Concert for Diana

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sim
Super User
Super User

Post by Sim »

burly bill mclaren wrote:what the heck was beckham doing presenting there? mercy that guy doesnt miss a chance at self promotion. hes never even met her?
No but maybe the princes wanted him there. Most poeple would have liked to have met her given the chance, i would have, and he was unfortunant not to meet her, it doesn't mean he doesn't have respect and admiration for her.
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

Angelo wrote: I'm very happy that nothing bad happened at Wembley, after the previous bad news.
Ah, you didn't see Tom Jones' beard then.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I didn't bother watching much as I don't like that kind of music (Take That, Durna Duran et al) but aren't we missing the point?

Very very VERY few people genuinely make a diffeence to public awareness of what's going on in the World. Diana did though.

By resurrecting her memory (and why not, you don't have to be forgotten when you're buried) they can stir up awareness again.

If it had just been a concert to errr make people aware of some dead bad things etc then most of those acts wouldn't have played, the attendance would have been poor and the TV wouldn't have bothered.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Any normal woman would not have stood between the camera and the sun wearing such a flimsy skirt
Then I must not be a normal woman, because I did just that at my friend's wedding - not realising the bright sunshine would make my dress translucent.

(I did write a long diatribe about the subject but the board ate it, so I can't be faffed doing it again.)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I watched all of five minutes of it as my housemates had it on. I heard P Diddy shout "make some noise if you miss Princess Dianaaaaa!". I cringed and walked out to do something else.
redtiger
Super User
Super User

Post by redtiger »

IsraeliTiger wrote:I hate it, I really do. The princes intentions were obviously good, but it'll just put Diana and her death back into the spotlight, and its already been examined, re-examined and exploited from every possibly angle. I feel bad for saying this, but I am sick of hearing about Diana by this point. She's been dead for years, yet you'd be forgiven for thinking she died last week! People seem to have a real problem with just letting her rest in peace.
agreed. she's toast, brown bread, snuffed it, well and truly popped her :censored: clogs, let it go!! no wonder we're a nation of losers!
Forgot the resty - vesty is the besty!
burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by burly bill mclaren »

Ive more respect for the little man who tries his best than dukes ducheses and landed gentry
To paraphrase it says somewhere in the Bible a penny from a poor man is worth a fortune from a richman
diana was no hero to me
my dad is a hero to me
so was my grand dad
they never got riches, fame, concerts, titles nothing
the true measure of greatness is in the tiny little things and when the world isnt watching
briatin is sickophantic over celebrity and fame far worse than any other nation. its not a new thing it has always been this way and in truth the monarchy worship is no different to celebrity worship
H E RICHARDS
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I don't understand this bit about "she's dead, let's forget her".

You don't even say that about a deceased pet dog.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

You do if you didn't like the dog !
burly bill mclaren
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by burly bill mclaren »

hey know youre stirring up dormant passions of my late great deceased hamster-buddy boy. 1983-1984 rip

dormant passions? sorry I meant doormat rassions? he stank the place out the useless rodent
H E RICHARDS
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Ah! But you still remember him!
bekki
Tiger Cub

Post by bekki »

i think her sons did her proud they really worked on what she liked and how they could put it into the show, i did not watch it all but most of the 2nd half, so great live acts and brilliant varity.
The only way is up!!!