Looks live we're guna have a world cup this year guys....

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Looks live we're guna have a world cup this year guys....

Post by kornboy130 »

very good performance by england and france today, with ireland to come tomorrow - maybe NZ would be interested to see that they ar'nt just guna walk it next year - bring on september!!!
sammy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by sammy »

Yeah, they are gonna walk it. Comfortably. That was one of the worst Scottish sides I've ever seen. When we've beaten the French and the Irish I'll get excited. Harry was outstanding though.
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

Well done to England, Jonny sure is back but ain't too sure about his try - very dodgy :? but even if it wasn't allowed they still would've won, and they did play really well. Bring on Ireland and Wales tomorrow!!
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

A great start, but that's all it was. A great start though. :lol:
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
East-Munster Man
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by East-Munster Man »

England must be favourites for the 6 nations now. No one could live with that type of game.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

take your pick for world cup campaign:

1.demolish a well established scottish team and have a legendary player return to top flight rugby.

2.Lose to a well established scottish team and have a legenday player under perform and let the team down.

its a :censored: good start and non of ye can deny it.
WilfMan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WilfMan »

East-Munster Man wrote:England must be favourites for the 6 nations now. No one could live with that type of game.
Not quite favourites but good contenders, I thought France also looked very good
-
"Forwards decide who win the game, Backs decide by how much"
-
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

East-Munster Man wrote:England must be favourites for the 6 nations now. No one could live with that type of game.
In fairness, it was Scotland (no offence to both sides) they've yet to face Wales, France and Ireland.
It's very early days and I'm sure they'll go all out in Croker - it makes it all the more exciting.
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
Big_Johnno
Super User
Super User

Post by Big_Johnno »

New zealand always become 'the best team in the world' a year or so before the world cup, they always fall apart just before the cup though.
As for england, no chance, we were average at best today against a very very poor scotland team. You can't beat scotland and then go and claim we have a chance in the world cup, they're not even a team anymore, just an england b-team (ask jim hamilton :roll:)
E I
E I
E I
Oh! Up the rugby here we go!
When we win in europe, this is what we'll sing:
We are champions, We are champions Paddy Howard's King!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

one match down and we're on our way to the world cup! :roll: I think not, whilst our guys did an outstanding job there is hell of a lot of work to be done on that field.

For the first 20 minutes the team didn't play very well and that's where teams like France will crucify us........ they did pick it up but they need to play like that for 80 mins. Brilliant to see it though, I didn't think Vickery lead and he just couldn't bind!!

Fantastic display by Wilko and in my honest opinion HARRY ELLIS WAS MOST DEFINITELY MAN OF THE MATCH ... NO ROSE COLOURED GLASSES HERE - HARRY IS BACK AND WAS :censored: AWESOME.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

It was a good game, but there's no way we're world beaters yet. It's just one game!
Ed
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

here here bud
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Re: Looks live we're guna have a world cup this year guys...

Post by dailywaffle »

kornboy130 wrote:very good performance by england and france today, with ireland to come tomorrow - maybe NZ would be interested to see that they ar'nt just guna walk it next year - bring on september!!!
I've just realised .... you're John Inverdale, aren't you ? :wink:
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

when isaid "we're guna have a world cup" i didnt mean england are gonna win it - i meant that there is going to be some competition involved - seeing as englnad are returning to form and france and ireland are playing well. i do believe new zealand will win - but i just want it to be as hard as possible for them too win.