Buying Tickets on line

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wing commander
Tiger Cub

Post by wing commander »

still trying-don't accept that we cant put facilities into this situation on a more regular basis-after all, its hardly a new thing for us. Why, for example, can people not pre-register for tickets-so after the Munster game we could have accessed an area of the site to reserve our seats, then paid for them later. Anyone not paying by a certain date would lose them

In addition, why is there no "queue" facility when you ring up-or is this a ploy to make more money
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

If you are a ST holder you can register to buy tickets online at any time after you get your ST. The tickets for this game ARE pre-reserved for you as a ST holder, when you get into your log in account they're there stating "reserved" and you move them into the shopping basket, you then go to checkout to pay.

This is the same sort of system used by many organisations, and the bandwidth of a website can only take so much traffic at one time before it clogs up and then crashes. That's not the Club's fault, it's technology's.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
wing commander
Tiger Cub

Post by wing commander »

This situation could easily be avoided if the club DID invest a bit more time/thought into what happens at peak times-However they appear not to care. From conversations I've had with other supporters today there is a groundswell of discontent-perhaps I could broaden the debate-for example, at the Bath game at the Walkers we were told our seats would be in the same comparable area as our seats at WR. Our seats at WR are on the 22m line. At the Walker's we're stuck down between the try and dead ball line, although the Walkers is a much bigger stadium-the perception is among a lot of long-term supporters that the club has become too money-orientated at the expense of the fans-I repeat, the club doesn't appear to care at the moment (I speak as a supporter who has been going to WR since 1971) and this is a shame. Whether this perception is accurate or not doesn't really matter, what matters is that it exists and the club need to try to alter it. By the way, got through on the 01162 number about 10 mins ago, so this is me in a good mood!!!
jonfez
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by jonfez »

I logged on at 9.00 to try and get my tickets. Filled in all the details and clicked purchase, then the site crashed. Eventually it said my card hadn't been debited so I tried again but was told no tickets are available. Checked my e-mail and have been given a confirmation number so I'm hoping it has all gone through properly despite the initial message.
Support the Matt Hampson Trust

www.matthampson.co.uk
CJ
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by CJ »

understand the tickets are reserved for me as a ST holder - anyone know how long for?

if the web site and ticket office are up to their ears in it, and I don't have to get through until next week or the week after, then I'll stop trying today and wait till it all dies down a bit.
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Systems were very slow when I got eventually got through this morning and the young lady said she would have to call me back. Credit to her becuase she had to call from her own personal mobile as the main phone system couldn't get a line out because it was that busy.
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

2pm (or 1400hrs to the Wing Commander)Just finally got through on the good old fashioned phone system - and fair play in the polite efficient manner I was dealt with by a clearly overworked member of Staff

But going back to my original point and agreeing with the WCs comments the online system really should be better - If it was i am sure people would use it and therefore cut down the pressure on the ticket office staff behind the window or on the phone

maybe our mischievious friend from the football club could comment on the the efficiency of their outfit when it comes to tickets (although I don't suppose they get to too many one off games qtrs,semis finals etc!!)
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Just to point out what was said on another thread - the online booking page had had over 7,000 hits by 10.30am.

If you're still trying online - my advice would be to wait until later this afternoon. Or even try about midnight! Remember online booking can take place 24/7
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

Brilliant, logged in at 0946 hrs and had paid and logged out by 0955 hrs.

Stunning improvement after previous years chaos.