new england coach

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

HurlerOnDeDitch

Post by HurlerOnDeDitch »

English Rugby Football Union. :lol:

I know that they don't feel the need to include the "English" in their title. I just couldn't resist having a pop at it! :twisted:

Seriously, I don't think you currently have the playes to deliver on that expectation.
If that is the measure of success for the next England manager, nobody will touch the job with a barge pole.

Next management team needs a 5 year term and a fair bit of time to get the structures right. They should also have measurable performance goals by which to judge progress.

On the playing front winning more games than you lose might be a good place to start.
To the Brave and Faithful, Nothing is Impossible!
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

HurlerOnDeDitch wrote:English Rugby Football Union. :lol:

I know that they don't feel the need to include the "English" in their title. I just couldn't resist having a pop at it! :twisted:

Seriously, I don't think you currently have the playes to deliver on that expectation.
If that is the measure of success for the next England manager, nobody will touch the job with a barge pole.

Next management team needs a 5 year term and a fair bit of time to get the structures right. They should also have measurable performance goals by which to judge progress.

On the playing front winning more games than you lose might be a good place to start.
I wouldn't argue with that. If the foundations of English rugby are loose, what chance has the new roofer got ?
Limey1966

Post by Limey1966 »

Why do we need to replace AR, if the position is purely a management slot with no need to coach (according to Rob Andrew) then why doesnt he get off his a** and do it. If I recall correctly he was brought in to do the management side while AR was supposedly going to focus more on coaching. Seems to me if we bring in another manager it's just another RFU waste of time and money, plus who wants to play second fiddle to Rob Andrew who has done nothing with a team since the first year of the professional game.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Think of it in Royal terms. The Queen sits at the top (Andrews) and she delegates the running of England to (Blair). Blair has been deposed in the real world (ha ha) and there needs to be a new Blair.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

I think there is a bit of media momentum in favour of a Deano / Wells reunion. They guided us to being the best club rugby side the NH has ever produced (and that came from a certain Stuart Barnes), and Deano is widely admired and respected for his wonderful contribution to the game as both a player and coach.

If they are going to 'go English', that is the very obvious pick.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

dailywaffle wrote:I think there is a bit of media momentum in favour of a Deano / Wells reunion. They guided us to being the best club rugby side the NH has ever produced (and that came from a certain Stuart Barnes), and Deano is widely admired and respected for his wonderful contribution to the game as both a player and coach.

If they are going to 'go English', that is the very obvious pick.
It's the pick I'd like but has Deanno not just renewed his contract at Quinns?

Could cost a lot to get him released.