Returning Tigers fans - check in here!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerstotty
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerstotty »

Got back around 1am this morning, tired but happy.

We were sat behind the goal we were defending in the first half, with the wind and the rain belting down towards us - but it was worth it!

What a great weekend, everyone was so friendly and graceful in their defeat.

One downside - boys, the bottom burps after drinking copious amounts of guiness - not nice!!!!
Louis Cipher
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Louis Cipher »

Worst landing ever into Cork on Friday, we almost barrelrolled onto the runway and managed to use all of it stopping.

Met Mick Galway in Clohesseys

Drank too much

Met Slash in Dolans

Managed to keep hold of both my mobile and wallet

Lost count of the number of people who said we would not win at Thomond Park, and then congratulated us when we did.

:twisted:
I'm a little devil
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Great Landing in Shannon. My phone didn't work, but got round it well enough!!

Woodfield Hotel was very nice, and enjoyed the breakfasts. Can't go wrong with a full breakfast!!Easy walks into the city.

The warm hospitality of a certain old lady in St Rita's where some of our Tiger fans were staying. Whisky in tea inclusive!! :wink:

Enjoyed the drinking sessions very much, the very friendly Munster and Tigers fans. Dolan's - what a hang-out!! Clarion Hotel wasn't bad to drink in either! :wink: :wink: Superb company from all Tigers and Munster fans I met.

Saw the Munster players training near a car park - you don't see that very often!!

Enjoyed the game, even more so for the Tigers great performance, and what a showing by our guys. They captured the Tigers spirit. It will go down as one of the great results in Tigers' history. What a feeling in walking across the hallowed Thomond Park turf and seeing some of our players so close, Geordan, Leo, Ian and George. They undid a Thomond legend!! Wow!! :D :D

Mention again to all the Munster fans who were so magnaminous in defeat and congratulatory of Tigers. What rugby spirit. Seeing Roy Jackson and Dusty Hare at the Clarions was something too.

Limerick itself is a city with much history and some grand old buildings to see. Rivers, and a charm in abundance. A rugby spirit, and the great Irish charm, friendliness, and spirit in abundance. :D :D :D :D

SLAINTE AND HERE'S TO ANOTHER LIMERICK VISIT AND MORE GUINNESS!!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Where's me good mate Nik? :roll: She aint checked in yet. I hope she hasn't got lost or is still drunk and sleeping it off on some park bench somewhere. :shock:
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

orla - mumha abú! wrote:im not a tiger but thought i would log in anyway.

didnt get to go to the game in the end as i came down with a stomach bug. was absolutely gutted. but then it rained, we lost and i was still sick so i was glad i didnt make the trek anyway.

well done tigers!
.......And there's me depending on you as a fellow hang over sufferer! Comiserations on both the illness and the result and hope both you and your team return to strength soon.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
wykinstoker1

Safe arrival

Post by wykinstoker1 »

did not get a ticket so spent the match in Claws (only 2 tigers fans in) Made very welcome by all Munster fans, who congratulated us after the win and said the best team won.

Security guard at Cork airport congratulated us and he has bought his ticket for the final. Hoping it is going to be a Leicester vs Munster final.

Thanks go to all Munster fans for making it a great weekend
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

I forgot to mention something else!! :oops: :oops:

Before the game, at about 4.00, Pat came across to the North Terrace to have a chat with the Tigers fans in the North Terrace. He asked us, or very similiar, how we were, how we were getting on, and said to us to enjoy the match.

The Munster fans near me were touched by Pat's gesture and so were we. It was tremendous of Pat to do that and I know he has had much criticism on these forums, from myself included, I have to admit, but it shows what a character he really is and how to really get in touch with the rugby fans. :D :D :D

GRREAT ONE PAT, THANKS!! :D :D :D :D
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Got back this afternoon and have just arrived home after spending the last 3 hours in A&E after my little accident before the match!! all will be revealed!!

We arrived Thursday evening and headed straight into town and arrived at Dolans, the Munster supporters in there were absolutely brilliant and welcomed us, Ruck, Bosco and Will came over and we blethered into the early hours .......... my hubby had his first taste of guinness and nearly drank the place dry.

Friday we had a look round and met up with Lil'Bob et el at Souths then went to Dolans and met up with more brilliant Munster supporters. What struck us all was nobody in Limerick believed that Leicester would win, there was no discussion, no thought about it it just wasn't going to happen. The Banter was excellent and the people were so so friendly, but as I've said nobody believed Munster would lose the match.

Saturday we had lunch in town and then a slow walk to the Stadium, we walked past the Clarion hotel and I said to my hubby, 'there's the Munster munch team' so we went and watched them go through their set moves in the car park ...... bizzare really, they were really pumped up.

On our walk up to the ground I fell in the middle of a main road, what really annoyed me was that I hadn't had a drink and I knew it looked really funny, if it wasn't me I'd be pee'ing myself - but it hurt really badly, I thought i'd broken my knee cap (the rest of the weekend my knee was numb due to the alcohol cosumed!!) - hence the hospital visit because it's got worse haha

When we got to the ground we made our way to the North stand, Cozza and the boys came out and Cozza took a walk around the pitch, I shouted over 'Good luck Cozza' and he waved to us all, which delighted all the Leicester supporters and we cheered him on. I then shouted out to Pat and he came over to talk to us all, brilliant touch, the Munster supporters were pretty impressed too.

When the guys ran out onto the pitch for the match I just started shouting 'their in their home kit, they've got our home kit on', I don't know why but this filled me with confidence.

What a match, I've never been to one so intense. The Munster supporters we stood with said they'd never known Thomond Park to be so quiet - brilliant. The only thing was behind us there were some supporters (munster) that had really really vile mouths on them, the f and c words most common used ..... I've never ever ever heard that on a rugby terrace and to be honest they were disrespecting their own.

After the match we sang to Stuart Barnes, I kissed Leo's dad and told him to tell him he can't leave us, saw Ian Humphries who had the biggest smile on his face ever, had a kiss off Peter Tom :shock: :lol: absolutely brilliant, brilliant atmosphere.

The majority of Munster supporters congratulated us, shook our hands and wished us well, they all expressed a hope that we'd meet again in the final - well crazier things have happened.

I have to say how very very proud I am of the team, Ian Humphries - yes in writing guys - has made that 10 shirt his own with his performance, excellent - THE WHOLE TEAM WERE ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT - LEAD BY A BRILLIANT CAPTAIN - WELL DONE LADS.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
Bill W
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W »

Orla is just cross that she missed a free lunch!! Claire and Rose enjoyed it though!! Or at least they said they did (always polite Irish lasses!) Actually Rose's face when she saw the chocolate pudding was an absolute delight!

And thanks for the Munster Pin girls - will now have particular significance.

Once Pat explained the game plan to me (Yep! I sat next to him on the flight out!!!) I knew it was "in the bag". Still haven't got my voice back though!!
Lux Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Lux Tiger »

What can I say???.....a truly brilliant weekend.

Great meeting up with Nik (and Marion :wink: ), and co. in South's and Dolan's on Friday night. Great hospitality by the local supporters.

Wonderful moment on the pitch at the end. You would have thought we had won the cup...it was that good.

Here's a link to a pic of me with George Chuter on the pitch at the end.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7674 ... ark8ir.png
ThinLizzy

Post by ThinLizzy »

Hey guys,
Dissapointed Munster Fan here!
I just have to say well done, if any team was going to come and take the record, well the manner in which ye played and bossed us all over "the field" ye thoroughly deserved the win and your fans that i met were gracious in victory and appreciated what the whole thing meant to us. I think everyone had a great weekend regardless of the result, hope we see you in the final!

Well Done!
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

Im back :lol:
ruck
Tiger Cub

Post by ruck »

Nik,
Glad to see you got back alright. Your hubby must be gutted that he won't be having anymore Guinness for a while. Thanks for the Tigers hat, you'll be delighted to know that I wore it yesterday whilst out jogging. I got some mighty strange looks. :oops: :lol:
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Lux Tiger wrote:What can I say???.....a truly brilliant weekend.

Great meeting up with Nik (and Marion :wink: ), and co. in South's and Dolan's on Friday night. Great hospitality by the local supporters.

Wonderful moment on the pitch at the end. You would have thought we had won the cup...it was that good.

Here's a link to a pic of me with George Chuter on the pitch at the end.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7674 ... ark8ir.png
Great photo, LuxTiger - what a memory!
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Caerlyr Osprey
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Caerlyr Osprey »

Got back on Sunday night but not had to access to my pc till now but me & Mrs Osprey had a cracking time out in Limerick. Mrs O especially liked seeing the players in the departure lounge at EMA on Friday afternoon.

Mrs O also got introduce to away trip drinking: start early, have 2 hip flasks for the game and keep going until the hotel bar closes.

The people we met out there were really friendly - they were still wanting to shake our hands and wish us well done on Sunday. Although why they thought we had spare tickets from I'll never know.

Also had the bbc radio leicester guys in the row behind us on the flight home - so thats what Bleddyn Jones looks like!
Swansea Cricket & Football Club - The First British Club Side To Beat The All Blacks, Springboks & Wallabies.
The Ospreys The First Welsh Region To Beat A Touring Side
Leicester Football Club The First Back To Back Winners of The European Cup