A question for the Nottingham (Tigers) on here ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

LCFC

A question for the Nottingham (Tigers) on here ?

Post by LCFC »

Do all you fans from Nottingham support the Tigers because:

1, It is the Man U effect look for the most succesful team and support them ?
2, You have changed codes from football to rugby because your football team is doing so bad ?
3, Its used as a way of getting out of the gun and crime capital of England for a few hours a week ?

Just wondering like as I thought Nottingham had its own rugby club. :wink:
Will-T
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Will-T »

So now, we're the the most successful team? Change of tone there eh? Im a forest fan, and a tigers fan, and have had season tickets at both grounds. But i would like to point you to the website title. www.leicestertigers.com
This is a rugby site, a rugby forum, for rugby fans.

And before you try to wind forest fans up (even though there aint many of us!) i invite you to have a look at what trophys LCFC have won, compared to Forest. oh, and who are playing at Stamford Bridge on Sunday? Im also pretty sure that Forest get pretty close to LCFC's average attendance, even though we are the division below.
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Just ignore this guy.

He's nothing but a wind-up merchant.

I thought all schools were back after the Christmas break but it seems this lad's school is still on holidays & he's all lonely.
rufcut

Post by rufcut »

or sick
smith482
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by smith482 »

He's on the wrong forum, don't city have their own.
LCFC

Post by LCFC »

Damned if I do damned if I don’t !

I tried to start a perfectly reasonable debate up, it was not a wind up.

The questions I asked all seemed like good topics of conversation. I simply wanted to know why a person from Nottingham would support a team from Leicester when they have their own rugby team, why is that a wind up.

Yes I did know Notts Forest won the European cup, twice you know, I also know they are the only club to do so and be relegated to the third tier of football. Anyway enough of that this is a rugby forum.

Questions 1 and 2 were not wind up questions simply questions to Nottingham fans of the Tigers. It is strange that you would support a club in a different city.

Yes the third question was a bit tongue in check, but very true never the less. Nottingham is the most crime ridden city in England, all reports produced have shown that.
:)
Dave W
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Dave W »

Possible answer to your question maybe - I got in to rugby about 6 years ago (played a bit when i was in the Army but always prefered football, forest tattoo on leg to prove it....)when I took my father in law to watch tigers vs Wasps as sky were giving away free tickets as it was the first game of the season. Anyway, didn't know much about rugby but really enjoyed it so said to f-i-l, whoever wins this game, I will follow. Luckilly for me Oz went over in the corner with about 20 seconds to go and Tigers won. The rest is history as they say. Wasn't aware of any of the history surrounding Tigers, the amateur game, tigers or Bath's success but am now a season ticket holder and have been for 5 years.
Never move faster than your guardian angel can fly...
Will-T
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Will-T »

'seemed like good topics of conversation' being the key phrase.

Who cares where supporters are from, they support the team, they can support whoever they want.

You can't say that if LCFC were in the conference, you would go, along with every other person who goes now. And if your trying to get a hold of city loyalty, surely you would be supporting the Tigers rather than making points that dont even have a proper meaning!
cal
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by cal »

Tigers was the first rugby match I went to and i've followed them since then. I do follow Nottingham and have friends who are in the Nottingham set up, but i'm much more a support of Tigers.

There's also a bit of politics between my club and Nottingham that prevent me being an 'open' Nottingham supporter at my club. I'd get lynched if I wore my Nottingham shirt to training!
Will-T
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Will-T »

another thing about Nottingham RFC and Tigers, is that we share a lot of coaching staff, and players on loan, a feeder club of sorts. So most nottingham supporters (that I know) support tigers as well, and it goes both ways.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Tigers have fans posting on here from a lot further away than Nottingham :wink:
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

i live in stourbridge... and follow stourbridge RFU, i also support the tigers next nearest or was when i started supporting them, would be worcestor but not going to chnage my allegiance now...

I originally come from just outside middlesbrough (redcar who also have a rugby team i like to keep an eye on) i never really supported rugby of any sort when i was at school as we never really played it... i got into watching rugby when i was in the RAF... when i left the RAF i settled in stourbridge and started to go to a few matches... stourbidge as much as i want them to do well they don't and i suppose never will have big games.. they did play coventry two years ago...

Location where you live is irelevant in rugby.. london irish are in Reading but used to be in London same as wasps.... so your question is largely irelevant.... people will support who ever they are drawn too...

your question is slighlty flawed by your own addmission any way..

1 you have already said we haven't had the most success recently and now you are saying we have.
2 I personally can't stand the prima donnas of football the high wages etc but i know a lot of people who enjoy both sports for there own merits.. so i doubt those forest supporters have stopped supporting forest... they merely support both.. no problem in that

as for your second mail why is it strange... people support football clubs in different cities for many reasons.. as said i am from the north east but my fathers family are scousers... when i was younger much younger i supported everton because my dad did.. no sinister reason and it can't be said in the 70's everton where a force in football...

I think your problem is not that you are asking question.. which i don't suppose anyone will mind but they way you are asking them..

A simple question of why would someone from nottingham support tigers when they have a team in nottingham would have worked.. assuming that the fact that have location as nottingham you assume they come from nottingham.... which is a false assumption i assume... you assume that they have chnaged codes without asking if they still support county or forest...

So a question to you..

Do you have an interest in rugby and are you trying to learn more?

Or as someone has said are you just trying to wind people up?
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

BelperJon wrote:
Rizzo wrote:Tigers have fans posting on here from a lot further away than Nottingham :wink:
Me for example!

I played rugby in the RAF for 14 years. One day in the clubhouse at RAF Wyton after a match, a young officer suggested I might go along to Welford Road and watch a game: his name was Rory Underwood. The rest is history.
hey belper what did you do in the RAF?
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Points 2 and 3 made me laugh out loud, even if point 3 is not correct (But I'll not go into that on here).

I live in Nottingham and support Tigers. I come from Leicester and supported Tigers since I was a kid. If I move further away from Leicester, I will still support Tigers.

I also keep an eye open for Nottingham RFC's results, as well as Leicester City FC and Nottingham Forests. Who'd a thunk it???
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Bearded.Biker
Tiger Cub

Post by Bearded.Biker »

Okay LCFC, giving you the benefit of the doubt and this is a serious debate, why restrict it just to Nottingham. Accepting there is a little of the Man U / Liverpool effect here of following a top club, why do any of us support any club in particular. The easy answer is it is your home club but as Rizzo said, we have fans on the forum from all over the world.

Personally, I have followed Tigers since I was a not so wee lad living in Hertfordshire when I had a choice of any of the London Clubs. Don’t ask me why I cannot remember.

Several moves and many, many years later I find myself in the Tamworth/Lichfield area and guess what, I can now actually go to the ground. More than that I show my support by working at Welford Road.

Who knows why anyone really supports one team over another. What does matter is that we do, no matter what discipline you follow. We are the lifeblood of the club and derive (hopefully) pleasure from watching ‘our’ teams perform and rejoice in their achievements.