London Wasps v Leicester Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Sorry to be a party pooper, but Stuart Barnes didn't appear to write that one. He is guilty of many things, but that rubbish report annot surely be one. I would suggest lambasting the Sky Sports web team.

That aside, WHAT A FANTASTIC RESULT TODAY!!!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I can confirm that it was a good performance from the boys today. Worth all the hassle of flying in and out via Heathrow and suffering through the match at HQ yesterday.

Front row did very well, 'though Moreno was blowing a bit by the end. Lineout was solid, backrow outstanding, Jennnings was everywhere, Abraham did well, binning aside, Crane for me was man of the match, simply outstanding.

Backs still a bit disjointed at times but some great breaks by Hipkiss, Murphy and Humphreys and Ellis looks to be getting back to some form, but he's got to clear that scrum ball quicker. Gibson looked a bit laboured at times, is he carrying an injury or something?

Not that much between the teams though. Main reason we won were we that edged it up front and won the kicking contests, both with the penalties and territory. Certainly moving in the right direction though.
the wasp squasher

Post by the wasp squasher »

well done tigers we squashed some wasps yesterday :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

So right! :D :D :D
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Excellent result :D
stevetelcom2000
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by stevetelcom2000 »

From the bits of the game I seen either side of watching the Ireland game. L.T looked as though they absorbed the loss of their Internationals better then Wasps. L.T's strength in depth is apparent to anyone who attends the Monday night demolition of other A teams. It is an enviable situation to be in. With so many Internationals away, L.T still had players of the calibre of G.Murphy, Beamand & H. Tuilagi on the bench, quite impressive by anyones standards. The returning Internationals are far from guarenteed walking straight back into the side. A problem I'm sure P.h is more than happy to have.
oxontiger

Post by oxontiger »

Great result. Didn't agree with Luke's sin bin, I thought it harsh to say the least. Was it Larry flopping on the floor like a kipper while all else were stamding? I thought the Wasps sin bin was either a red (if intentional) or a telling off (if not). My little girls are happy anyway. They've never seen Tigers lose!
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

westy154 wrote:Sorry to be a party pooper, but Stuart Barnes didn't appear to write that one. He is guilty of many things, but that rubbish report annot surely be one. I would suggest lambasting the Sky Sports web team.

That aside, WHAT A FANTASTIC RESULT TODAY!!!
I know he didn't write it Westy, but any excuse for a moan at Barnes is well worth it.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
TigerTimmy

Post by TigerTimmy »

I was at the game yesterday, my first game of the season (was a stupid idea moving to the south!). Was a very impressive performance by the whole team. The forwards where immense, particularly Luke and Jordan. Luke's sin-binning was unlucky as Dayglo was on the wrong side and making no effort to get out of the way. Didn't seem the actual stamp though, so it could have been quite bad.

Humpries and Johne Murphy both looked good in the backs. Ian looks sharp and made some beautiful breaks. Also has a very good boot on him. Johne is quick and strong and on a couple of occasion tried to run around the whole Wasps team, and almost did!!

Was a great game to be at. With 20 mins to go, with Wasps just kicking the ball to us over and over again, the Wasps fan next to me turned to e and conceeded defeat!

Also to answer someone's question earlier, Jennings scored the try, but Gibson made it. Brilliant pass to Gibbo from Humpries, but he was tackled yards from the line. Luckily Shane was there ready to pick up the ball (which looked to me to have gone forward, but the ref claims it came off the Wasps player). Was funny to see the ref give the try and then turn round and tell Dayglo to shut up and go away :D
www.myspace.com/polarbeauty (Random electronic doodlings)
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

I was going to settle for a losing bonus point but when I heard that it was 10 all at HT I just knew it was going to end in a win. The write up in the INDY was full of praise of Jordan Crane, a guy I have rated even when he was at Leeds. It shows that getting full game time does bring the youngsters on quite quickly. All in all not a bad weekend for me in that I sold my Eng/SA tickets to a Wasps fan as I was away for the w/end so I avoided another depressing day at the 'Stadium of Lost causes' and then the pests lose to us on the Sunday. Nothing like having bragging rights for a while. As the EDF game with the Saints is game just up for pride and the shirt, I hope that PH will allow this side the opportunity to at least start the game and then introduce the returning INTS so that they can get some proper rugby in before the HC weekends. We need at least 8 points fron both games with Cardiff taking some points off Munster but not too many.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat