Harry E

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

Wilko was outstanding and never looked like he'd been 3 years out - fact
For a moment, I actually thought: Harry Ellis made life a whole lot easier for Wilko
Well play for both
LadyRugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by LadyRugger »

Ditto. Harry also set up alot of the other tries for England.
I need a hero, I'm holding our for a hero 'til the end of the night. He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight - I neeeeeeed one!!!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Harry was superb. :D

Scotland weren't. :cry:

Still, Big Jim didn't have a bad match. Looks rather spiffy in the blue, I must say.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Harry Ellis justified his selection today with a magical performance and a great performance from all concerned. Well done guys.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Philip J Gray
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Big Bad John wrote:Richard Hill = Blindside!

Lund scored a try, big deal! To be honest that isn't what he is in the team to do, that try would have been scored regardless of who was on the wing, but credit to him for that none the less. Lund is the team to support the player with the ball, tackle the fly half and turn the ball over. He failed to support any of the back play, from what I saw, and in my oppinion Jonny had to make too many tackles for him and Harry was the player pressurising Dan Parks.
MOODY = BLINDSIDE !!
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

g wrote:Really a bit sick of hearing Jonny this and Jonny that. The guy was even given a :censored: try that wasn't just because he was Jonny :censored: Wilkinson. If that had been Corry, Ellis, Tindall or whoever it wouldn't have been given but because it was JW the stupid TMO gave it. The whole :censored: team played well but all I heard was how :censored: wonderful JW was. No I'm not a fan he was a good player and may well become good again but all this hysteria is quite frankly pathetic IMO.

Oh and I agree with Austin the MOTM should have been given to Ellis.
That really is quite pathetic, JW gave that performance after playing no international Rugby for 3 years....

Yes, Harry was the best player on the pitch but let's be honest he has had some right stinkers for England as well.

JW was always going to MotM ,when Harry has reproduced that sort of form game after game then I'll start to rate him up there with JW.
I RESOLVE TO BE NICER THIS YEAR !
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

The most pathetic thing Nabuk is not my post but all the stupid hype and hysteria surrounding a bloke who has been out for 3 years so what if he has? One man does not make a team. And to award the guy a try just because of who he is is pathetic. Anyone could see that wasn't a try but because it's him then the TMO has to give it. It takes 15 men to win a game not :censored: one and look at how poor the opposition were. Lets see how good St Jonny is when he's up against a decent team.

I notice Dan Carter doesn't get all the hype that Wilko gets and I'm sure he is by far the better player than Wilko is.

We had all this rubbish about JW when England won the WC. What everyone forgot to realise was that it took 15 men on the field to win the game but because JW kicked the winning drop goal we had all the same rubbish as how JW won the WC for England and the same bandwagon is rolling along again after 1 game back.

I wonder if anyone will make such a big fuss when Richard Hill returns from long term injury somehow I think not.

As I said the pathetic thing is all the stupid hysteria surrounding one man who aint played rugby for 3 years.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Harry was simply awesome yesterday, great to watch...
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

Harry was absoloutly awesome !!

In my opinion he is currently the best scrum half in the Northern Hemisphere !!! 8)

Simply Outstanding !
WELL DONE HARRY !
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Superb game from HE. It just shows what you can do if you are allowed to play your natural game and not be asked to change it as AR tried to do and screwed HE up for a long period of time.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Bearded.Biker
Tiger Cub

Post by Bearded.Biker »

Quote to make you smile from Andy Farrell reported on Planet Rugby website:

"... and in the second half most of my running was chasing Harry Ellis!"

Well, it made me smile anyway.
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Nabuk wrote:
g wrote:Really a bit sick of hearing Jonny this and Jonny that. The guy was even given a :censored: try that wasn't just because he was Jonny :censored: Wilkinson. If that had been Corry, Ellis, Tindall or whoever it wouldn't have been given but because it was JW the stupid TMO gave it. The whole :censored: team played well but all I heard was how :censored: wonderful JW was. No I'm not a fan he was a good player and may well become good again but all this hysteria is quite frankly pathetic IMO.

Oh and I agree with Austin the MOTM should have been given to Ellis.
That really is quite pathetic, JW gave that performance after playing no international Rugby for 3 years....

Yes, Harry was the best player on the pitch but let's be honest he has had some right stinkers for England as well.

JW was always going to MotM ,when Harry has reproduced that sort of form game after game then I'll start to rate him up there with JW.
NABUK JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T AGREE WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS THERE IS NO NEED WHATSOEVER TO COME OUT WITH A COMMENT THAT THERE POST IS PATHETIC - IF YOU DON'T AGREE SAY IT BUT DON'T JUDGE OTHER PEOPLE.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
mike_6
Tiger Cub

Post by mike_6 »

nabuk, its called man of the match, there is a hint in that! its not called "they guy thats performed well in the last few games" or "the award for the guy thats come back from injury"

ellis was man of the match, i personally cannot understand why wilkinson got man of the match, ok he has come back from a long lay off, but, to be honest, he did exactly what was expected of him, kicked goals and bossed the game, just like a quality international ten should.

ellis was superb, definately back to his best.
Big Bad John
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Big Bad John »

Nabuk, I think you have missed my point entirely! Moody was dropped from the team precisely because he is a blindside flanker, and Ashton wanted to play more of a support runner to link up play before the ball went dead. In my oppinion Lund failed to do this. In fact I don't recall seeing him running on the shoulder of the ball carrier at any point, and he was no where to be seen when Harry was making his darting breaks. That is exactly when a big fast forward should be following his scrum half! I for one could see Harry desperately looking for support, how could you have missed it? I have no doubt, having watched them so often at club level, that had Moody been playing he would have been on Ellis' shoulder despite being a blindside!

The reason I highlighted Richard Hill was a blindside is beacuse it is not his primary objective to support the ball carrier, hence he was not as visible during games as Neil Back, the openside!

Perhaps I am being overly critical because Moody is one of my favorite players, and I was dissapointed he was not named in the first team. But it is irritating to see him dropped for someone who clearly wasn't as good in this game. For the record I think Worsley and Corry both had a great games at set piece and in the loose.
Get Some Baby!
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

BBJ - Lewis is injured - bad shoulder
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind