Tigers vs. Dragons.- Views

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bigstef
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Tigers vs. Dragons.- Views

Post by bigstef »

Very impressed, nowhere near a full strength team, but can i just start with an apology to Paul Burke, proved me wrong today, well done

It's was a superb all-round performance nice to see our penalty count significantly cut. Backs were awsome today their passing was pin-point, however it was the fowards who really stole the show today half of em looked like backs with their hands, especially big jim, no but seriously people i'd like to mention,

Buckland simply awsome it's great that we have such competition for places at our club and the hooker battle like the scrum half battle really is down to personal opinion

Castrogiavanni was absolutely fantastic today, as per usual :) , won som much ball he really is one of the most mobile props on this planet, brilliant, My Man Of The Match

Hamilton, wow looked like a centre, that first try was bee eee a you tifully created and he like Castro and Buckland was everywere and really was the number one lock on the park.

Alessana Tuilagi- Get Simon Cowell down to WR because that man has the X Factor (kinda) everytime he took that ball today you could just hear the defenders whimpering,

Lewis Moody- one word SOLID

Paul Burke - Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry Sorry
SORRY, you can play and i was too quick to judge, solid and really led the line tonight, however one game doesn't make you a good fly half just like one bad shouldn't have made you a bad one, well done
unohoo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by unohoo »

Buckland- Great game, and lucky not to be spotted taking out their Hooker for Jennings to pop through and score.
westwinds31
Super User
Super User

Post by westwinds31 »

Perhaps it was just me, but I was frustrated with the game yesterday.....too many basic errors, the referee didn't help and missed quite a bit, including Moody being taken out a couple of times at the restarts. We should have put 60 points on Newport....they were there for the taking. Hipkiss annoys me with his lack of vision and total refusal to pass to anyone else in a scoring position !! But as a former forward, the breakdown is the real point that annoys me....why do we insist on only sending 2 or 3 people into the breakdown.....then the ball doesn't get cleared out = slow ball.......we are at our best when we send numbers into the breakdown and the ball comes out quickly, giving Tuilagi etc a good run at the opposition....how many times Hipkiss took it into the tackle and made no progress whatsoever I lost count. Yes, a good win but against other opposition, I suspect that we would have struggled. The Munster game in the HC is going to make or break our season I reckon. Hopefully we can pull a "Sale game" performance out of the hat.
Headers
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Headers »

Anyone can slag the reff of but what a shocking game for him his line's men well every one in orange except for the stewards i think they had a good day :roll:
is growing bonsai a big thing
expectingA tigerCUB
Top Cat
Top Cat

Disallowed try from scrum?

Post by expectingA tigerCUB »

hello.

i was right in the corner of crumbie last night and cldnt see why the try was not given. can anyone enlighten me? seemed fine to me with whole scrum going over line nearly
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

According to the ref:-

Ball grounded by black hand first, 22 drop! Cooper (I think) got his mits on the ball before Deaks flopped on it.

I thought we won semi-pretty yesterday! Forwards were great and I REALLY enjoyed our scrums. :lol: :lol: :lol: Naughty Mr Buckland! Pushing their bloke out of the way to give Shane the run in! Tee Hee. I expect I'll be getting chants of "******** cheats" at the kid's game this morning. I'll just smile and point to the Tiger on my chest! (You can imagine your own expletive by the way.....they will be many and varied)

Backs, The jury is still out! We didn't seem to do much bar bash and crash. Gibbo added much needed edge but to me we lack something behind the scrum.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

Nice one Bigsteff.

I was really chuffed that Cabbage was kept on all match, he had a brilliant match.....

Hey Big Dai, how's it going.

Well for a team not up to full strength we did good.

WELL DONE LEO - YOU DID AN OUTSTANDING JOB AS CAPTAIN ......... BRILLIANT JOB.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

Leo as a future captain for Tigers? What do you think?

The odd person has also suggested that Ben should be captain.

The thing is great person that Martin Corry is, he doesn't really seem to be a great Tigers captain! :( :( :( :(
Nik
Super User
Super User

Post by Nik »

he is rather tired at the moment eh Simon, but when Cozza pulls out all the stops he's ace. I think Leo did a grand job and well deserved, he rallied his team and kept talking..... love it.
Life was like a box of chocolates - until I ate them! :smt061
simon redshaw
Super User
Super User

Post by simon redshaw »

That's fair enough, Nik. Hopefully, Cozza can regain his old zest for the job.

Don't forget we also have another potential future leader in Shane Jennings. I believe he captained Ireland A in the summer and did well.

Nik, I am fine. Had a great weekend and back to work today. I am tired now though as it was a very busy evening at Tonbridge RM!!
k1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by k1 »

I thought there were some good performances and there was never any danger of losing the game. Did find it a little tedious though. I think maybe there were too many stoppages and this broke up the flow of the game. Whether this was partly due to the refereeing I don't know. Scrums never seemed to get settled which slowed the game down and lineouts were a little sloppy which meant slow ball on a few occasions. Good forwards display and some of the backs were pretty good also. Gibson made good breaks when he came on. Tuilagi got around the park well but so many handling errors, if he could learn how to keep hold of the ball when going into contact he'd be dangerous. I thought B Deacon made a big difference when he came on, better performance than a largely anonymous Crane IMO. Crane is one for the future - maybe PH should be playing him more in the Dev team for now and "upgrading" Deacs to the 1st XV?