Welford Road for the 1/4s

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Quarter Finals - Welford Road or not?

Welford Road - where else?
90%
Walkers Stadium
5%
Don't care where as long as I can get a ticket!
4%

Total votes: 73

SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Welford Road for the 1/4s

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

I know this will mean that I won't get a ticket but I believe that we must play the quarter final at Welford Road.

Maybe a show of support on this thread?

(Rizzo - maybe a sticky or poll to judge support?)
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Stuart Kirk
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Stuart Kirk »

Definately!

After the farce at the walkers last year this is the only way forward. The board must realise that there is more profit potential from 3 rounds than 1.
JimboC
Tiger Cub

Post by JimboC »

I have been told by someone within the club that although the Board don't meet until Thursday, the general feeling is that home advantage should be kept and keep the game at Welford Rd, although I don't know how Stade will get 4000+ tickets.
The atmosphere will be great as always, just a pity so many other fans will not be able to get in.
The Walkers is and will remain to be an excellent stadium, and those of you who believe it is the ground that caused such a poor performance against Bath should go to the bottom of your gardens and take photos of fairies. The other game at the Walkers versus Toulouse, was always going to be very tough because at the time they were the best team in Europe.

Well done to Tigers on Saturday; it was the greatest all round team performance I've had the pleasure to watch.
Bring on Stade wherever it is played.
Jimbo C.
WiganTiger

Post by WiganTiger »

Problem with HC quarter finals is that 25% of tickets have to go to visiting supporters, so Welford Road, with all its Season Ticket holders just couldn't have coped with an all English semi final (unless it was Sale!) We'd have the same problem if it was Munster as well. As French sides do not traditionally take a lot of fans to away games we should be alright for this one. Unless, of course you're prepared to give up your seat to enable the game to go ahead at WR.
Leicester: Home to Premiership Rugby, First Class Cricket (we;;, sort of) and Third Division Football
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

I'll make it a poll rather than a sticky (Or else I'll get someone moaning that there are too many stickies :lol: )
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Ben the Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Ben the Tiger »

Easy! WR every time
tigerb

Post by tigerb »

I know that Welford Road is a fortress but it is too small for the big games. We filled the Walkers last year so that means there are thousands of fans out there who'd love to see the Tigers play and would surely go to the Walkers again. More fans makes us a bigger club. Let's not reserve the big games exclusively for season ticket holders.

Apparently Munster are unbeatable at home. Apparently Tigers can't win at the Wakers. Not anymore.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

This is from the Mercury.
Stade are entitled to a 25 per- cent ticket allocation but, as French supporters do not traditionally travel in large numbers Tigers would probably be able to accommodate all of their season-tickets holders.

As I have been saying umpteen times the French won't travel so there should be enough tickets for Tigers fans to go to WR.
kingneptuneii
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kingneptuneii »

and anyone who managed to get a munster ticket should be put at the back of the list :wink:
Never mind the ball, get on with the game!!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I'm only writing what I've just read in the Mercury.There will be a meeting between the players and the board this week to decide where this tie is going to be played.
Bondi

Post by Bondi »

wr - no decision here!!
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

30,000 people roaring Tigers on, lay the hoodoo to rest and actually turn up for a game at the Walkers.
chappie
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by chappie »

Welford Road please, as much as the club tried last year the Walkers is no Welford road. :)
Franck Tournaire Number 1 fan.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Welford Road for me and my gang, for sure!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother