edf semis

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

champanzie
Silver Member
Silver Member

edf semis

Post by champanzie »

come on then people i dont want to be on my own who else will be joining me in cardiff. what do people think the possible team is goin to be for the semi?? full team or a few second team players?
Come on you tigers!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I will be there. :oD

I imagine it will be a bit of rotation. Sandwiched in between Wales v England and the Stade QF, I would think that some of this week's XV will be playing for a spot in the EDF team.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

What happened last year?
tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

We are driving down on Friday, staying til Sunday so making a real weekend of it. Looking forward to it - lets hope the result goes our way this year!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

@BJ - Oh I see what you mean now by debacle. The moral of the story must be don't rely on the Train Service, especially on a Sunday.

Anyway we are taking them out the loop mainly and driving to the Bristol area and stopping there for the weekend.

One question though: On the Saturday would it be easier to just drive into and out off Cardiff (is there plenty of parking?) or drive to Newport and get a local train from there? Anyone have any thought as to which is the easier option?
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

I'm going I think. :-D With regard to the team I would expect us to play the strongest side possible. With the lack of momentum forced upon us by the powers that be. I feel that it is important we allow the 1st XV to play together before the Stade game. I feel royally stiched up by the RFU. The munster game was season defining but the six nations has cost us our form. Surely it would have been better to have Saints and Worcester over the next two weeks so that we can gather some momentum and then allow us to go into the two biggest games of the season. Sale will not role over if they lose to us then they face the possibility of getting dragged into the relegation scrap. Where as a win should give them the confidence to start hauling themselves back up the league. Looking forward to seeing Coz cause Chabal to go missing again. He's done it twice already this season.
dunc
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by dunc »

To be honest I've not been to Cardiff since that black day in 97 and I was only 13 then. I seem to remember traffic into the city being a bit of a nightmare.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

@BJ Thanks for the tip. Seems the best option as long as Cardiff station after the match is not as bad as Twickenham. Last time I was there it was a nightmare trying to get on the platform, had to give up and go for a few beers.
Jeremy Anderson
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jeremy Anderson »

We will be there. Planning to drive down in the morning and back after half time of the welsh semi to minimise traffic congestion.
Any advice on parking around the millenium stadium would be appreciated.
Jez

Only Winners Win!
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

I'll be there, looking forward to two good games.

Team selection will be interesting if only to see how seriously PH is taking this competition.
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Unfortunately I have a wedding to attend on the 24th so I can't make it.

Mrs Osprey has said in no uncertain terms that neither tigers nor ospreys shirts are acceptable attire for a wedding and I'm not allowed take a radio with me either.

I'll have to video both games, avoid the scores and watch them later in the evening. It'll be like that episode of Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads.

On the parking front, here's the link to the Cardiff City Council website:
http://tinyurl.com/ysj224
The Park & Ride sites are sign posted off the M4 and pretty convenient. They're also a lot cheaper than the car parks in the city centre.

Roll On A Tigers v Ospreys final
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup
Hairy Egg
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Hairy Egg »

Caerlyr Osprey wrote:Mrs Osprey has said in no uncertain terms that neither tigers nor ospreys shirts are acceptable attire for a wedding and I'm not allowed take a radio with me either.
I can recommend a good divorce lawyer if you like. :shock:
waster
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by waster »

gkbradley wrote:@BJ - Oh I see what you mean now by debacle. The moral of the story must be don't rely on the Train Service, especially on a Sunday.

Anyway we are taking them out the loop mainly and driving to the Bristol area and stopping there for the weekend.

One question though: On the Saturday would it be easier to just drive into and out off Cardiff (is there plenty of parking?) or drive to Newport and get a local train from there? Anyone have any thought as to which is the easier option?
We parked in Radyr station last year and caught the train from there. It was one of these where you buy your ticket from the conductor as there is no ticket office at the station. The train was that busy the conductor gave up trying to collect cash!!!! Good journey, shame about the result!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Going on my own and meeting an Ospreys fan and long time mate for a beer and both games. Looking forward to it. :mr.green:
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

We'll be there. Going with the Away Supporters Club - by far the best idea as we get there in plenty of time for a decent lunch and then don't leave until 8pm!! Cheaper than driving too - and you can drink!