It's all Corrys fault--- Dallaglio called back?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

g
Super User
Super User

It's all Corrys fault--- Dallaglio called back?

Post by g »

So says the back page of one of the newspapers today. Went something like this England are blaming the performances on Corry and they think he has been the long term problem. It has been said that Robinson is thinking about asking Dilly dally to come back and rescue England from the mire.

There you have it. None of this England debacle has been down to Robinson :shock: We have all been blaming the wrong man. :roll: I think we should all write Andy Robinson a letter of apology and tell him how very sorry that the whole country doubted him and that it wasn't his fault after all. :twisted:

Forget about the other 14 players on the pitch just put Florence out there on his own after all he has told everyone that he will win the WC all by himself. :lol:
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: It's all Corrys fault--- Dallaglio called back?

Post by Nabuk »

g wrote:So says the back page of one of the newspapers today. Went something like this England are blaming the performances on Corry and they think he has been the long term problem. It has been said that Robinson is thinking about asking Dilly dally to come back and rescue England from the mire.

There you have it. None of this England debacle has been down to Robinson :shock: We have all been blaming the wrong man. :roll: I think we should all write Andy Robinson a letter of apology and tell him how very sorry that the whole country doubted him and that it wasn't his fault after all. :twisted:

Forget about the other 14 players on the pitch just put Florence out there on his own after all he has told everyone that he will win the WC all by himself. :lol:
LOL whatever I think about Correy as Captain there is no way he can be blamed for everything! If they are looking to make him the scapegoat then AR needs to take a long hard look in the mirror before he says anymore. :x
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Cozza should NOT be blamed for the debacle, the buck stops with the coach. Okay he isn't on the field with the players but he's in touch with them one way or another and they follow his game plan such as it is.

The media have to find someone to blame and turn on like a pack of wolves, and AR "has the support of the RFU" so that's all right then :roll:

Dayglo *insert barfing emoticon here*

g - I know we often don't see eye to eye, but I agree with you completely here.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Rizzo

Ditto :D

What worries me though is what it will do to Corry. I am not certain he is really captain material-my opinion only. You only have to look at him when there is a break in play he does not get the troops together to speak to them he does it at Tigers as well. Johnno would have kicked ass at every opportunity.

Also what is it with Robinson that he cannot se that he is to blame but everyone around him his? He picks the team, he's the one who messes the players minds up so much that when they come back to their clubs they are the shadow of the players they were before they left.This is all down to him and yet he won't accept the blame for anything. Also as you say he has Andrews and the RFU@ backing so everything is hunky dory and none of it was his fault.

As for Dilly Dally coming back? God I hope not he is a major disrupting influence and is an "I" player and not a team player. England need to look to the future and if that means dropping the older heads ( Corry, White, Dilly Dally etc) then it has to be done. We need to plan now for 2011 and that means playing the likes of Allen, Cipriani, Flood, Lund etc and getting them up tp speed so they are capable of at least competing
and giving England at least a fair chance of winning the 2011 WC.

Calling Dallaglio back now will be a big mistake :x as he only has his interests at heart and I feel it will be the end for Cozza and I really believe he will hang up his international boots if Florence comes back.

I think after this AI is over it wouldn't surprise me if Cozza does say enough is enough.

I just cannot believe how 2 men( Robinson, Dallaglio for his disruptive influences within the squad) have brought England to the depths of despair and have made this country the laughing stock of the whole world.
Phil B
Super User
Super User

Post by Phil B »

Dallaglio is due back soon - surely that's a given?

The waters will be muddied for the next game, as many of the players "have" to be rested, (either in this one or the next one), and one will not know for certain whether a player has been dropped or rested.
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

With Robinson staying who can they blame - it has to be Cozza!

Bring back Dayglo then we are at rock bottom and the only way is up!

Please don't make Kay captain - it will only make him a scape goat as well.
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Actually lets bring back Florence then when he fails miserably to get England a win he can be kicked as far into touch as possible.Far enough into the gutter so that he can't crawl out.

I hope he gets called back for these next 2 tests then I really hope England do lose and then the mighty gob may just realise he should have stayed RETIRED.
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

I can't believe they still believe we have prospects in the WC. We are surely going to struggle tgo get out of pool stages.

Certainly we need dynamic management to at least achieve a QF.

Andrews appears to have done nothing - other than to sit there looking miserable behind AR. How much are they, the incompetent RFU, paying him?

It really just proves that if you take a manager from a mediocre Team and make him Chief, add a defensive coach whose team had one of the worst records in the league - add AR -
downhill is the only way!
Nabuk
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Nabuk »

Well as Far as Rob Andrew is concerned it's a case of Leopard/spots.

I remember him pledging his future to Wasps when professionism first began only to be lured by Sir John Hall to Newcastle once money was mentioned.(He also took half the Wasps squad with him)

Not a lot has changed he has not got the b*lls to sack AR and lest we forget which moron appointed Correy in the first place? and when it became obvious it was not working KEPT HIM AS CAPTAIN!!!!!

Andy "blo**dy" Robinson thats who :evil: :evil:
AV8TOR

Post by AV8TOR »

OK. 1 or 2 of you seem to be finally thinking in the right direction at last: ~

Givens: ~

1. Robinson needs to go.
2. England doesn’t have a prayer in next year’s world cup.
3. That makes the England job a poisoned chalice.
4. The R.F.U. & the press LOVE Day-Glo.

Answers: ~

1. Sack Robinson today.
2. Bring Day-Glo in as Player Manager.
3. England finish bottom of the 6 nations.
4. England fail to progress out of the pool stages of the world cup.
5. Kick Day-Glo and his ego into touch, once and for all.
6. Appoint Martin Johnson as England manager, with a remit to sort Professional Rugby out at all levels.

QED.
Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me and be my friend.
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

Like that summary - seems about right.

A little worried about Johno and English Set up - would hate him to be ruined by the slugs in grey suits.

Perhaps a couple of seasons with us and then world domination.

Just seen on another thread that NZ copied us!

Sums it up really we couldn't even copy ourselves when CW went!
tig1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dallaglio

Post by tig1 »

I never quite understand the constant criticism of Dallaglio on this site. I am never quite sure whether it is tongue in cheek, but on the assumption that it isnt, i would give this view as a staunch, but fair tigers fan.

Regardless of his public persona (and remember we had Austin Healy!), Dallaglio's achievements and contributions to rugby are immense. World cup sevens winner, the only player to play every minute of every England's 2003 rwc victory, a three times British lion including the tour victory in South Africa 1997, captaining wasps to european cup, premiership and powergen cup triumphs, grand slam winner. etc etc.

As i say, people may not like his apparently selfish persona, but we should give the guy the respect and credit he deserves. The biggest compliment i can pay him is that i wish he had been playing for Tigers all these years, because the guy has proved himself a through and through winner. The accusation that this guy is not a team player is nonsense. There is no way you achieve everything he has in world rugby, over all those years, without being the ultimate team player.

Of course his abilities have waned with age, and we should debate, objectively, whethere he is worth a place in the current squad and the side. But please lets do it in an objective, creditworthy, non biased manner.
EssexTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by EssexTiger »

Yes - give the man respect!

And then wish him goodbye!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Sorry tig1 totally disagree with you.

Dallaglio departed the sinking ship in which he was a major contribution too. Now he tells the world he wants to come back and show the world that he will win the World cup all by himself. Look at the disruption be caused earlier this year with all his media publicity cr*p. He unsettled the team and tried to tell Robinson to pick him as captain over Corry. Even one of his club team mates said it would be a bad move if Florence came back into the England set up. I also say he is not a team player he does not give a poo about his team mates the only person he loves and admires is himself.

As far as respect is concerned I have no respect at all for him and I never will. I just wish he would crawl back into the gutter or better still break his leg so it finishes him off once and for all. ( And yes I know I will get slated for wishing injury on a player,) but that is how much I dislike him and his enormous ego.

Dallaglio and to a certain extent Corry are not the future for England and I say give the youngsters their chance even if it means finishing bottom of the 6 nations table, we need to build now for 2011 as we aint got a hope in hells chance of getting anywhere in 2007.
Iain
Super User
Super User

Post by Iain »

I put it to you though that Dallaglio wouldn't be quoted as much if interviewers and editors didn't ask him the questions though.
Plus nobody has ever hated a mediocre player. He's hated because over the years he has been one of the best back rowers around. Just that I don't think he's the future, nor do I think at 33, Perry Freshwater is the future at prop (deserved though his cap was, should have come years ago).
To wish Dallaglio a broken leg is just childish petulance, I won't grace that with any more of a comment.