Why visiting teams lose at Thomond!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

scuff

Post by scuff »

[quote="Shedman"]
We are in the HC 1/4 s with 1 game to spare and ye are out with a game to spare
quote]

How do you know your in them with a game to spare that is not a fact just opinion, For all we know you could wll be out of them come sunday night.

How would that look Munster cant get out of the group stage to defend there trophy
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

Molly Malone has been around longer than the Fields of Galway, and was ALWAYS the Ireland rugby song until the ham sandwich brigade boycotted the international matches with a song about a field.

Since when has Stabbed Up & Fight been your real song?

I'm glad you recognise where Athenry is. Obviously didn't come through the Munster schools system.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

scuff wrote:
Shedman wrote: We are in the HC 1/4 s with 1 game to spare and ye are out with a game to spare
quote]

How do you know your in them with a game to spare that is not a fact just opinion, For all we know you could wll be out of them come sunday night.

How would that look Munster cant get out of the group stage to defend there trophy
even if they lose they get through as one of the highest runners-up - sucks i know.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

At the end of the day, with all the noise, silence and Fields of whatever....Castro will have a look around, shrug his shoulders, roll his socks down and prepare for battle.....and the Munster front row will shake when they go down for the first scrummage !!
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

actually, he'll come out and grin - widely - as he always does, look scruffy, and smile at the munster props as he goes in and bends there bonesin the first scrum :P
WilfMan
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by WilfMan »

If we win on sataday which there is a very good chance if munster play like they did against Bourgoin then there will be alot of gutted munster fans on this messageboard
-
"Forwards decide who win the game, Backs decide by how much"
-
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

...sadly, I am a realist, with the last game factor, the crowd, the fields of thingy, the ref, the weather and the extra 10 minutes to accommodate a possible Munster converted try, I think that we will come away with a losing bonus point.
Big Bad John
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Big Bad John »

There won't be any gutted Munster fans on here come saturday night....
They will all have mysteriously dissapeared into the woodwork until the next HC, if there is one.
Speaking of which, will Munster be disbanded after this years competition, they obviously don't care about the Magners league or so their loyal fans would have us believe!
Get Some Baby!
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

the chances of me disappearing are quite low om afraid!!

i was at the munster game in welford road and the silence isnt quite as intimidating as the silence in thomond park. trust me on this one!!

lansdowne, we know athenry is in galway. there really is only so many times you can complain that we dont know any geography. its a song, it works for us, get over it!
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
MunsterHQ

Post by MunsterHQ »

What has the Munster Schools system got to do with this? Your implication being most of the current HC winning team were to busy playing rugby to concentrate on geog lessons?
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Orla....please explain how there can be 2 types of silence....at different grounds !!?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 4 »

Even if there are two different kinds of silence then that will be down to irrational minds as opposed to two different types of silence. Silences are silences ie. a lack of noise. Please understand I'm not having a go at you orla - but if the Munster silence is more intimidating than the WR silence then that is down to the fans irrational minds, and if the palyers agree then it is down to the players irrational minds. Silence is silence, and some people say its golden. thats about it.
outwide

Post by outwide »

Just wait and experience it for yourselves :wink:

A fan got ejected from the ground a few years ago for opening a packet of bon bons while the opposition kicker was lining up.Thats what I call silence :lol: :lol:

As for Landsdowne,Meath, enough said :wink:
Neil Back you are now forgiven...................
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

I went to the Munster v Sale game this time last year, I don't recall that the silence in that game was any different to the Welford Road silence :wink: ...and I've experienced both, so my message to Cozza and the boys is...

"Don't be intimidated by the Thormond Park silence, its no different to the Welford Road silence"

Note to self.....get out more ! :roll:
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

Ah OUTWIDE, don't be cruel. It is an indication that not all Leinster fans are from D4.... And, someday, somewhere, we'll meet again... A re-run of the TG4 GAA Gold last night... Don't pay any interest to the fact we got smashed by Kildare at the weekend.

We do have the 3 best comedians in Ireland though.... Tommy Tiernan, Hector O'E******* and Dylan Moran. And the last but one James Bond :lol:

Oh beautiful Meath;
You're all that I need

Orla, why is intimidating? I know Charlie Hodgson had a case of the Bruce Grobbelair last season, but he's the case that disproves the rule. He had a mental meltown with the loud French fans in Paris. So, what can he handle?
I was there in December, and when Johnny Sexton was preparing to kick, we weren't there thinking "Oh God....this is intimidating". Never before has so much hype been created over......silence