Some Season Tickets more equal than others?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Jeez your lucky to be playing at home against a team who don't bring many fans. Try being a Munster fan facing the measly ammount of tickets we will be offered for the game. It's only right that with the limitations on Welford Rd. That the people who invested their money on a Full season ticket, get prioritory over someone who has'nt. It's not even guarenteed yet that all of those the will get tickets for the game. But hopefully Stade' will take only a few 100 of their allocation. And all the full, then G.P only S.T holders will get a ticket. Who knows if thats the case there may even be a few left over for members etc. with the game being held at W.R, this ticket scenario was always going to be the case. The players, management & fans who called for the game not to be moved down the Rd knew this. The 'club' can only adapt their ticket allocation accordingly.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

stevetelcom2000 wrote: Who knows if thats the case there may even be a few left over for members etc.
members can put there name down on the list same time as GP STH i believe
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

kevf wrote:
stevetelcom2000 wrote: Who knows if thats the case there may even be a few left over for members etc.
members can put there name down on the list same time as GP STH i believe
With the game being on a Sunday there will be those that can't make it. That will help some of course. Swings & roundabouts really.
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Rizzo wrote:(although why it matters so much to have "your" seat I don't know)
I wasn't there last night.

It matters to me because I will have to buy online, due to being at work. This means I have to log in to buy my ticket, then log in as the wife to buy her ticket. We'd rather not be at opposite ends of the ground...
colincat
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by colincat »

actually,tjs i did not have to ask about exclusions i was quite clearly told that only exclusion was pool matches,and also that on renewal we can pay the extra money,£30-£40 to a full season ticket.
this being the case what happens if we get this far next season and have a home draw?
the percentage of full season ticket holders will increase and the ground capacity will not?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

unohoo wrote:

It matters to me because I will have to buy online, due to being at work. This means I have to log in to buy my ticket, then log in as the wife to buy her ticket. We'd rather not be at opposite ends of the ground...
There is a facility to "add family members" to your season ticket online account - then you can buy for both together.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

colincat wrote:actually,tjs i did not have to ask about exclusions i was quite clearly told that only exclusion was pool matches,and also that on renewal we can pay the extra money,£30-£40 to a full season ticket.
this being the case what happens if we get this far next season and have a home draw?
the percentage of full season ticket holders will increase and the ground capacity will not?
You must have misheard somebody. I'm sure you can pay the extra money if there is a season ticket available. If not you will be unable to, since for games like this the number of full season tickets is capped at 75%.

In my eyes you have bought a season ticket for all Guinness Premiership matches at Welford Road. If I had bought one I would never have assumed that I should have first call on any Heineken Cup quarter final at Welford Road.
colincat
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by colincat »

no i did not mishear,told the same thing twice!
i have never made any assumption and with all due respects same can be said of all season ticket holders,the price difference between the two was only £30,not £100 plus,if this was the case then fair enoughbut i do object to having only the same access as members who only pay around £25 year and not all of them are true supporters.
ticket office have told me that the list for all opens 19 feb,then we have to wait for returns from stade,next year it will be cheaper to revert back to doing what i used to,pay to be a member and get access to tickets such as quat finals at the same time as gp season ticket holders.
Prol

Post by Prol »

Iain wrote:If I had bought one I would never have assumed that I should have first call on any Heineken Cup quarter final at Welford Road.
I'm not sure assumptions have been made on this one, as I was certainly told the only exclusion was for HC pool games. And it isn't a matter of first call but more equal call.
Sherpa2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Sherpa2 »

The following is what I have gleaned from other threads during the debates on whether the game should be at WR or Walkers.

1. Only 75% of the capacity is sold as Full Season Tickets - in order to protect the 25% requirement for away support.
2. Once that 75% is sold the GP Season Tickets kick in - from what I can gather you don't get to choose the type of ST you get.

This did not happen last year and led to a lot of bad feeling and may actually have forced the Management into moving the venue.

As I say, I do not know this first hand but I thought it might take some of the rancour out of this thread - I hope so and I hope all GP-ST and Members who want a ticket can get one - another comment in the other thread suggested Stade normally only bring a few hundred fans to away games so lets hope thats true.
I used to be indecisive now I just can't make up my mind
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

If the Club read this thread maybe they will realise that we really need to develop the ground to a bigger capacity!

I would be happy to go back to the Walkers, it is not the fault of a Stadium that we've played cr*p twice there, as a spectator sport I think, if possible, we should try and serve as big a market as possible and Welford Road isn't big enough for occassions such as this. Maybe we should have a cinder bank instead of the A&L Stand and have it as a terrace to hold more people and maybe a smaller bank at the clubhouse end!

Having said that, having been a full season ticket holder for nearly 25 years who also lives locally I'm in the fortunate position that I ought not to have a problem getting my ticket (if I queue on Saturday morning).
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Rizzo wrote:
unohoo wrote:

There is a facility to "add family members" to your season ticket online account - then you can buy for both together.
Thanks for that, I'll look. Ticket Office said it couldn't be done.
steadysteve
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by steadysteve »

GP season tickets are only available because of the 75% restriction for European games, so it stands to reason that tickets will be offered to full season ticket holders first.
What I don't understand is why the mad rush surely you have untill 19/02 to get your ticket (if you are a full season ticket holder), as there is only 75% of the stadium capacity allocated to full season tickets.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

And is third class with no chance at all, yet again, of getting a ticket are the members. Well at least the Directors and Management will get a good seat won't they. Perhaps they should give theirs up as an example?
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Many of them - and the players - are cutting right down on their own ticket allocations gkbradley - and corporate being cut down to bare minimum. The Club are trying to do what they can.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother