Super User
Super User

MAUGER - IT'S TRUE

Post by Gate »

Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

now we know some of the rumour and conjecture are true and as I said before it would just be nice if our club put together a quick paragraph and posted it on the news thread just to keep us informed.

Whether any of you agree or not it would put a stop to all this and just show us that we are being thought of and kept in the loop.....
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Any information has to be passed and agreed by the Board before it's posted.
And to be fair, they're not there 24/7. (That's just me and Iain....)
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I agree, but to be fair to the club, perhaps there are still formalities to sort out, so they would rather not put a big article in case it falls through. I can see both sides - on the one hand, we want to know who is coming in, but the club have to be cautious.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

And to be fair, this is posted in NZ, the other side of the world, where it's probably Monday already. It'll be on the front page here tomorrow. I just wanted to be first on the board with it. What a chab I am. :lol:
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

....why is his name pronounced "Major" ??

..just wondered ?! :wink:
andy182
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by andy182 »

This is my first post on here so a big hello to everyone.

This is FANTASTIC news. Mauger has been one of my favourite players for a long time. To see him not only in Ehgland but in a Tigers shirt is just immense. This news has made my weekend! So hope the deal does go ahead and I can't wait to see him in action!
Lozza
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Lozza »

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!! :twisted:

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!! :) :) :) :)
Lozza

Nothing is Impossible
Gibbo12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Gibbo12 »

Great News! :D
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Until it's confirmed by the club and officially put out on this site then it aint true.

So before everyone starts jumping around and waving their knickers in the air lets see if it becomes official, and that will only be when it's announced on here from the club.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Be waving yours the morra, then, g? :wink:

[And before you ask, I'm not waving mine. Strong men would faint dead away.]
MelChannerFan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by MelChannerFan »

As a matter of interest, there was a speedway star Ivan Mauger (also pronounced major). I think he was from NZ and may be related.

I think he also rode for Leicester Hunters speedway team many moons ago!
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

Without wishing to jump the gun, its looking fairly certain:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/3944132a1823.html
Blimey...
Crivvens
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crivvens »

And also...

All Blacks and Crusaders five-eighth Aaron Mauger will play in England after the Rugby World Cup.

The 26-year-old has signed a two and a half year contract with Leicester that begins in December.

“My immediate focus is the Rebel Sport Super 14 and getting selected for the All Blacks again,” said Mauger. “It’s good to have this deal done so I can focus on that challenge.”

The 38-Test veteran said he expected his stint in England to be temporary rather than permanent.

“As a family we are looking forward to having an overseas experience and this is probably the only opportunity we will get due to the ages of our children, as we would like them to start school in New Zealand, although our eldest will have to do a half year in Leicester. I’d also love to finish my career with Canterbury and if I’m still playing well enough possibly have a crack at the 2011 World Cup.”

All Blacks coach Graham Henry noted that Mauger had already played five years for the All Blacks and six at the Super 14 level.

“Aaron has been a very important member of the All Blacks for the past five years. He’s a world class player and has also made a significant contribution as a leader both on and off the field. His decision making ability has been integral to the All Blacks success.

“The team wishes Aaron and family an exciting and successful time at Leicester and look forward to their return to make a further contribution to New Zealand rugby in 2010.”

Mauger’s most recent start for the All Blacks was against England last November, although a knee injury restricted him to just that first match of the 2006 European tour. One of a group of All Blacks currently on a conditioning programme, he is expected to rejoin the Crusaders’ Rebel Sport Super 14 campaign in March.
Blimey...
Bud
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bud »

excellent news. exciting times!
Ed