Munster v Leinster today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Shedman

Munster v Leinster today

Post by Shedman »

did any one see the game ?

munster 25 leinster 11

yet again munster grind out a victory without breaking a sweat and pummeling people without mercy.

Leinster with Brian o D, Shane Horgan, Girvan Dempsey, Gordon Darcy,Denis Hickie, Contemponi,could not score a point or come close in the second half.

Rog was the bomb and to be honest i cant seeing Tigers doing much in TP but admiring the scenery !

BTW . Some Leinster fans wore custom made anti Munster Slogans in the crowd.

These minority should be ashamed of themselves
Shedman is gone. Shedman is gone
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Yep, watched it late last night. Munster absolutely smashed Leinster at the breakdown, the turnover count must have been horrific (for BOD's boys).

I enjoyed the first 50-60 minutes; some high tempo and aggressive rugby on display, but lost interest as Leinster just melted away at the end. What on earth were they playing at putting Contepomi on when he was clearly injured ? Surely a reckless gamble (that did not pay off) ?

ROG is absolutely on fire at the moment, isn't he ?
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by orla - mumha abú! »

yup, ROG is pretty fab at the moment. fingers crossed he keeps it up.

some of the leinster fans are taking the rivalry beyond friendly banter. its such a shame really.
to the brave and faithful nothing is impossible

European Champions 2006!
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

orla - mumha abú! wrote:some of the leinster fans are taking the rivalry beyond friendly banter. its such a shame really.
so, are you and 'tiger eye' gonna have a mud wrestle to settle things then. i'll be ref! :twisted:
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

orla - mumha abú! wrote:yup, ROG is pretty fab at the moment. fingers crossed he keeps it up.

some of the leinster fans are taking the rivalry beyond friendly banter. its such a shame really.
I lost attention towards the end .... but I heard some booing of Contepomi. It was isolated, but clearly audible on Setanta's coverage. Is there a bit of history there ?
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

id win, i am from munster after awhile. you fight from a young age over here!! lol.

i dont think there is any real history to be honest. but he was still injured so i guess not playing much great rugby. all i can think of!

European Champions 2006!
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

dailywaffle wrote:Is there a bit of history there ?
good god yeah... no love lost between the 'turnips' and the 'mexicans'. there's a fairly vitrioic rivalry there alright. more than any english rivalry.

they have even more contempt for each other than they do for us 'todgers' :shock:
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

ulster_jamesie wrote:
dailywaffle wrote:Is there a bit of history there ?
good god yeah... no love lost between the 'turnips' and the 'mexicans'. there's a fairly vitrioic rivalry there alright. more than any english rivalry.

they have even more contempt for each other than they do for us 'todgers' :shock:
Sorry, u_j, I meant as regards Contepomi. I wasn't sure why he would be singled out for the treatment.
ulster_jamesie

Post by ulster_jamesie »

:oops: :oops: :oops: sorry waffle!

if i'm not mistaken i think conti had some less than favourable things to say about munster and their fans after the heiny semi-final last season :shock:
MunsterHQ

Post by MunsterHQ »

Correct Jamesie. O Gara & Conti don't really like each other either...lots of history prov/Intl. Conti thought he would evade the Muster back row in the HCSF & dropped every ball that came to him...on eye on Foley, one on Wally...but didn't have another one for Leamy who pummeled him everytime. It was a case of sqeaky bum time!! BTW - did anyone see O'Dris stamping on Dowling with about 10 mins to go??
Lux Tiger
Tiger Cub

Post by Lux Tiger »

orla - mumha abú! wrote: some of the leinster fans are taking the rivalry beyond friendly banter. its such a shame really.
Wonder whether this article published earlier this year has fanned the flames somewhat

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/363/munster1lc5.jpg

I'm sure you've seen it...all a bit of fun...isn't it? :lol:
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

there have been so many of that type of article in irish newspapers. the whole thing was at its peak around semi final time last year. everyone just found it amusing and it was still all friendly banter.

t-shirts with ridiculous slogans and chants like boring boring munster are taking it beyond friendly banter and on to full blown rivalry. its just a small group of fans ruining it for both sides.

i personally dont hate leinster, and dont hate their fans. i find the whole leinster thing quite amusing though. but i find that living in dublin makes it worse for me, i witness them first hand. ha ha.

ya contepomi said some things about munster in the press last year. he also made ridiculous excuses about why he played badly. all the rubbish about using a different changing room to what he is used to and other aspects of his routine being changed. just a history with the two ou halves i guess.

European Champions 2006!
Tiger Eye
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger Eye »

ulster_jamesie wrote:
orla - mumha abú! wrote:some of the leinster fans are taking the rivalry beyond friendly banter. its such a shame really.
so, are you and 'tiger eye' gonna have a mud wrestle to settle things then. i'll be ref! :twisted:
Yeeeaahhh! bring it on, bring it on!! I've a blue belt in Tae Kwon Do and from outskirts of suburban Dublin so I know who my money is on :lol: :lol:
Leinster Heineken Cup champions 2009
Ireland Grand Slam champions 2009

http://sites.google.com/site/ritamarielawlor/
orla - mumha abú!
Gold Member
Gold Member

ive passed through the ranks of street fighting in cork city. bet wisely!

European Champions 2006!
blaker
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by blaker »

I'm a Leinster fan from Dublin. I think Munster are a better team than us (on full flight we play better rugby but its a results business). Having said that some of the comments made here are a bit unfair.
Its fairly easy to point towards airy fairy Leinster players and fans but thats far too generalistic and a crass insult to the majority just as is the case when people slate Munster for being boring and predictable 10 man gamers.
I was at the game yesterday. I'll assure all of you that there were "derogatory" chants coming from both sets of supporters and "boring Munster" was the least of it. Nothing I heard was all that bad really though. I notice nobody mentioned the "ladyboys" chants directed at Leinster. Again, not that serious or anything but if you're going to have a cut at Leinster, it has to work both ways!
Munster are runaway favourites (I reckon) for the HC an most Leinster fans are pragmatic enough to realise that. To deride Leinster who played a 21 yo debutant outhalf for losing away in Thomond Park to the HC champions who were aided somewhat by the refs calls (you would have won anyway though)is a bit unfair!
Sin e seo.