The Apprentice

Non- Rugby Related Chat. Please note that this forum is moderated. If you wish to make comments for the club's attention please do so in Fans Forum and not this one.

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

andy182 wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooo

How can the love of my life be sacked :cry:

Will have to go and offer her a job myself now!

Selling those products was so cringeworthy. Wish I had seen it live!

Three getting fired next week, looks like Kristina and Katy in the final I think :o(
I don't recall Naomi making any comments about how great the Tigers are, so I think you can conclude she wasn't right for you!!!
stormers

Post by stormers »

Can't believe what Katie did! It just shows how selfish she is by going into the competition without realising the consequences that winning would have on her family!!

Simon to win
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Stormers, I refer you to my post from last Thursday:
Dave Angel wrote:Also, if you want to know a spoiler about the boardroom scene next week, enlarge the text at the bottom of this post:

I understand that one of the two apprentices chosen by Sir Alan to go through to the final & be offered a temporary post with him actually turns Sir Alan down! He then has to pick another apprentice from one of those he would have rejected to take their place in the final two!
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

I didn’t enlarge it when I read your post before. You were right though!
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

How the hell Simon is still there is beyond me.
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

The lady in the final will win I can't think of her name at the moment.

Ah! it is Kristina i think.

As andy182 said how simon is still ther I do not know.
Success only comes before work in the dictionary.

"Rugby is a hooligans game played by gentlemen." Winston Churchill
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I agree about Simon; it is amazing that he has made the final 2. Don't get me wrong, he seems like a very entertaining chap and all that ..... but potential executive material ? I think AMS is losing it.

Kristina, on the other hand, is more a 'doer' than a 'thinker'. Very grounded, but not terribly inspirational. I think she is a stronger character than Simon, but (IMO) may lack that creative spark.

This series' highlight has to be Simon on daytime TV, assembling the trampoline. Pure TV gold, it had me in stitches.
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

Totally agree about Simon, he is awful. Was awful in the last few tasks, was pretty bad in the interviews. I know Tre wasn't exactly great in the interviews, but at least he's done really well in the tasks.
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Whatever you think about Simon, he excelled in that last task I think and although the idea looked like a sausage on paper, at the presentation it looked really impressive I thought. Kristina would annoy me, I hate 100% focused driven people like her, you never see their vulnerable side, which is an endearing trait for me. Anyway, as Alan Sugar said, he just cannot resist taking someone who is raw and moulding them to his way of thinking. Great last show and I really think the best person (for that job) won.
Jess
Super User
Super User

Post by Jess »

I preferred Kristina's building, and i didn't think much of Simon's public speaking. There wasn't much between them in the last task, but overall in the competition i thought Kristina was better. Simon is not a team leader, like Sir Alan said. Oh well. I kind of suspected this was going to happen after the TV task where he was so awful and managed not to get fired
Donncha O'Callaghan and Bruce Reihana are the best players that ever lived. Don't even bother to argue with me.

And - however good Imanol Harinordoquy is, he is still an idiot
stormers

Post by stormers »

If Alan Sugar can mould Simon into the finished article he will be a better all round employee than Kristina is or could be.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

I think Kristina will get a great job somewhere in any case.

OK, so she's just a competent "doer".

She doesn't have blue sky thinking, or take a helicopter view, or influence strategy outside of the box, and she doesn't see over the horizon.

Well thank Christ for that. I would happily take one Kristina in exchange for a thousand "think tank" tossers.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Another great series of The Apprentice - required viewing in the Gonzo household, along with 24, Coronation St, QI and The Rugby Club!

What a shame they spoilt the announcement of the winner, by giving it away in advance. In the previous week's preview, Sir Alan was clearly shown pointing to his right for the 'you're hired' moment.

So this week, as soon as Simon and Kristina sat down in the boardroom, we knew who had won. Doh!
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

I noticed that as well. If the producers had thought about it they should have flipped the footage of SAS on the preview trailer & confused everyone when they came to the reveal!

However, eagle-eyed viewers would still have noticed this as SAS's tie stripes would have been in the US direction, not the UK one!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Anyone watching this series?

Fantastic stuff, the 'Mayhem in Marrakesh' episode this week was terrific. One of the best boardroom meltdowns ever. If you missed it, you must catch the repeat this weekend.

I can't say that any of them really look like favourites to win ...... but who cares! Car crash television at its best.