s (deadwood?) now than probably at any time in the last 5-8.

Murphy is still the best counter attacking full back in Northern Hemi . He has defensive frailties hence he does not get in the irsh team. They can live without his skill because they have BoD and ODarcey to break the gain line against any opposition. Against the very best teams Leicester have not had a the player to do this since Howard left as a player and OZ lost his gas. ( O yes must include Jaco for about 12 games) .
Hipkiss has shown the odd flashes and may go one to be the midfield player we have been looking for but untill he learns to pass his breaks will die in the forwards, Gibbo made a few breaks but again not enough and certainly not against the best defences like Wasps.

Ben Kay is a fantastic Prem Lock. Good line out on his own ball not quite as agressive on the opposition line out as he used to be but still worth his place any week. He is aggressive around the park making good yards. He is also a leader something we have been lacking since Johnson Back etc.

White
Coming to the end but then as destructive as he is I would not like to see him playing for anyone else. He will still win games and when paired with Castro is awsome. See out his tiem at Leicester . ONe old fat man in the loose can be looked after when he causes so much damage to the opposition moral and saps so much strength in the tight o yes and cheats as well as any of the Leic grates.

Goode
Goode is Goode, he is not good enough to be internatinal class and never has been but with a good creative inside centre along side him is a more than competant prem 10 and a match winnng goal kicker. He has not got the pace that modern ten needs to make the breaks and on occasions gets tunnel vision when bossing the game. But to be played along side Mauger we may well see a return to the days when he looked a promising youngster playing along side Pat. He can also be rotated with Humpries depending on conditions and tactics. When we need territory games or running games.

I want to see if Mauger is the missing link in the midfield before we make to many changes. I also look forward to a truely fit Smith returning to the fold for the first time in 2-3 years.

We may need some temp cover at 9 with Elis and Bemand out but then it may also be time for one of the acadamy lads to gets some experience.
Budster
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Budster »

Ha brilliant, it's like some weird american religous sect on here. The players (leaders) are sacred and must be treated like gods (as some say our leaders might be reading this). If you have a different view like yours or not hating a wasp your obviously not a Tigers fan. To stay on top the manager must be brutal they are only borrowing the shirt. I don't agree with all your deadwood but your thread made me laugh.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Mat makes some good(e) points. Its how the players combine with each other that is the key to success i.e.TEAMWORK! That is not to say that we should'nt seek out new players, but new combinations can work as well - it will be interesting to see which 10 works best with Mauger, for example. We also need experience, and Ben provides that in a scrum that is already featuring younger players.

Let's not slag off our players at the start of the season. Lets see how the new set-up works, and give whoever plays our support!
Valhalla I am coming!
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

fleabane wrote:Mat makes some good(e) points. Its how the players combine with each other that is the key to success i.e.TEAMWORK! That is not to say that we should'nt seek out new players, but new combinations can work as well - it will be interesting to see which 10 works best with Mauger, for example. We also need experience, and Ben provides that in a scrum that is already featuring younger players.

Let's not slag off our players at the start of the season. Lets see how the new set-up works, and give whoever plays our support!
how naive you are ? You are still new to all this I take it - there are many on here who slagged off all the coaches and players after the Heiny final - one win from a perfect season and yet all they got was abuse for not winning it all.

However - I applaud and agree with you and hope your words encourage some positive contributions !!
Less is more....
muttley75
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by muttley75 »

Right, I reckon that we need to get rid of Aaron Mauger, Lewis Moody, Ben Youngs, Danny Hipkiss, Alex Dodge and Jordan Crane BEFORE they start to decline in value and usefulness!!

:lol: :mr.green: :lol: :mr.green: :lol: :mr.green: :lol:
the schizophrenic mutt - tiger or fox, tiger or fox, errrrr!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=568315524
www.myspace.com/martindurrad
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Nowt like forward planning. 2011 or 2012?
muttley75
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by muttley75 »

Was looking more to the future!! More like 2020-2025 whe the minis come through!!!
the schizophrenic mutt - tiger or fox, tiger or fox, errrrr!!

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=568315524
www.myspace.com/martindurrad
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Are those players at the deadwood stage yet.

Hmm, I feel a song coming on...

Oh! The Deadwood Stage is a-headin' on over the hills,
where the Injun arrows are thicker than porcupine quills.
Dangerous land! No time to delay!
So, Whip crack-away!, Whip crack-away!, Whip crack-away!
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Kinoulton, you can be Wild Bill Hickock - I'd make a great Calamity Jane!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Those dawgone injuns ha killed my maw and killed my paw an isa gonna get even wi those vermin.

But first of all isa gonna sing a song!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

IMHO it would be a calamity if we lost any of the so-called "deadwood" mentioned in this topic!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother