England Win

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

g wrote: I can see AR in charge for the 6 nations and the WC unfortunately. :cry:
Why unfortunately? I mean, fair do's, you don't want him there for the 6N, but definitely your man for the WC. I understand he cleans a mean cludgie. :wink:
Tigerama
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tigerama »

as has been mentioned above, doesnt a wells/johnson partnership make you salavate?

its got to be worth a try to at least rescue the 6N, let alone the WC.

a 2 pointer is just as good as a loss where OBNC is concerned.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Gate

You've got me all in a confused state now :? :oops: Do I mean fortunately or unfortunately :? I don't know now. :oops: OH POO. Lets say it this way come the 6 nations and the WC I can see AR still being around which is not good news for us poor souls.

BTW what is a cludgie? :?
Mid Lander

Post by Mid Lander »

I may be being cynical but i think he does it for the cameras. Most of the players look bemused by him.

This has been the only time i think england winning may have not helped their cause because it will keep robbo around - i agree g
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Quite to the contrary.
A two point win means Martin Corry didn't captain the side to a record number of losses.
It also means that, at home against a team without many of its more experienced players, it was another poor result. End of Robbo!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

g wrote:BTW what is a cludgie? :?
That accounts for your confusion - a cludgie is a WC. I should have said lavvy. Laphroaig does this to you.
Lansdowne RFC
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lansdowne RFC »

I personally think every Irish and Welsh fan are hoping both Andy Robinson and Bernard Laporte are in charge for the 6 Nations. Especially, from my point of view, that England and France are coming to Croke Park.

Watching those English backs move the ball so aimlessly from one touch line to the other on the 22 midway through the second half will gaive a lot of encouragement to everyone else. If SA had a decent openside, and a more effective rush defence, they could have cut England's attacks so quickly. I can't believe how blunt the attacking options are for England. The passes are behind the runner, and never stick. Your half backs are among the worst in the 6N .

It's good for England they won today, but if sides can match you up front, like Argentina and NZ did, and keep concentration in defence, then you will lose a lot more games than you'll win. Ireland and Wales will shut you out, and pick holes in your back line, especially 10-12 axis. It's still worrying times for England.
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

fferm buttocks wrote:Cozza wa t ruly brilliant. As ever. Stupid comment saying 'hands on hips'. Was a different match you watched? Built a lot of the action, and some of you very DISLOYAL.

Glyn ff-b
I really do not mean to be rude but did you actually watch the game!

Apart from that stupid "3-point" tackle on Butch at KO poor old MC was a spent force.

When I got back from Twickenham yasterday I watched the Bath/Bristol game. We must give Ward-Smith a run out to see if he can make the step-up and leave poor old MC to maybe find some form at Tigers.
BTW What is disloyal about not wanting players in the England side who are not good enough?
banbury tiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by banbury tiger »

the tigers players did well ! moody was good as was corry. and the changing point in the game was when GOODEY came on ! he was brilliant and deserves to be full time no 10. lewsey was good too. with those try saving tackles. Well done england for turning it around, now focus on getting a win with A PERFORMANCE next week then were set up for the 6 nations ! GO ENGLAND !
Tigers forever ! Tuilagi Rules!!
Get well soon Hazza.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leicester_Tigers
Dave Angel
Super User
Super User

Post by Dave Angel »

Tigerama wrote:as has been mentioned above, doesnt a wells/johnson partnership make you salavate?

its got to be worth a try to at least rescue the 6N, let alone the WC.

a 2 pointer is just as good as a loss where OBNC is concerned.

No, I can honestly say that it really doesn't make me salivate at all.

Johnno has NO coaching experience whatsoever. Zero. Zip. Nada.
As great a captain & leader as he was on th pitch, he hasnt even acted as Assistant Coach to a league club yet, let alone been Head Coach of a National side! Take off those Tigers blinkers & try to look objectively at this issue!

As for Wells, he is a good assistant coach but what has he ever won as Head Coach? Tigers' trophies were all won under Deano. True, Wells was the Assistant Coach over that period but Andy Robinson was Woodward's assistant through England's great successes. Good assistants do not necessarily make good leaders & good players rarely do!

You are only suggesting Johnno as you are looking at the issue through Tigers-loving eyes. Anyone with any degree of neutrality in this would realise that Johnno is not the man. He has no coaching experience (at anything above kids coaching classes) and yet you are considering throwing him straight in to the top job in the country?!? Get real! :shock:
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

Totally agree, Dave Angel.

Johnno was a great player, no doubt, but the regular requests on here for him to become England coach (or DoR) make no sense at all. I do agree that his nouse and experience should not be lost to the game, but let's be realistic about what he can and can't do.
vinniechan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by vinniechan »

Lansdowne RFC wrote:I personally think every Irish and Welsh fan are hoping both Andy Robinson and Bernard Laporte are in charge for the 6 Nations. Especially, from my point of view, that England and France are coming to Croke Park.

Watching those English backs move the ball so aimlessly from one touch line to the other on the 22 midway through the second half will gaive a lot of encouragement to everyone else. If SA had a decent openside, and a more effective rush defence, they could have cut England's attacks so quickly. I can't believe how blunt the attacking options are for England. The passes are behind the runner, and never stick. Your half backs are among the worst in the 6N .

It's good for England they won today, but if sides can match you up front, like Argentina and NZ did, and keep concentration in defence, then you will lose a lot more games than you'll win. Ireland and Wales will shut you out, and pick holes in your back line, especially 10-12 axis. It's still worrying times for England.
Unfortunately, SA does have one of the best openside in the world who just didnt come to Twicker :evil: