Leicester v Stade Francais at Welford Road

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Leicester v Stade Francais at Welford Road

Post by tigermad »

Just read on Leicester Tigers website that Leicester wil play their Heineken Cup Quarter Final at Welford Road. It is great news following the result in Limerick last weekend and good news for supporters as it offers the team every chance of progressing to the semi-finals, which will be played at a neutral venue in England. Any thoughts on this boys and girls?

LEICESTER TIGERS
:P :lol: 8) :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :lol: :wink:
Last edited by tigermad on Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Philip J Gray
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leicester v Stade Francais at Welford Road

Post by kevf »

BelperJon wrote:
tigermad wrote:It is great news following the result in Limerick last weekend and good news for supporters as it offers the team every chance of progressing to the semi-finals, which will be played at a neutral venue in England.
"...will be played at a neutral venue in England". Assuming the Tigers win that is. :roll:
if there is doubt in your mind please go and empty it :lol: :lol:
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Bunchy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Bunchy »

OK - we know (and applaud) the venue, what about when the game will be ?
Less is more....
WiganTiger

Post by WiganTiger »

so those of us that commit to a season ticket (but who go to all the EDF games, a lot of away games and the "lesser HC games like Bourgoign" stand absolutley cack all chance of a ticket then.
Leicester: Home to Premiership Rugby, First Class Cricket (we;;, sort of) and Third Division Football
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Don't follow you Wigan, if you are a STH then you have every chance of getting a ticket, don't you?
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

As far as I know Sky have allocated fixtures till the end of March. They have Fri slot @ 19:30 And Sat evening 17:30 for ERC 1/4 finals. Unless they add an earlier Sat fixture, it looks as though the other 2 slots will be Sunday.
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Tickets for the 1/4 final go on sale from Fri to full season ticket holders on a 1st come 1st served basis. Although time & date not known at the moment.
waster
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by waster »

Dave W wrote:Don't follow you Wigan, if you are a STH then you have every chance of getting a ticket, don't you?

I know what you mean Wigan, Living so far away it may be difficult at 9am on Friday to travel down to queue but you could always try the ticket office by phone, although that will be chocka.

The other hope is that Stade won't sell their allocation and there will be returns from France available at short notice prior to the match.

Anyway, I'm still smilling from last weekend and still just getting over the hangover!

What a weekend!!! What a trip!!!
keef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by keef »

well they do listen to us then!
great news.
The Future's Bright,The Future's Stripey!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

This is just ridiculous. Play at WR and we are bound to win? Play at the CB and we are bound to loose? NO, NO, NO this is just silly superstition that could result in lots of egg on lots of faces.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Please Tigers, an impassioned plea from a loyal lifetime supporter and entrusted forum moderator (got to count for something!) to play this game on the FRIDAY NIGHT! Saturday or Sunday I cannot do, as my so-called Tigers supporting sister is getting married overseas and I fly out on the Saturday. Fancy a Tigers fan arranging to get married and setting a date before double checking all eventualities on the fixture list?? No dodging it unfortunately. Just this once can I be forgiven for begging for a Friday game??
Gray

Post by Gray »

Like Iain I'll be buying a ticket for a game I may not be able to attend....so there may be the possiblilty that one or two tickets will become available when the game date is announced.

If the game is on the Saturday Iain won't be able to attend; on a Sunday then neither Iain nor myself will be able to go, but if it's on the Friday then neither of us will have a ticket for sale.

Anyone want first refusal on my standing ticket.....?
scuff

Post by scuff »

Iain wrote:Please Tigers, an impassioned plea from a loyal lifetime supporter and entrusted forum moderator (got to count for something!) to play this game on the FRIDAY NIGHT! Saturday or Sunday I cannot do, as my so-called Tigers supporting sister is getting married overseas and I fly out on the Saturday. Fancy a Tigers fan arranging to get married and setting a date before double checking all eventualities on the fixture list?? No dodging it unfortunately. Just this once can I be forgiven for begging for a Friday game??
Sorry Iain but i dont think it will be up to Leicester when we play it will down to a company called SKY

:evil:
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

Thats the one thing I cling to! I don't think the club would willingly play it on the Friday, but if the Sky TV lottery puts us on on a Friday night then we're laughing! Or at least I am!