Returning Tigers fans - check in here!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Great stories from everyone...I am so jealous ! Been to Thormond Park to see Sale last year, so know what the atmosphere is, but that must have been a bit special. Just watching it on TV was fantastic, and having watched it 4 times since (in full) it just gets better and better !
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

We (3) left work at 4pm Friday. Collected fourth member at Cambridge airport (he was the birthday boy). Got to Stansted early but time enough to celebrate and eat before the 9.40 flight.
Big taxi shortage at Limerick, I wonder why? Got to the Two Mile Inn around midnight to find the place taken over by Tiger fans - marvellous! Had a few, Stevetelecomm was there in fine form. Got to bed around 3.
Saturday, went to Jerry Flannerys for a pint or two, met a great guy Michael who had a few stories to tell. Had lunch and bought a few prezzies to bring back to my other half. Went back to the Inn to change into clothing more suitable to the weather - glad we did!!

Got to the ground far too early but got a good pitch on the North stand. The game! What else can you say that has not been said already? Went back to Jerry's after the game - fine time with the many Munster guys and girls. Got our photo taken for the local paper being published today. The photog has promised me a copy by email. I will publish it as soon as I get it. Had trouble getting out of the pub too many people!! Went back to the Inn saw the last of the game from RTE and the assassination of Munster by the media. Hit the sack around 1.
Sunday, up at 6.30 couldn't sleep anymore - brain reliving the game. Met Paul Burke at the airport along with many of the others including PH) Paul is back this week after his injury, he gave a rundown of what the guys got up to on Saturday night.

All in all a great weekend - as good if not better than Dublin? Made even better by the hospitality of the Munster folk and very kind assistance from the people of Limerick whenever we needed help and directions.
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
bigbob

Post by bigbob »

Back on Tuesday flight to EMA and still a large number of Tigers making their way home. :D :D :D

Fantastic weekend :D , made by the friendliness of Limerick and the result. Started with walking into Flannery's on Thursday night, and Jerry Senior running out from behind the bar and welcoming us to Limerick. Everyone in the bar shook our hands, and that's pretty much how it continued. I have to admit I think it would be a struggle for a Munster fan to be welcomed in the same way in a Leicester pub. They really are Rugby mad in Limerick - we could learn a lot.

Hope we can have another meeting in the semi. :D