Buying Tickets on line

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wing commander
Tiger Cub

Post by wing commander »

have been trying to access ticket sales on line since 10.00 keep being told its not possible-phone option wont put you in a queue-have to keep redialling. this is pathetic and unacceptable. are we or are we not a big club? put the facilities in!!!!

PS very happy for you guys who got your tickets easily, just dont come on here telling me how simple it was in a smug way! blood pressure rising dangerously-I think she's gonna blow!!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

pleased it's not just me!

keep getting "buying tickets unavailable"

Would quite like to get on with some work
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

I started phoning at 9 and have had no success - I even had two phones going at one point. Tried the online option as well, wouldn't work, even though it said my ticket was reserved I couldn't buy it, and now the website seems broken! We ARE the biggest club in England so why can't this be sorted??? :x
Tom Tom
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tom Tom »

Website purchase system crashed and therefore impossible.
Once you do get through on the 'phone you get all the recorded options taking over 2 minutes and then they just cut you off.
I can't believe how amateur the clubs administration can be sometimes.
After all its not as if it was sprung on them without notice is it :!: :x :x :x .
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I'm certainly not being smug, wing commander :) It took four attempts to get my ticket. The final (successful) time I logged out, closed all the windows, re-opened the site and began again from scratch. Even then it was very slow.

The thing I will say is that your tickets ARE reserved in your name, and it appears that they will remain reserved for a while - I know the ticket office said first come first served but in essence, I am just trying to reassure that if you don't get through til this afternoon or evening, your ticket is still reserved on the online page.

Yes, we are a big club - but there are extra staff on, and the technology of a website is such that if a ton of people try to log on at the same time (i.e. 9am) chances are the server will crash.

I know how frustrating and annoying and hair-tearing-out this kind of thing can be, having spent many hours trying to buy online tickets for various concerts that were sold out inside 10 minutes! In fact one show at Shepherds Bush Empire - tickets went on sale at 8am, I logged on at 7.59, got my tickets at 8.01 and by 8.6 the concert was sold out. :shock:

Take a deep breath, it will work, just keep trying.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

I bought my ticket at 8.55 on the web. No problems.
Simmo
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

With Rizzo on this one. Having previously had the pleasure of building, designing and managing Call Centres the number of operators (staff) and lines needed to deal with the sort of demand the ticket office must be getting this morning is beyond the club (regardless of how big or otherwise we are). You just wouldn't carry that sort of infrastructure to deal with what is in essence a once in a while situation. The same goes for the website.

It seems to me (and again it is only my opinion) that the club is doing everything in its power (within their given technological infrastructure) to deal with the demand.

We have probably the best website of any team, links to live broadcast and video clips etc. The on-line purchasing of shop items, courses and tickets is normally hassle free and a pleasure to use. It is just probably getting the sort of hammering the munster front row got last weekend. It's going to creak and crack abit. But it will be back and I'm sure those trying will get through or get their tickets soon.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Keep getting

You have exceeded the inactivity time limit and have been automatically logged out.

Even when I am super quick!!

Not happy bunny. Back to work now. Will try late tonight.

But,as a STH Do I have to register to buy a ticket?
fatbast

Post by fatbast »

I tried online this morning but my password suddenly wasn't regognised in spite of the fact that it's always worked previously...following that i tried ringing but the system crashed so i got on my toes and had a wander to the ground, i joined a fairly long queue up in the Next stand and it took around an hour all in but it wasn't particually tough and most folk there were having a chat and a chuckle, just got in clutching my prized Terrace tickets, one for me using my ST and one for my pal using his, top banana!

I was amazed to hear people in the queue thinking they could buy multiple tickets using one ST, a chap behind me wanted eight and thought he wouldn't have a drama despite everyone around him telling him differently, he was soon put in his place at the ticket office window and suddenly it was the Tigers fault for not telling him...i guess there's always one :roll:

The Girls in the Ticket office were mega busy, the phone didn't stop ringing and the queues were getting bigger and bigger, all credit to them for keeping at it and in good humour too, i'd have hated to have been on the other side of that window this morning!
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep - not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
tonytiger

Post by tonytiger »

Rizzo's right, be patient, it isn't easy or cost effective to up the capacity of a web site's shopping section in 4 days to cater for an initial rush. My seat was pre reserved so chill out and try later. Don't use this as another excuse to "beat the club with" I'm sure they are trying their best, especially the front line staff.

Chill out we will all be there on the 1st April and for the semi and the final.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Phil B wrote:Keep getting

You have exceeded the inactivity time limit and have been automatically logged out.

Even when I am super quick!!

Not happy bunny. Back to work now. Will try late tonight.

But,as a STH Do I have to register to buy a ticket?
If you are a ST holder and you have bought tickets online before, you will be registered with a password and have an account.
If you are a ST holder and have not registered already or bought tickets online before, you will need to register (or activate your account) before you can buy tickets online. That's what I was told yesterday.
Unfortunately, the only way to register and activate is to ring the ticket office
:(

If you keep getting the error message mentioned above, try logging out, closing your browser. Have a cup of coffee. then try again.
Demelza - another Mother
boomshanka10

Post by boomshanka10 »

finally got through and got my tickets ..only took 2 1/2 hours... Phone system is a pain and online is even worse but as we have this situation nearly every year shouldn't we think about getting it all sorted...
Hats off to all the staff in the ticket office
ianb

Post by ianb »

If you keep getting the error message mentioned above, try logging out, closing your browser. Have a cup of coffee. then try again.

There is a limit to how many cups of coffee that you can drink :D
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

ianb wrote:

There is a limit to how many cups of coffee that you can drink :D
:lol: could you tell my boss that?
Demelza - another Mother
wing commander
Tiger Cub

Post by wing commander »

still trying-don't accept that we cant put facilities into this situation on a more regular basis-after all, its hardly a new thing for us. Why, for example, can people not pre-register for tickets-so after the Munster game we could have accessed an area of the site to reserve our seats, then paid for them later. Anyone not paying by a certain date would lose them

In addition, why is there no "queue" facility when you ring up-or is this a ploy to make more money